HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 6, 2010, 3:19 AM
Robotic Construction

That's what I was thinking. They said one of the advantages the winning bidder had, was that their Hyundai-Rotem EMU train-sets were already FRA-compliant. Again, as far as I know, this means the new Silverliner V. It also has to have a DMU counterpart, as the future NW Corridor will be EMU for it's first segment, with DMU running the remainder of the line. Hyundai-Rotem has a DMU Silverliner V which is currently seeking FRA-compliance, from what I have read.

I'm 99% sure they are planning on using the Silverliner V, with a custom interior arrangement more favorable for an airport line (extra racks and storage compartments, 3-2 seating, etc..). They will probably be painted white on the exterior (with RTD's stripes running down them), instead of the plain stainless steal. The white paint job alone, will make them look far better, imho.

Here, this is a depiction by Denver Transit Partners (the private consortium building this PPP). They do say "rail cars that could be used...":

A depiction by Denver Transit Partners shows rail cars that could be used on the yet-to-be-built commuter train between Denver International Airport and Union Station. The private consortium was chosen Tuesday night by the Regional Transportation District board of directors over another competitor, Mountain-Air Transit Partners. (Denver Transit Partners). http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15305916

It's also important to note that they are depicting a 2-car train and it has been determined that they would be running 3-car trains to start with and expanding them to 4-car trains in the future, as ridership grows. I assume the 2-car train depicted is for simplicity, to more easily show what the trains will look like.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation