HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Feb 15, 2020, 11:18 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I am sure it's very satisfying to do all that huffing and puffing via memes, but that doesn't change that every day that passes this is having an impact on the lives of more and more people.

I would not use the word "terrorist" personally but you need to give your head a shake and consider what is the true tangible impact of the blockades on the life someone like p_xavier, vs. the true tangible impact of the pipeline project on the lives of those elders in BC or the Mohawks blocking rail lines in Ontario and Quebec?
I understand what you're saying here, but I don't want to waste any more time on trying to have this discussion in this place because it just exhausts me. Hence the meme.

I started to write something, and then gave up. And I'm going to continue to be given up.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_xavier View Post
I'm really pissed since I use VIA as my nearly daily commute and the pseudo terrorists are keeping me to get to my house.
Buy a car / take the bus, and remember to vote for a different government next time!

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 2:05 AM
I am a typical

So I've done the math and I literally spend more on lunch than I do on my vehicle.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 2:19 AM
recession proof

If you become homeless you can sleep in a Honda Fit.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 2:58 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

So p xavier has to suck it up and buy a car because of the protests. There is no intercity bus service where he lives.

What is the equivalent direct cost to each of the hereditary chiefs if the pipeline goes through?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 3:03 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Lots of friends and relatives in New Brunswick pissed about major cuts to hospitals including emergency room closures. Maybe they should block some rail lines and see what happens?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 3:06 AM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
I like the Smart ForTwo: cheap to insure and has a great turning radius. Get the 2016 model.
That's why I love it. I can literally do donuts on a 30' wide street in my neighbourhood. Only problem I had was shocks. Edmonton roads eat cars for lunch so you can imagine I'm saving up to pay for my third set since 2013...

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 3:23 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
So p xavier has to suck it up and buy a car because of the protests. There is no intercity bus service where he lives.

What is the equivalent direct cost to each of the hereditary chiefs if the pipeline goes through?
Finally! He’s gonna enjoy the drive back to Edmunston to see his parents in the future once MTQ completes A85.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 4:24 AM
I am a typical

Quote:

You understand absolutely nothing that they've said nor do you intend to, and that's what makes discussing this with you so exhausting. It's why I start typing something and then realize "holy shit, he's further back than this I have to start over!" multiple times before I finally just say "fuck it" and

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 2:17 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
You understand absolutely nothing that they've said nor do you intend to, and that's what makes discussing this with you so exhausting. It's why I start typing something and then realize "holy shit, he's further back than this I have to start over!" multiple times before I finally just say "fuck it" and

"You just don't understand, I'm outta here" is not an effective rebuttal, much less an argument winning statement.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 5:03 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
"You just don't understand, I'm outta here" is not an effective rebuttal, much less an argument winning statement.
I don't care.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 5:46 PM

I think it augurs poorly for the future of the FNs if you/they can't even manage to not alienate "progressive" Canadians like Acajack.

Someone else pointed out on this forum not long ago that as immigration continues, sympathy for FNs can only go down. And I'd tend to agree - it seems perfectly plausible to me that hardworking Neo-Canadians from China/India would generally opine "Why the F should these people be allowed to mooch my hard-earned tax dollars just because they're brown-skinned and were here earlier than me?"

So it's possible, even likely, that the window for whatever "reconciliation" is supposed to be is slowly closing.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 12:05 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
I think it augurs poorly for the future of the FNs if you/they can't even manage to not alienate "progressive" Canadians like Acajack.

Someone else pointed out on this forum not long ago that as immigration continues, sympathy for FNs can only go down. And I'd tend to agree - it seems perfectly plausible to me that hardworking Neo-Canadians from China/India would generally opine "Why the F should these people be allowed to mooch my hard-earned tax dollars just because they're brown-skinned and were here earlier than me?"

So it's possible, even likely, that the window for whatever "reconciliation" is supposed to be is slowly closing.
I won't be changing my views in support of reconciliation, but I am not so optimistic about future public opinion.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 12:15 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Wow, we have strayed so far from LakeLocker deciding to get a car to this. (I’d rather take post #1 as face value.)

Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 12:53 AM

The OP's "face value" IMO includes that the reason for buying a car would be to have a reliable mode of intercity transportation seeing how just anyone can paralyze a railway anytime in this country for any reason. It's not even reading between the lines.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada