HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 3:20 PM

Amli

Holy cow the AMLI looks amazing. That compliments Fountain Place in so many ways. Im incredibly excited for this project! Changing the Dallas skyline!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 3:37 PM

The New Fountain Place

Has anyone noticed the Fountain Place website is giving a little tease about the remodeling? They use the quote "The future is bright" Could that mean they are finally lighting Fountain Place at night?
I sure hope so!
http://www.fountainplace.com

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 9:52 PM

I think just subtly outlining portions the building in white LED lights would look great!

I don't think the whole building should be lined like the B of A building.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman_Patrick View Post
Has anyone noticed the Fountain Place website is giving a little tease about the remodeling? They use the quote "The future is bright" Could that mean they are finally lighting Fountain Place at night?
I sure hope so!
http://www.fountainplace.com
I hope not. Just gonna disagree here. I'm worn out on the Las Vegas, night-time, outlining of the buildings with LED strip lights. Its starting to become a little much especially the tower on McKinney Ave.

I do like the way the new office tower at McKinney and Olive was done. That one was done by lighting consultant outside of the Dallas market. Its settle and elegant.... not in-your-face lighting.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 8:04 PM

Dallas' second Woonerf neighborhood approved:

Dallas’ first residential Woonerf neighborhood comes to northern Lake Highlands

View approved plan here.

Quote:
You probably haven’t heard the term Woonerf unless you are in an architect/city planner-type. Or Dutch.
Quote:
Her new unique neighborhood called Urban Commons, to be located off Forest Lane near I-635, was unanimously approved by the Dallas City Council Jan. 11.
Quote:
“Neighbors will live their values and connect with what they love: modern architecture, living green with access to the outdoors and to urban amenities,” she says.
Quote:
These will run about $200,000-$600,000.

The project consists of 75 – 80 single family homes will be built by architect/builder teams in groups around landscaped common areas. Homes will be smaller, from 600 square feet to 2,800 square feet.

“Modern architecture and national green building standards will apply. A limited, carefully selected palette of materials will ensure cohesive design, low maintenance and durability. Expansive front porches on each residence will reinforce a sense of community and provide a proven eyes-on-the-street approach to security,” the developer notes.
Quote:
“The 10-acre site will place a priority on the natural attributes of the property, through visual and spatial connects between the building clusters and the wooded environment of a creek and water branch that traverses the property. Outdoor amenities, including a pond and a walk path engage the existing nature through the plan. In contrast to the re-wilded creek, residences front on cultivated landscapes and professionally maintained commons areas that are connected to garages and parking by accent paving.

“Streets will incorporate Woonerf [ʋoːnɛrf] details; an urban planning strategy that creates shared streets where pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles travel together without traditional safety infrastructure to guide them.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 8:59 PM
high five!

Found a few more AMLI Fountain Place goodies

floor plans

pages 66-73
https://issuu.com/mrahmatoulin/docs/...portfolio_2017

Last edited by maconahey; Feb 20, 2017 at 9:20 PM.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 12:48 AM

I'm excited about this Amli tower! I hope this happens soon. Really hoping the Flora high rise starts soon as well!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I'm excited about this Amli tower! I hope this happens soon. Really hoping the Flora high rise starts soon as well!
Proforma states construction schedule is to be from July 1, 2017 to March 1, 2019.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 3:41 PM

Amli and the Fountain Place podium project are going to greatly increase the demand and value of Fountain Place. It will go from a work only area to a live/work/play environment once it's complete. Love that Amli is designed to accent Fountain Place and not obstruct it's view.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 6:40 PM

Lennar plans new apartments, retail on Garland Road

Quote:
Lennar Multifamily Communities wants to build a mixed-use development of apartments and retail on Garland Road near Buckner.
Quote:
While Lennar’s zoning-change application requests a new planned development district “to allow for multifamily residential and retail,” it doesn’t specify what kind of density they’re seeking.

How many stories, how many apartments and how much retail space they’ll be requesting remains to be seen.
Project Location

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 6:51 PM

Two projects under construction in Allen:
  • One Bethany
  • 125,000 square-foot speculative office in Watters Creek
  • 2018 completion

DMN
  • WatchGuard Video headquartes
  • 200,000 square-foot office, two phases
  • Early 2018 completion phase one, 2022 phase two

AllenAmerican

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 3:02 AM

For years I have dreamed of the day they would finally illuminate the facade of Fountain Place. I sincerely hope that's what they are planning on doing. It is honestly one of Dallas' most beautiful skyscrapers and it too should stand out at night somehow. After all, Dallas is known for its colorful skyline. Let's see what happens.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 7:25 AM

Developers detail plans for 2 more Legacy office towers in Plano

Quote:
Tier REIT plans to build two office towers with over 600,000 square feet on the vacant tract, next to the former Encana Oil & Gas Tower at 5851 Legacy Circle.

The towers would be 10 and 11 stories tall. Tier REIT plans to build them in partnership with Dallas-based Lincoln Property Co.

The two firms have been marketing the projects to potential tenants, real estate brokers say.
Project Location

Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 9:02 AM

I have heard nothing about lighting up Fountain Place at night, so I wouldn't hold my breath for such a dream.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshdodd View Post
I have heard nothing about lighting up Fountain Place at night, so I wouldn't hold my breath for such a dream.
Thank goodness. That would have ruin what is an eloquent the tower, IMO. Not everything needs to be flashy....

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 2:47 AM
Hopeful Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTU Arch View Post
Thank goodness. That would have ruin what is an eloquent the tower, IMO. Not everything needs to be flashy....
True it doesn't need to be flashy but as is Fountain Place completely disappears at night and is nothing more than specs of faint window lighting among the nighttime skyline. Lighting would actually give this building and identity at night.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTU Arch View Post
Not everything needs to be flashy....
Agreed.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 10:53 PM

they could just shine lights on it stead of lining it with LEDs.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 12:27 AM

If they do light it up, just simple white would look great. Just something to really showcase the angles and shape of the entire structure at night would be quite nice.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
If they do light it up, just simple white would look great. Just something to really showcase the angles and shape of the entire structure at night would be quite nice.
Dallas is easily one of the most lit up downtowns in the country. The Omni Hotel and Reunion tower take it to another level alone. never mind the other towers. So very subtle lighting on the Fountain Place current or future is more than enough. Or it can stay unlit due to the fact that the angular and all glass superstructure is so unique.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations