HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 6:57 PM

Cranes of San Antonio

There is at least 3 cranes errected in downtown San Antonio. One on the Vistana, one of the Vidorra and one on the Broadway...also there was a crane on a building on the Incarnet Word Univerisity near 281. I will get a picture.

There are several buildings going up in the Stone Oak area....Tesoro and some nice looking bulding on 1604 and Stone Oak...I will find out what that building is.

Now we have nowhere near the cranes and construction of Downtown Austin...but we are starting.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiphanes View Post
There is at least 3 cranes errected in downtown San Antonio. One on the Vistana, one of the Vidorra and one on the Broadway...also there was a crane on a building on the Incarnet Word Univerisity near 281. I will get a picture.

There are several buildings going up in the Stone Oak area....Tesoro and some nice looking bulding on 1604 and Stone Oak...I will find out what that building is.

Now we have nowhere near the cranes and construction of Downtown Austin...but we are starting.
Acturally you forgot the crane at the Courtyard by the Marriott, I see how maybe you could've missed that cause of the surrounding of buildings around it.
Second the broadway building is quite a few miles out of downtown so that crane shouldnt count. . . .so yeah there is about three cranes downtown. . . . . a pretty small number compared to Austins millions of cranes .LOL

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dskyhigh View Post
Acturally you forgot the crane at the Courtyard by the Marriott, I see how maybe you could've missed that cause of the surrounding of buildings around it.
Second the broadway building is quite a few miles out of downtown so that crane shouldnt count. . . .so yeah there is about three cranes downtown. . . . . a pretty small number compared to Austins millions of cranes .LOL
Yep i forgot about the courtyard marriot...How many stories is that going to be?

The Vidorra I is looking nice at night. They are going to have an awesome view at the 22nd floor.

But man I wish we could get something like the Austonian in San Antonio...a 54 story highrise would be awesome...We probably will if the Vidorra and Broadway are successfull...and supposely they are at 80 percent sold.

I kind of wish i would have got in early on the Vidorra and got a small unit on the upper floors..it was probably cheap back then..But you know the broadway is also in a good spot....there will be much more highrises up broadway in the future.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Yep i forgot about the courtyard marriot...How many stories is that going to be?

The Vidorra I is looking nice at night. They are going to have an awesome view at the 22nd floor.

But man I wish we could get something like the Austonian in San Antonio...a 54 story highrise would be awesome...We probably will if the Vidorra and Broadway are successfull...and supposely they are at 80 percent sold.

I kind of wish i would have got in early on the Vidorra and got a small unit on the upper floors..it was probably cheap back then..But you know the broadway is also in a good spot....there will be much more highrises up broadway in the future.
I'm hoping that Vidorra II will end up going higher because of demand

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
Yep...maybe even 35 stories? they got the space but are they zoned? The Vidorra is on the eastern end of downtown...they do not block anybodys view..but they will have an awesome view in all directions, even though there is not much to see to the east.

Also just think when San Antonio gets a professional football team, that will hopefully go into a refurb Alamo Dome with luxury Sky boxes...the Vidorra I and II will be in the pimp spot.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 7:08 PM

Quote:
I just came back from lunch going down IH-10 and the SA Skyline is starting to look nice. It looks better comming from the northwest or from the Southeast from IH-37. They really need to put some more Highrise condos and hotels over on the east side of IH-37. If you look on Google Earth there is this huge empty spot in East San Antonio just east of the Alamo Dome\Vidorra I...about 1 mile....would be nice for some low end highrises or office park. One day somebody will buy up the houses on the east side of San Antonio...the part near downtown....but east of IH-37.

I came across a lot of new information on new developments in the Stone Oak area...no highrise condo projects yet...but some more office buildings and lots of new retail and hotel projects. I will get some picture of the Hotel in the PGA village...

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
O.k isnt the Vidorra 2 already approved ?, and if it is can they increase the amount of stories they want ? IS THAT LEGAL!?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 2:47 PM

Quote:
The Courtyard by the Marriott should be just about 17 stories if im correct.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 2:51 PM
Meh

Yes. I had counted 17 floors in the rendering. Comparing its height to the Holiday Inn next door, I would say it's about 190 feet tall.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 7:27 PM

Quote:
O.k isnt the Vidorra 2 already approved ?, and if it is can they increase the amount of stories they want ? IS THAT LEGAL!?

If it is already approved they can not make any hight changes. But somebody correct me if i am wrong.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 4:20 AM

JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa construction photos

This is suppose to be finished by March 2010 with 1002 rooms...and I believe two towers. They are building the resort so it is kinda hidden in the trees. But you can see the cranes from Loop 1604. The Resort will be visible from 1604 also.

The Resort is not that far off Evans Road up Cibolo Canyon Road about 2 miles. Maybe this resort will get us a W Hotel in San Antonio. What do you guys think of a W Hotel either downtown or in the SO (Stone Oak)? Remember the SO is right next to the Marriott Resort.

View looking at the resort from Cibolo Canyon Road.

All Pictures are taken by Aiphanes. If you want the links to the original 7.2 MP I will give them to you.

Last edited by Aiphanes; Mar 16, 2008 at 10:42 PM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 4:23 AM

Close up of the Tesoro Constuction

I will get even closer later this week. There is only one crane on this site right now...I heard two cranes are going to be errected.

Those houses down in the valley are going to be over shadowed..

All Pictures are taken by Aiphanes. If you want the links to the original 7.2 MP I will give them to you.

Last edited by Aiphanes; Mar 16, 2008 at 10:43 PM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 4:26 AM

Some Luxury Apartment\Condo\Townhouse constuction near JW Marriott Resort

These Townhouses are located at Cibolo Canyon Road and Evans Road.

They look to be about 3 months from completion. It looks like they are going to be huge. These are probably going to be rentals. Right up to road is the JW Marriott Resort and Spa. So this is prime location. They need to expand Evans Road into at least a 4 lane road. Also they need to expand Bulverde Road to a 4 land road from at least Cibolo Canyon to 1604. Cibolo Canyon is already a nice 4 lane road.

Last edited by Aiphanes; Mar 16, 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 4:36 AM
Meh

How are those resort buildings supposed to be? Anyone know? And does anyone have any info about them? Who are the architects and developers?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
How are those resort buildings supposed to be? Anyone know? And does anyone have any info about them? Who are the architects and developers?

The Developer is Miller Properties
http://www.millerglobal.com/CurrentlyOwned.htm

Here is a link to what is it suppose to look like...Two towers...at 1002 suites or rooms, surrounded by a two 18 hole PGA golf courses...and then 1800 home sites. There is like over 2600 acres in the total cibolo canyon development. I think this is gonna be huge and will probably create more hotel construction in the Stone Oak area...mostly near or along 281, evans and 1604. The airport is not too far...and neither is Fiesta Texas, Sea World...and now JW Marriot...but we all know you can not play at this resort unless you are a guess or a member...but what this project might do is create even more golf courses in the area.

http://www.jwsanantonio.com/resort-p...slide-show.asp

Here are more renderings from another forum:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...enderings.html

Last edited by Aiphanes; Mar 17, 2008 at 4:19 AM.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 4:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Can you add the following to the under constuction list:

JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa - completion in march 2010 (I believe the main tower is 8 stories and the other 3 towers are up to 6 stories)
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital - completion in march 2009 (132 beds in phase one with up to 350 beds in phase 2) I believe it is at least 5 stories in two towers

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 5:00 AM

There was talk in the forums a while ago about a new W Hotel and Residences going up somewhere in downtown san antonio.
Here is the rumored site:

I believe a W Hotel and Residences is still going to happen in San Antonio but they are building a new one in Austin and it will have to finish first...so maybe next year. The one is Austin is tight will will also include a new Austin City Limits and will be 37 stores. But back to our beloved San Antono...once the Broadway and Vidorra are completed and they sell out (and they will because there really is no highrise condos in san antonio like there is in Austin, Dallas and Houston) We will see a boom, maybe not like Austin...but we will see the boom in these parts of the city...here is my predictions..

Broadway Area...from where The broadway is now...to downtown...we will see lots of highrises and lofts. If you look at The Broadway Highrise...it is in the perfect location...the edge of Alamo Hights (the richest part of the inner 410 area) and 4 1/2 blocks from HEB Central Market, and right across from a major university. There was perfect planning in building this Highrise.

The EAST SA\Vidorra Area...it is perfect..sure east San Antonio is not that great...but look on google earth and you can see there is a lot of empty land just to the east of downtown San Antonio..about 5 to 10 blocks down east commerce. It boggles my mind why they did not build the ATT Center here. They even could have built it right near the Alamo Dome.

Also look at this google earth picture...of the area extremely around The Vidorra...there are no houses...only warehouses...this is a perfect area for more Highrise condos.

This is just the downtown areas or near downtown (Broadway) I also believe we will see some Highrise developement in the Stone Oak area. (Lets call the Stone Oak Area the SO) It boggles my mind why they have not trying to build at least a 10 to 16 story residental highrise near 1604 and 281 or along 1604 from 281 to blanco. The appartment complexes that they build are taking up too much land. There are a lot of luxury condo\Apartment conplexes (all rentals) mixed inbetween all the housing in Stone Oak. The SO is really like a city into itself. Its medical area is beginning to rival SA main Medical Center. It now has a huge club and bar scene scatter all over the stone oak area that rivals downtown...All the good resturants are there also. There is at least 4 new shopping complexes under construction in the SO....and the JW Marriot Resort and Spa (under construction is right nearby). At least the SO will gets it first Highrise...the Tesoro Headquarters.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 6:13 AM

Quote:
If it is already approved they can not make any hight changes. But somebody correct me if i am wrong.

Even after plan approval changes can be made. It is called a revision.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 6:47 PM

First post here, but I've read for a while. The summer before my senior year in college (2006) I was a bellman for the Westin downtown. I took up a man's luggage and on the way in the elevator, he was telling me how excited he was about the opening of the W in Dallas(he had participated in the opening). His words to me after that was that San Antonio was going to get one fairly soon. That was about a year and half ago, so I wonder if they backed off, or saw Austin as a better opportunity.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 6:49 PM

btw..has anyone seen that construction at 410 and I35 South over there near the Toyota plant? It looks like a huge car dealership is going in.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations