HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 3:32 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post

Still a few tickets left so Redblacks fans need to buy them up before those Oskee Wee Wee pansies get to 'em!
Replace the word pansies with nig*ers. That's basically what you just wrote except your target group was gay people instead of Black people. You may not be a bigot but that's how you come across when you use words like that. It's not ok.

Last edited by isaidso; Nov 12, 2018 at 3:46 AM.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 4:29 AM

Are we seriously at a point now that the word “pansie” is considered a homophobic term, and therefore considered politically incorrect?!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslack View Post
Are we seriously at a point now that the word “pansie” is considered a homophobic term, and therefore considered politically incorrect?!
Yes we are, but thankfully the backlash against the overkill of political correctness is just beginning to ramp up.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 4:49 AM

Quote:
originally posted by isaidso
Replace the word pansies with nig*ers. That's basically what you just wrote except your target group was gay people instead of Black people. You may not be a bigot but that's how you come across when you use words like that. It's not ok.
thankfully he didn't use the 3 letter f word at least, pansy is the traditional way of referring to gay men. Judging from the above posts, the CFL fan base is still a generation or two out from being inclusive & open to LGBTQ viewers.

Quote:
originally posted by tomthumb2
When is the CFL going to get serious about player safety? When there are no QBs left to play? They obviously don't give a crap, judging from the Odell Willis incident and I doubt Jeffcoat will see any discipline either. It reflects VERY badly on the league and definitely hurts minor football as far as recruiting is concerned.

Aside from that, the Bombers are def for real. They beat the leagues best defence and I don't see anyone beating them the rest of the way.
CFL players systematically taking out QBs from one team is definitely one effective way to eliminate a team from the playoffs/GreyCup. Even the CFL commissioner admitted the indiscretion on the part of the league itself...

Quote:
Commissioner Randy Ambrosie admitted Monday the CFL dropped the ball regarding how it handled defensive lineman Odell Willis's helmet-to-helmet hit on quarterback Zach Collaros on Saturday.
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/c...cats-1.4883172

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Zach Collaros is out.
-19 with the wind chill, starting to snow and wind is picking up in Regina.
Going to be interesting!

Also nice to see the UofC Dinos keeping up the Calgary choke tradition yesterday!
University of Saskatchewan Huskies winning Hardy Cup against the Calgary Dinos last Saturday does reflect on how strong provincial football is back home.

https://thestarphoenix.com/sports/lo...ime-since-2006

Next up the Canadian Bowl in Saskatoon this coming weekend. If the Hilltops win, Saskatchewan will have won the last 9 out of 10 National Titles.

https://www.cjfl.org/

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScraper View Post
thankfully he didn't use the 3 letter f word at least, judging from the above posts, the CFL fan base is still a generation or two out from being inclusive & open to LGBTQ viewers.
Apparently you missed this:

and this

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 5:04 AM

^^ too bad CFL fans can't learn from this...

t-shirts & ball caps worn by some doesn't make up for bigoted comments of others.

'don't be such a c*** sucker'

hey I was wearing a t-shirt so it's ok

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 5:07 AM

Quote:
^^ too bad CFL fans can't learn from this...

t-shirts & ball caps worn by some doesn't make up for bigoted comments of others
Life's tough

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
Sorry, had to rub it in, but I don't think you'll mind

Lucky the head hit on Bridge wasn't a penalty, it might have helped the Riders a bit.

Anyway, I think the Bombers match up well against the Stamps. Looking forward to see who BLM throws under the bus this year.
I don't mind at all. But I think even Reinebold could have managed a playoff win had he been given 5 years to pull it off

I do agree that the Bombers match up well against Calgary, though. Calgary is better on paper but I'd take the hot team against the badly slumping one.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 6:26 AM

Pansie doesn't automatically refer to somebody being gay, it often is referred to people who are weak, which judging by the OP's comment was most likely what his was about. You two need to stop being pansies and chill.

As far as the comment on the CFL fanbase being still a generation out from being inclusive, speak for yourself and your fanbase not others. After all it's the Rider fanbase that's known as the most backward, hillbilly of all the fanbases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Quote:
thankfully he didn't use the 3 letter f word at least, pansy is the traditional way of referring to gay men. Judging from the above posts, the CFL fan base is still a generation or two out from being inclusive & open to LGBTQ viewers.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 6:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg66 View Post
After all it's the Rider fanbase that's known as the most backward, hillbilly of all the fanbases.
How would one even quantify this?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 11:07 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Never heard of pansy being homophobic. Thought it was synonymous with wimp or weakling. Are those homophobic too?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Never heard of pansy being homophobic. Thought it was synonymous with wimp or weakling. Are those homophobic too?
That is my interpretation also. Hope that doesn’t make me homophobic. I’ll have to ask my gay friends what their take is.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 2:29 PM

Quote:
ORRRR, some CFL fans simply did not know that “pansy” was a homophobic term, rather simply just thought it is synonymous for weak, or wimp.

Don’t be so damn quick to judge.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 4:09 PM

Jeez (can I say jeez?) I take one afternoon off from the forum to watch some football and this place turned into an intro to social movements class.

As far as the hit to the head on Bridge, I was waiting for the ref to come on and say "the video referee as called a major foul...." but that obviously never happened. Everybody watching in the stands and at home knew it was a penalty so I really don't understand why one wasn't called by the ref in the stands, that position should really be the ultimate security blanket for the CFL on missed calls.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
It's not the same thing as the N word. If he was implying that pansies are gay people (and I don't think he was) then it's not right, but I've heard pansies reference many things. Mostly I seen it used to represent wimpy ,non-competitive

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I don't mind at all. But I think even Reinebold could have managed a playoff win had he been given 5 years to pull it off

I do agree that the Bombers match up well against Calgary, though. Calgary is better on paper but I'd take the hot team against the badly slumping one.
I think Calgary's better on paper without the injuries. As it stands now, it's a toss up on paper, but the Bombers are the hot team right now. Which is why I'm picking them to win.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Pansy just means someone who is soft and weak, not specifically gay.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 7:26 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

"Pansy" is a delicate flower. It was often directed at women, who could take it as a compliment or an insult based on context, and effeminate men who most of the time took it as an insult and sometimes a threat.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 8:02 PM
Community Guy

Let's go Bombers Let's go!

Let's go Ti-Cats Let's go!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 8:28 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Yes don't ya know? If you infer that someone is anything other than something absolutely positive and wonderful you are in fact being homophobic
Federalist #10, James Madison

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada