HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jul 19, 2007, 3:10 AM

Thanks for the additional comments on the photos. Chris, I will be doing the Leakey Death Ride in October, which is a 220 mile bicycle tour through some of the most scenic and roughest terrain in the Hill Country.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2007, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
San Antonio is Historical!!! San Antonio is Modern!!!!!!!San Antonio is a 300 year old city that pretty much has it all.San Antonio is growing faster than cities its size.Columbus and Indianpolis are not as big as San Antonio.One example, Indy has 794,000 people in 400 square miles.San Antonio 1,300,000 in 400 square miles.I wont even bother comparing Columbus,Ohio.San Antonio is far more urbanized than those cities.
San Antonio metro will surpass Kansas City,Cleveland,Cincinatti metros in the next 5-10 years.I read one website projecting San Antonio metro to have 3,167,000 people by 2020.Many of the slightly bigger rust belt metros will eat San Antonio's dust.
You have to be S.A's best cheerleader. Most of what you said above is true. Lots to be proud of. I do have to say though that the one thing San Antonio lacks is much urban. Suburban it does fantastic and it has some great areas. It has a very great downtown that is getting ready to explode. What is more San Antonio is extremely lucky to have such a thick,rich and hugely vibrantly cultured population!(which Columbus and Indy aren't).

But it is not anymore urban than Indianapolis or Columbus in it actual "urban" areas. They are all pretty close...but San Antonio doesn't have the business aspect in the urban area as the two midwest cities.

I just hope San Antonio one day does start to take urbanization serious. Then I would say watch out everyone.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2007, 4:12 PM
Uncle Grandpa

Rich colorful looking city John. I was stationed at Lackland in 1985 for police training. Didn't get to see much of the city however. I remember the riverwalk was a big draw though. You see many Air Force personel in uniform running around?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 1:31 AM

Yes, I did see quite a few Air Force personnel in uniform on the Riverwalk.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 11:05 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

If only I had a camera, I would get some nice shots of the Alamo and the Riverwalk when I'm out there tomorrow...

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 5:30 PM

I wish that I wasn't stuck here working every weekend so I could meet you either in San Antonio or Houston. My weekender from one month ago was a lot of fun.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 7:22 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
If only I had a camera, I would get some nice shots of the Alamo and the Riverwalk when I'm out there tomorrow...

Aaron (Glowrock)
We apologize for the weather. It won't stop raining.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 7:35 PM

Now you are experiencing the kind of June we had in Fort Worth. It rained nearly every day. For the record, it was the second rainest June ever in this part of Texas. Even with the low pressure area moving south and westward, it has still been close enough that we have been having scattered showers over the last couple of weeks. It rained a little bit today while I was at the office.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 12:13 AM

I thought I would try to resurrect this thread. I went back to the Hill Country, as I had promised, in October, but I haven't process the photos yet. Since I was on a bicycle tour, I took a disposable film camera.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos