HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Sep 21, 2023, 1:04 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

8 lanes for the 401??

Old Posted Sep 21, 2023, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post

One of the overpasses will be rebuilt way to the east of the current structure. Usually replacements are made right next to the existing bridges.
They had decided several years ago now that they were going to move the Glanworth Drive bridge well to the east. They had originally planned to not replace it at all, and instead direct traffic onto Tempo Rd where they could then go over the 401 on Col Talbot. The farmers protested this saying it would be very dangerous to mix farm vehicles with 4 lanes of Col Talbot traffic as well as merging and diverging 401 traffic. This new plan gets Glanworth Dr well away from this interchange, which currently it merges right in the middle of the off ramp from west to northbound.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2023, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
8 lanes for the 401??
I'm sure eventually. It's only 4 now. I can't really see that part needing to go more than 6 wide for decades yet, but I'm sure the new bridges will be built to handle 8.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 12:05 AM

Something random to note. I don't understand why the Eastbound side with 3 lanes has 80km/h signs posted. Everyone doesn't slow at all and still goes 120+, and there is no issues.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 2:37 AM
User Registered

Be careful, going 40 over in a 80 is considered stunt driving now. Also fines doubled on construction.

I agree not much is happening eastbound right now so should stay 100

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 2:39 AM

40 over is stunt driving for areas with limits below 80, not 80 itself, to be clear. So doing 111 in a 70 zone would be stunt driving, but doing 121 in an 80 zone would not.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2023, 5:06 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Saw a convoy of about 70 motorcyclists on Sunday, doing wheelies and stunt driving on Hyde Park Road. These guys ride recklessly, speed, and make a shitload of noise, with impunity. Why do we, as a society, give so much latitude to young men who want to act like assholes? Whether it is aggressive driving with their prickup trucks, speeding and stunt driving on motorcycles, or modifed, gas-pack mufflers on trucks, cars, and motorcycles...I hate these fuckers.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure