HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 9:20 PM

I drove by the new school today and it looks great.

I only brought up Tim's house because I drove by the other day and counted 4 storeys of steel and concrete block which is pretty significant and since it's an old commercial building he's converting I thought it was worthy

Old Posted Dec 12, 2012, 5:55 PM

That's crazy!! Where is it at?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 3:00 PM

It's on King Street just up from his kay's building project.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 3:42 PM

Summerside is getting a Starbucks. In the Walmart parking lot they have put up a little shack that looks like a backyard shed, but my dad, who works for Summerside electric, told me when they hooked up the power that was who they hooked it up for. It looks like it will be just a drive through and a window you can walk up to.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 3:47 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Congratulations! That's awesome for a smaller town.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 3:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Summerside is getting a Starbucks. In the Walmart parking lot they have put up a little shack that looks like a backyard shed, but my dad, who works for Summerside electric, told me when they hooked up the power that was who they hooked it up for. It looks like it will be just a drive through and a window you can walk up to.
Doesn't sound very traditional.....

No seating area?

I didn't think Starbucks did standalone drive-thru's

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 3:56 PM

It's way to small, I drive past it this morning and it looks very similar to an ice cream stand.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 8:04 PM

That's what I said! I don't think it looks like a Starbucks but my dad told me that's who they hooked the power up for.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 8:35 PM

That would be great if it was!

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 11:22 PM

whaaat? Charlottetown should consider another Starbucks outside of the one they have now. It's too frustrating to try and find downtown parking just for a latte and have nowhere to sit and drink it because the three tables are taken

Old Posted Dec 21, 2012, 1:24 AM

I would prefer it NOT to be a Starbucks, they practically burn their beans when they roast them. Although I am hoping it is a specialty coffee bar, it would be great to finally get a decent Mocha in Summerside !

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 10:28 PM

Evening folks. This is my first log in on this thread. I have been in the Construction industry over 25 years now currantly working in Charlottetown. I had a question concerning a cornor property in Winsloe. I heard earlier in the fall that a certain apartment rental company had bought land in the vacinity of the Petro Can for apartments/Condos. I'm not sure how specific I am allowed to get online. Anyone else hear anything.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2012, 4:17 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, the PEI section is very nearly moribund, so I doubt that anyone will be able to answer your question.

As for how specific you can get online, I would say that you can get as specific as you want. The only proviso would be if you have inside knowledge on a project, and if publicizing that knowledge could put the project at risk. You would have to be very careful about that as there could be legal implications if your identity could ever be established.

I am not aware of anyone on the forum ever getting in trouble for that though....

Old Posted Dec 29, 2012, 1:45 PM

I believe Taylor Built Homes has 3-4 new apartment buildings in that area in the last year or so. Is this the company you might be referring to?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2012, 10:34 PM

No he's talking about right across from the Petro-Can. I remember hearing about it but I don't remember the specifics.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 2:50 AM

I can't really help you there, I'm still trying to figure out the city as a whole, haven't quite figured out much about developments within the city quite yet.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:45 PM

Shops coming

I heard that there are a few more shops coming to Charlottetown. I heard Carter's and Gymboree are coming as there are job postions online for works for these companies. Has anyone else heard this and if so where are they going. Also has anyone out there heard of any other shops coming to Charlottetown.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2013, 11:31 PM

I just received the "Mayor's Annual Report - 2012" in the mail. It states that as of Nov 30 2012 building permits stood at $114.93 million for Charlottetown. This was an 8.5% increase from 2011.
57 cruise ships visited in 2012 and they are expecting 74 for 2013 with 99,000 passengers and 45,500 crew members.

Last edited by billy1; Jan 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2013, 7:54 PM

New store will take over part of outgoing Zellers; opening April 2014

Topics : Giant Tiger , Summerside
Retailer Giant Tiger has announced that it will take over at least part of the current Summerside Zellers location, with plans to open in April 2014.
Giant Tiger announced Thursday it plans to open its first P.E.I. store at 475 Granville Street North, Summerside, taking approximately 19,000 square feet of the closing Zeller's space.
“We are thrilled to be expanding into Prince Edward Island,” said Greg Farrell, president and COO, Giant Tiger Stores Ltd., in a news release.
“The residents of Prince Edward Island have been asking us for a long time to bring our unique brand values to the Island and we can’t wait to have the Summerside store as a part of the Giant Tiger family.”
The new store will open on April 19, 2014.
Giant Tiger is a Canadian-owned family discount store, providing family fashions, groceries and everyday needs. Established in 1961 in Ottawa’s Byward Market, the privately held company has grown to over 200 locations across Canada, including one Islanders are likely familiar with, just off the TransCanada Highway in Truro, N.S.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2013, 10:18 PM

Seems as though Giant Tiger is taking advantage of the closing Zellers stores, they are also taking over part of the Zellers that is closing here in New Glasgow.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces