HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Hanover Post Oak in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Houston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Houston Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 30, 2008, 11:34 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnland View Post
Houston is such an amazing metro. How far is the area in the foreground from Downtown Houston. Also, I see a major road farther out with major developments at various intervals. What is that road?
It's about 6 or 7 miles west, and if you're talking about the strip at the top of the picture, it's I-10, maybe about 10 miles outward to the top left corner.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 4:27 AM
Ex Houstonian

I had forgotten about this project. Its amazing that areas like this are located so far away from downtown. I mean Post Oak has more skyscrapers than the largest city in Arkansas, little rock but thats not sayin much lol. Post Oak isnt by Gunspoint [Greenspoint] mall is it, I never went out that way much when i lived there.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
I had forgotten about this project. Its amazing that areas like this are located so far away from downtown. I mean Post Oak has more skyscrapers than the largest city in Arkansas, little rock but thats not sayin much lol. Post Oak isnt by Gunspoint [Greenspoint] mall is it, I never went out that way much when i lived there.
Same goes for Tampa. Our whole downtown is barely bigger than the area this project is in.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2008, 12:48 AM
Endless Moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
Post Oak isnt by Gunspoint [Greenspoint] mall is it, I never went out that way much when i lived there.
Post Oak is a long way from Greenspoint. They are two very different areas.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2008, 5:29 AM
Ex Houstonian

posted info that was already said, sorry, oops.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2009, 12:11 AM
BANNED

Here is something you guys here at SSP may not know about...

From Chron...
Quote:
Hanover tower
Also in October, Houston apartment developer Hanover Co. put off the residential tower it said was going to be its “landmark project in Houston.” The 37-story project, planned near Post Oak Boulevard and San Felipe as part of the BLVD Place development, hit the skids because of the “dysfunctional credit markets,” the company said.

BLVD Place
It’s under construction, but Ed Wulfe recently said the timeline of his mixed-use development on Post Oak Boulevard at San Felipe was affected by Hurricane Ike. Moreover, Hanover is pulling back on its tower, and a luxury hotel developer has yet to make its plans final. Whole Foods, which has been terminating and downsizing leases in other markets, said the Houston project is going forward as planned.
Here's the article: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...z/6191958.html

So the tower on the right (Hanover) is out and the RITZ may or may not be built..

Old Posted Feb 9, 2009, 1:35 AM

Ain't that some shit.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2009, 2:00 AM
Ex Houstonian

uhm, Im pretty sure this should still be included in the proposed highrise section since it hasnt started construction yet, at least not to my knowledge.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2009, 2:08 AM

The towers haven't started yet, but the development has.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2009, 7:21 PM

It seems as if the residential tower and hotel may still be planned...but the hotel tower design and company may soon change. Hotel and residential is listed on the location/facts pages. The retail and office portion of the development is complete.

http://www.blvdplace.com/

Old Posted Jul 22, 2010, 12:57 AM

This is about the BLVD Place development. It appears that the Ritz Carlton hotel has resurfaced again and is back in the plans. Wulfe Co. has a new PDF with a couple of new renderings on it. As well as a new interactive map. It says that the Ritz (hotel/condo tower) should be completed by 2014 and the Hanover condo tower should be completed by 2013. The Whole Foods will be done in two years.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2010, 5:26 AM
Hopeful Graduate

Thats great news, this is one of my favorite projects!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2010, 1:19 AM

So how updated were those rendering, before I get too excited.
Im just hoping for the Ritz-Carlton gets built, would freshen up Uptown a lot.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2010, 1:53 AM
Hopeful Graduate

I noticed that in the map of the site that the hotel is displayed as two separate north and south towers.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2010, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymant View Post
I noticed that in the map of the site that the hotel is displayed as two separate north and south towers.
Noticed that as well. Intresting.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2010, 1:05 AM

Hey. New here, but I thought I'd jump in on at least this topic.

I live in the Lofts, right on the other side of Post Oak from this development, so I've been watching every day for years now.
For years now the site has had almost nothing happen except for that first corner building they put up a year or so ago. Finally about 2 months ago they tore down all the remaining buildings on the site except for the Hermes building right next to the new one they just put up.
They finally finished clearing all the land last week. The passed few weeks they've been working on Post Oak itself, and I didn't realize what they were doing until a few days ago, when they put the posts up.
They are installing new traffic lights at a place that currently isn't an intersection. It's just an entrance to a parking lot. I thought it was weird until I found this thread here, with the picture of the planned development. The light is for the street they are putting in. (location of new traffic lights circled below):

So finally, after 2 years of stagnation, the project is showing signs of life. I'm really excited.

Also, as far as the Metro Rail goes: about a year and a half ago, the city bought up the front 4 feet of our property, so that they can expand the street enough to fit in the rail system. It'll get built eventually. Right down Post Oak Blvd.

Personally, I just hope the hurry and finish that Whole Foods. I've been waiting for that thing for years.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2010, 10:44 PM

New update:
About a week ago some signs showed up. The standard "this land is going to become what's in the picture" signs.
The pictures on the signs are also on the BLVD Place website:

Also, the stoplight that I mentioned being built in my previous post is complete and operating, and the street name at the intersection is "BVLD Place".

One thing I found odd, though. The pictures clearly have a highrise in the background, while the most recent news from the site, in the form of this article from Chron, says that the highrise plan was scrapped.

Last edited by Golyadkin; Nov 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM.

Old Posted May 19, 2011, 9:41 PM

Ok. I just had probably the 10 most enlightening minutes about this project.

As I mentioned before, I live across the street from the development. I noticed on blvdplace.com that the address for the leasing office is in the only structure currently built, and I was bored, so I decided to walk over and see if I could get any information about the project. I have no idea why I didn't do this sooner.

They were really happy to hear that this project actually has people following it and excited about seeing it go up.

Here's what I got from them (the big important things are in bold):
-In the next few weeks, they will be moving the temporary power supply for the Pavilion closer to the building, opening up the area for construction.
-Groundbreaking for Phase 1 (the Whole Foods and the little shops around it) WILL be in June.
-The residential tower (in the small block formed by Skylark and Post Oak Lane) will begin construction at approx. the same time as Phase 1.
-They are a little concerned about both projects starting at the same time, as there isn't really a lot of room their for trucks to coming and going.
-The Pavilion will be demolished in September.
-Construction on Phase 2 will begin before then end of this year.
-Construction on Phases 3 and 4 MAY being before then end of this year, and if not, than early next year.
-The project WILL contain a total of 3 towers: the residential tower, a hotel in the back, and the 10-story tower at the corner of BLVD Place Dr. and Post Oak Blvd. seen on the left in this rendering:

-Also, that rendering is apparently new. They told me that the render of final design for the exterior of the Whole Foods (that picture) was only completed last week. There was another view they had posted on their wall, but it isn't on their site, apparently.
For comparison, you can see the render from the same angle in the post above.
-The parking garage will being construction by the end of this year. It will be 7 stories tall, and MAY have an additional 2 stories for a gym at the top.

-The person I was talking to also made mention of one of the towers being 60+ stories tall, and quickly back tracked from it. He was probably thinking of the old plans, but I like to think that they are going to build something massive and just don't want to let anyone know.

And sorry about the triple-posting. In my defense, each post was months apart.

Old Posted May 19, 2011, 11:55 PM
Endless Moments...

Well thats awesome. Nice find...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 8:41 AM
Website Manager

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive