HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrycanuck View Post
Your realtor is an idiot.

STUNNER in Bankview for 599- http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.as...ertyID=7978155
Hi,

We saw that one the day it hit the market. Nicely finished inside and out but the location isn't safe enough for my wife's tastes. I lived a couple of blocks from there when I was in my 20's and didn't have a problem with the area, but she is scared of that area. I suppose that corner of Bankview is a bit awkward.

Anyway, we found a beautiful 2 story, 1800sq/ft 1913 home in the Shaganappi area that we've bought. It is the kind of area I was looking for, the kind that not a lot of people know about yet is a quiet gem. We got the house for under our $500,000 budget meaning we have enough money left over to renovate. Thankfully the ecoEnergy Grant just increased by 25% and the federal home improvement tax rebate for this year will counter the costs of insulation and a new furnace. And the room are large enough to continue with house concerts. Bought my new domain name today and expect to get shows up and running late Fall.

Thanks to everyone who gave their input with this. It took a bit of time but looks like it will work out as planned.

Best,

s.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 10:18 PM
formerly-furry flâneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.steevo View Post
Hi,

We saw that one the day it hit the market. Nicely finished inside and out but the location isn't safe enough for my wife's tastes. I lived a couple of blocks from there when I was in my 20's and didn't have a problem with the area, but she is scared of that area. I suppose that corner of Bankview is a bit awkward.
Oh for the love of God.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 10:24 PM

Perception trumps reality when your married and the wife makes that type of a comment. Regardless of how safe the area may be, on something like that you just don't argue with your woman unless your looking for a divorce. Just be happy he found a place to call home that met his needs.

Congrats Mr. Steevo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrycanuck View Post
Oh for the love of God.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2009, 12:11 AM

Perception definitely does affect a lot. My neighbours complain about the riffraff with bottle collectors and the occasional homeless person in our area, but bringing my wife from Vancouver, she thinks it's super clean and safe.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation