HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Terrible idea. 33 71.74%
They're on the right track! 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Jun 25, 2009, 5:33 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
$50? by the time any company researches it, tenders it out, purchases it, has it installed, you'd be looking at closer to $5000 each, the scary part is I'm not kidding.
As handy as the timetables are I think they would rank pretty low on my list of things Translink should do with their limited budget.
The point is that it would provide the best of both worlds. Regardless if the cost is $300 for whatever reason ($5000 is HIGHLY unlikely - I have looked at far more complicated devices and come out with costs just slightly higher than that), it is still quite reasonable. Of course, this comes from not knowing what their annual cost to maintain these is.

They could easily be secured if they wanted to. The reason the paper has been stolen from the existing ones is because it is just a sheet of paper. No real effort has gone into securing the paper.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2009, 5:38 AM

Why couldn't they get volunteers to update the infotubes?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2009, 6:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKaz View Post
Why couldn't they get volunteers to update the infotubes?
I've considered taping the appropriate page from the Timetable overtop the empty infotube at Hastings & Willingdon, but given our F-ed up justice system I'd probably face two years lessaday if caught....

Luckily it won't come to that,

http://buzzer.translink.ca/index.php...monday-june-29

Old Posted Jun 27, 2009, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
I've considered taping the appropriate page from the Timetable overtop the empty infotube at Hastings & Willingdon, but given our F-ed up justice system I'd probably face two years lessaday if caught....

Luckily it won't come to that,

http://buzzer.translink.ca/index.php...monday-june-29
That was quick. Do we need more proof of how out to lunch Translink is? I bet the board is half of the problem. Do you think any of those people hav eever taken public transit?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure