HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. View Post
Anyone catch last week's SNL?

SNL vs Winnipeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUtNb...layer_embedded
What's with the Fargo accents? lol

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 8:01 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
If daylight time is so great, why not just leave it that way?
Because at least in Calgary, the sun wouldn't rise until after 9:30 in the morning.

DST (more specifically, going off of it) allows us to keep some semblance of connection to the rising and setting of the sun, at least in terms of folks who work/school with traditional 9-5ish hours. Which is still most people, contrary to popular belief.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 8:02 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
What's with the Fargo accents? lol
Fun fact: people in Fargo do not actually talk like that. It's more of an eastern Minnesota accent (and highly exaggerated at that).

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Fun fact: people in Fargo do not actually talk like that. It's more of an eastern Minnesota accent (and highly exaggerated at that).
Yes, I know - I've been to Fargo many times... I meant Fargo the MOVIE lol...

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 2:59 PM

Hey boys and girls just to give you a heads up because of sask population boom we will be getting a new area code May 2013 sasktel will be makeing a ancouncment today

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 3:23 PM
Saskatchewan's Largest

Quote:
Originally Posted by macblaze View Post
Hey boys and girls just to give you a heads up because of sask population boom we will be getting a new area code May 2013 sasktel will be makeing a ancouncment today
So who gets the new one? North or South?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 3:54 PM

not sure the corparte email did not provide us with much deatail I am thinking those would be things that will be worked out in the next year or so here some of the detail that I got today and which will be on the news today

Today SaskTel will issue a new release announcing that as a result of our growing population, an explosion of cellphone numbers and more competitive carriers operating in Saskatchewan there will be the need for a new area code in Saskatchewan. According to the Canadian Numbering Administrator (CNA), which assigns phone number blocks and area codes in the country, Saskatchewan is running out of 306 phone number blocks. The CNA has indicated Saskatchewan's 306 area code is expected to exhaust its supply of telephone numbers by May 2013.

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), which provides the regulatory oversight for the process, will issue a notice for public consultation and a Relief Planning Committee will be formed that will analyze all options and develop a recommendation for the implementation of a new area code in Saskatchewan. Options analyzed by the committee will include a geographic split or a provincial overlay of a new area code. The new area code will be confirmed after the CRTC has approved the Relief Planning Committee's recommendation.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 4:08 PM

A new area code? My guess is that they split up Regina and Saskatoon for the area codes.

And those ariel shots of Saskatoon are beautiful. Some increased densification and we would become a lot closer to Paris. We have beautiful neighborhoods like Broadway and Downtown. Increased densification would only improve this.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macblaze View Post
http://www.canadaviews.ca/2011/03/31...new-area-code/

What amazes me is that Sasktel alone has more wireless numbers than land lines. That doesn't count Rogers, Telus, etc.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
http://www.canadaviews.ca/2011/03/31...new-area-code/

What amazes me is that Sasktel alone has more wireless numbers than land lines. That doesn't count Rogers, Telus, etc.
Shouldn't be too surprising. Any given houseold usually has a single landline...but mom, dad, and kid/s all have their own cellphones.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Shouldn't be too surprising. Any given houseold usually has a single landline...but mom, dad, and kid/s all have their own cellphones.
Although, for example wife and I also have at least 4 landlines between us: home, cottage, office (one each) plus fax lines at our offices. My point is that there are a lot of landlines out there.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 9:46 PM
Home of Hyperchange

I bet they'll go with an overlay. Geographical splits just aren't popular anymore (and require a heck of a lot of work to change half a province's numbers).

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 2:19 AM

Almost certainly it will be an overlay, and Saskatchewan joins 90% of Canada in 10-digit dialing. That will grow to 95% in 2016 when Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island (902) require a second code as well, and some say the last outposts (i.e. 807) will join in at the same time as well, even where a new area code won't be needed for decades.

Probably look for 474 around March 2013. However, just maintaining 306 for two years will be tricky with the amount of demand in the last year, they will need strict number conservation tactics.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 1:33 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 1:57 PM

April Fool!

Say goodbye to tasteless water: report going to Saskatoon city council

By Hayden Finch, The StarPhoenix
April 1, 2011

If a city committee gets its way, Saskatoon will be the first municipality in the country to offer its citizens flavoured tap water on special occasions.

A report going to council Monday argues in favour of a Water Enhancement Team (WET), which will sample flavours and solicit suggestions from citizens through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.

The idea stems from the search engine Google’s initiative to re-imagine its logo on special occasions such as Harry Houdini’s birthday and Sonny and Cher’s wedding anniversary. [...]

Read more: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/life/g...959/story.html

Last edited by drm310; Apr 1, 2011 at 2:03 PM. Reason: Added [...]

Old Posted Apr 15, 2011, 12:32 PM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Piano tuner in Regina

No longer required.

Last edited by babo; Apr 19, 2011 at 10:06 PM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 8:51 AM

What is this thread suppost to be about

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 3:05 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo-cam View Post
What is this thread suppost to be about
It's more of a social topic for the Sask-Man forumers here. In other words, feel free to shoot the s*** with all of us.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 10:09 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

if u get a off topic convo in a thread going that does not fit in any threads move over and and continue it if i find a one i will move it here

also i had a freak incident with a table on sunday morning and have a concussion

Old Posted Apr 28, 2011, 1:54 AM
Youth of a Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm310 View Post
Say goodbye to tasteless water: report going to Saskatoon city council

By Hayden Finch, The StarPhoenix
April 1, 2011

If a city committee gets its way, Saskatoon will be the first municipality in the country to offer its citizens flavoured tap water on special occasions.

A report going to council Monday argues in favour of a Water Enhancement Team (WET), which will sample flavours and solicit suggestions from citizens through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.

The idea stems from the search engine Google’s initiative to re-imagine its logo on special occasions such as Harry Houdini’s birthday and Sonny and Cher’s wedding anniversary. [...]

Read more: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/life/g...959/story.html
Hmm that can go many ways!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan