HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 2:55 PM

hawt!

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 2:56 PM

I love that 1st page too

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 4:51 PM

does anybody know when carribean in south beach will commence construction?
thanks in advance

-hi123

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi123
does anybody know when carribean in south beach will commence construction?
thanks in advance

-hi123
According to this article from April 21st, it should be soon if it hasn't started already:

http://www.multi-housingnews.com/mul..._id=1002384064

Quote:
Construction Begins on South Tower Foundation of Oceanfront Condo in Florida

APRIL 21, 2006 -- Miami Beach, Fla. -- A foundation permit has been secured for the construction of the new south tower, one of two that makes up Caribbean, a high-end oceanfront condo here, that will have 103 luxurious units.

General contractor GT McDonald is building the 19-story structure. Christa Construction and Development LLC is renovating the north tower, a landmark 1941 building whose facade will be restored to its original grandeur. The two buildings will be linked by a lavish outdoor recreation and pool deck.

“We have a foundation pouring date penciled in for 60 days out, however work on the site will begin almost immediately,” said John Casey, president of Christa Construction & Development LLC.

When complete, the six-story north tower will house 35 ultra luxurious residences. The new south tower will house 68 equally well-appointed homes. Both will front the ocean and will share direct boardwalk access, a new-age fitness center, billiard lounge, wine vault and cigar humidor. Five-star services include beach and pool towel service, valet, concierge and 24-hour security.

Units will feature top-of-the-line designer kitchens and baths, “smart” technology and breathtaking ocean and Intracoastal views. Residences in the north tower will range in size from 704 to 1,748 square feet with units in the south tower spanning 1,434 to 3,910 square feet. Direct oceanfront two- and three-bedroom units are available from $2 million. Penthouse pricing is available upon request. Eighty percent of the units have been sold to date.

Christa/Bluerock, a partnership between New York-based Christa Development Corp. (CDC) and Bluerock Real Estate, is developing Caribbean. Kobi Karp is the architect for the project, and the internationally renowned Christopher Ciccone is the interior designer and creative consultant. Majestic Properties is the exclusive sales agent.

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721
Check out this cool interactive map created by the Miami Herald showing all the new planned towers around the new PAC:

Click on the graphic entitled PACked Map for the full graphic:
http://www.miami.com/multimedia/miam...t/archive/pac/

and to think, this is just a section of booming city of Miami

Old Posted May 26, 2006, 4:26 PM

Smile

you guys ...gess what??? i saw on skyscrapercity.com that fortune international has been driving piles for JADE OCEAN in Sunny isles beach! IS thiss true????if it is then

Old Posted May 26, 2006, 9:14 PM

Is Jade Ocean the same thing as Jade Beach II?
Vista Tower, Chicago 1,1199 ft UC 45 Broad St, New York 1,115 ft UC
9 DeKalb Ave, New York 1,066 ft 53W53, New York 1,050 ft UC

Old Posted May 26, 2006, 9:40 PM

Yes

Old Posted May 27, 2006, 1:38 AM

hum.. i was expecting a little more enthusiasticness ...so does anyone no if it is true?...

Old Posted May 27, 2006, 10:00 PM

I hope it's true. It's a great design.
Vista Tower, Chicago 1,1199 ft UC 45 Broad St, New York 1,115 ft UC
9 DeKalb Ave, New York 1,066 ft 53W53, New York 1,050 ft UC

Old Posted May 27, 2006, 10:19 PM

Chuck on SSC says it's true.

Old Posted May 30, 2006, 2:05 PM

Forgive me, but I have a hard time getting excited about Sunny Isles Beach. I heard it's true, but I never make it up that far, so I couldn't say for sure. Sunny Isles is like a giant skyscraper themepark. Pretty to look at it, but that's pretty much it.

Old Posted May 31, 2006, 6:23 PM

The 400-foot Hotel De l'Opera was approved by the commission:

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/060601/story1.shtml

Quote:
Downtown luxury hotel gets OK

By Deserae del Campo
Miami commissioners granted a permit last week to veteran developer Tibor Hollo to build a 34-story, 350-room luxury hotel in the Omni area.
"It will be 25 years since this area of Miami has had a hotel built," said his attorney, Vicky Garcia-Toledo.
Mr. Hollo, president of Florida East Coast Realty who developed the Omni complex and nearby Grand and Marriott hotels, says the Hotel De L'Opera will be rated four stars.
"I approve of this project for this site because it is relative to Miami 21," the city's land use initiative, said Commissioner Johnny Winton. "It will bring a perfect fit to the area."
"As a hotel project it will provide jobs at an entry level," agreed Commissioner Michelle Spence-Jones.
The 400-foot, 34-story hotel at 1771 NE Fourth Ave. is to offer 350 rooms and 44,606 square feet of offices between Bay Parc Plaza rental apartments and the Opera Tower, projects permitted to Mr. Hollo in 2001.
"The original project started in the 1980s" as Miramar Center, said Philip Dahan, Florida East Coast senior vice president. It included Bay Parc Plaza, Opera Tower luxury condos and a site zoned institutional. "The institutional building could have included office space or an education facility," he said.
Mr. Hollo said he was going to build the institutional building because the Miami-Dade School Board approached him in 2004 about the site.
"I don't know what they had in mind," he said, "but it was going to be for school board use. But I haven't heard from them in about a year and a half, so I decided the next best thing would be a hotel on that land."
"This hotel will be the only new hotel in that whole area," Mr. Hollo said, "and I think it should be pretty good, with views of Biscayne Bay and dock space for people who want to bring in their boats."

Old Posted Jun 1, 2006, 2:17 PM

A rendering of the 903-foot tall 600 Brickell provided by rx727fl2002 at ssc:

Old Posted Jun 2, 2006, 12:07 AM
Captain

Nice, I like, very different...

Old Posted Jun 2, 2006, 5:11 AM
Le ronca los mamelles

Very nice...kinda New Yorkish (except for the palms)

Old Posted Jun 2, 2006, 12:54 PM

And most importantly its an office/hotel building. No residential for once.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2006, 3:05 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

The Skyline of my Dreams!

Hi, guys! Been listening in for quite some time now, but had trouble getting administrative approval to join the site! They must have been short-staffed, the way Emporis seems to be these days with not having updated the Miami page in weeks. Native Floridian here who has lived in the Miami area since 1984, but I moved to South Florida after living in California for 10 years where I became a skyscraper enthusiast/aficionado with the skylines of Los Angeles and San Francisco! When I used to watch the Miami sunsets from my high-rise, bay view, South Beach apartment, I would imagine what Miami would look like with a skyline like that of L.A. or San Francisco, and I thought it was something I could only dream about. Now, with what has already sold, in addition to what is already under construction, Miami will easily have the 3rd most dynamic skyline in the country within the next 5 years with 21st century skyscraper architecture spreading from the Rickenbacker Causeway to I-195!! I don't have the inside scoop on a lot of these projects the way of some of you do, but living right in the city now (upper east side), I occasionally take weekend drives just to monitor the progress of some projects. I do hope Empire World gets built at 1000+ feet though. If we are going to have the 3rd most dynamic skyline in the country, it is only appropriate that we have at least 2 supertalls (I don't particularly care for the skybridges either, but they add stability and speak to the area in which we live the way our architecture should). About height restrictions, I've been watching planes fly into Miami International for over 20 years now, and I think the FAA and MIA are too stringent with their height restrictions! Instances in which they would need as much clearance as they are asking seem almost negligible to me! I tire of hearing about our towers being chopped down. The designs of Capital I & II, for instance, almost beg to be taller and should have stayed at 805 feet. Either way, I anxiously await 2011 and the new skyline like a gentile kid waiting for Christmas! It is something I quite literally used to dream about! There is no place in the world I would rather be right now than Miami! Steve

Old Posted Jun 3, 2006, 5:21 PM

could somebody go please check out the site for carribean in south beach to see if there is any construction activity ....if somebody could i would GREATLY appreciate it.

-hi123

Old Posted Jun 3, 2006, 5:54 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

I will go by later today or this evening! Paying bills right now, then the gym later!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations