HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 4:14 PM

Whoops, I guess my photos didn't load from the other day. Here's a couple renderings for 499 West Ash.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 5:42 PM
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipani View Post
A few construction shots of projects near the Embarcadero today:

Pacific Gate:

What a gem this one is turning out to be!

Navy Broadway Complex demolition:

Seeing this monstrosity get destroyed is going to be one of the best things, ever.

Great photo update Lipani, Pacific Gate is beautiful! And to think that it will soon be hidden by the NBC Complex, which is finally happening. Nice to see the demo work there. If I worked in those buildings, I'd be really happy to see them demolished. They look like horrible places to work in.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 5:49 PM
BANNED

Pacific Gate is turning out to be a great project. Right now it's probably the second best high rise in all of SD just behind the iconic America Plaza.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 9:52 PM
It could be worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJXN View Post
Can we have a rundown of what's under construction and proposed in SD?
Any volunteers? The first post of this thread hasn't been updated in 3 and a half years. A lot has changed since then.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northparkwizard View Post
Whoops, I guess my photos didn't load from the other day. Here's a couple renderings for 499 West Ash.

The density of that is awesome. So 499 W. Ash comprises of that whole block or just one of those parcels?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 11:36 PM
Babylon falling

That block right there is how all of downtown should look! Nice and dense and no more midrise 7 story BS. Like SDFan said buyers want to be up high like Vancouver they want real views and to feel like they are in a big city. There is something about being up high that people crave.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfishy View Post
The density of that is awesome. So 499 W. Ash comprises of that whole block or just one of those parcels?
Looks like the project is an entire city block, four different buildings.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:41 AM
Category Five

Kinda reminds me of the walled city of Kowloon.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
Pacific Gate is turning out to be a great project. Right now it's probably the second best high rise in all of SD just behind the iconic America Plaza.
I'm the sucker of all suckers for curved glass buildings!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 8:10 AM

Quote:
^ One of the bright sides of Bertrice getting banned is that we can talk about TJ projects without a racist troll again.

Hopefully TJ's building boom will include more projects closer to the border. The only one within walking distance of San Ysidro, I believe, is the New City expansion under construction.
I've probably said it before in another post, not sure, but I'd love to see San Ysidro built up, with a corresponding build up on the other side of the Border.

Haven't been to TJ since last summer, but I believe they were just finishing the 3rd tower of their New City Complex, and am curious to see if they've found enough buyers to add a 4th tower. I believe they are 30 stories tall! It's nice to see the towers looking out from Revolution Avenue, adds a nice urban touch!

Would be curious to see what their views are from those towers looking north? With a flat landscape, perhaps they can see downtown San Diego! I've been up on the highest hills there and you get a knockout view looking North!

Would like to know something about the buyers. How many buyers from San Diego and buyers from Tijuana or elsewhere? Wouldn't surprise me if there's some more adventuresome seniors that spotted it out as a retirement place. Best of both worlds. On Medicare, which is not accepted in Mexico, need medical care? Just walk to the Border and head for Kaiser or wherever!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 4:05 PM
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
I've probably said it before in another post, not sure, but I'd love to see San Ysidro built up, with a corresponding build up on the other side of the Border.

Haven't been to TJ since last summer, but I believe they were just finishing the 3rd tower of their New City Complex, and am curious to see if they've found enough buyers to add a 4th tower. I believe they are 30 stories tall! It's nice to see the towers looking out from Revolution Avenue, adds a nice urban touch!

Would be curious to see what their views are from those towers looking north? With a flat landscape, perhaps they can see downtown San Diego! I've been up on the highest hills there and you get a knockout view looking North!

Would like to know something about the buyers. How many buyers from San Diego and buyers from Tijuana or elsewhere? Wouldn't surprise me if there's some more adventuresome seniors that spotted it out as a retirement place. Best of both worlds. On Medicare, which is not accepted in Mexico, need medical care? Just walk to the Border and head for Kaiser or wherever!
Whatever happened to that Duty-Free project proposed in San Ysidro back in 2014? I assume its dead. For a building that's mostly a parking garage, it looked pretty cool.

Article

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:42 PM
It could be worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
No doubt that there's poor planning on both sides of the border. Can't speak for TJ, but SD has made some recent baby steps. On the same day as the California Theatre vote the city unanimously approved the Otay Mesa Central Village Specific Plan. I think it's supposed to be around 4000 homes:

Quote:
M.W. Steele is currently the master planner/ designer for a Specific Plan for 227 acres in the southernmost community of the City of San Diego.

The Central Village Specific Plan is a mixed-use urban village in the Otay Mesa Community developed around a neighborhood school, parks and a connecting “green street.”

It is planned as a highly walkable, compact design with bicycle facilities and BRT Transit. A mix of housing product types will ranges from 2-story townhomes to four-story “wrap” buildings.

We identified community-serving retail at two “pulse points” and gateways into the village, creating a Main Street experience.

With more than a 2 miles of active trails around dedicated open space and canyon preserve areas, the Otay Central Village will connect to the natural canyons and sweeping views that surround it.

http://www.mwsteele.com/otaycentralspecificplan

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 10:33 PM

I was just at the Sharp Hospital near Otay. I saw a lot of construction from the top of the parking structure as well as some construction at the hospital itself. I asked a RN about it and she mentioned a 7 story building was being built which will house a cafeteria on the top floor with panoramic views.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 7:12 AM

Good news! Good news!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 7:08 AM

Wow, this project wants to jump 30 stories.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemamma View Post

That is a major improvement over the current 6 story box that they have planned!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemamma View Post
Thank GOD.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 8:24 PM
It could be worse!

Here's a draft for the Morena Corridor Specific Plan:
https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/defau.../pc-17-034.pdf

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Here's a draft for the Morena Corridor Specific Plan:
https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/defau.../pc-17-034.pdf
This is project is good, I guess.

However, I still find it difficult to understand why the MTS ignores destinations like our AIRPORT, city beaches, and dense neighborhood core.

Who exactly is going to use the Clairemont Mesa Blvd stop? What is the MTS smoking and can I have some?

Linda Vista will now have 2 trolley stops within 3600 feet of each other? I must be missing something. Bay Park residences have created coalitions of NIMBYs to fight things like this meanwhile communities that would embrace and celebrate it are left out.

Who knows.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northparkwizard View Post
This is project is good, I guess.

However, I still find it difficult to understand why the MTS ignores destinations like our AIRPORT, city beaches, and dense neighborhood core.

Who exactly is going to use the Clairemont Mesa Blvd stop? What is the MTS smoking and can I have some?

Linda Vista will now have 2 trolley stops within 3600 feet of each other? I must be missing something. Bay Park residences have created coalitions of NIMBYs to fight things like this meanwhile communities that would embrace and celebrate it are left out.

Who knows.
Completely agree.. we need rail going through neighborhoods surrounding balboa park

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations