HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 26, 2019, 11:24 PM

I went by Point of the Mountain today and grabbed a few shots of some of buildings. There are a lot of other 5-6 story buildings but I didn't take pics of those.

Anyone know what this first building will be? Any specific company?

This is actually two buildings. WeWork and then Pattern and Rain Focus in the back.

The Oracle building is a few years old but still wanted to snag a pic.

Last edited by UV4EVER; May 26, 2019 at 11:47 PM.

Old Posted May 27, 2019, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-15 View Post
I worked on Tooele County's transportation plan and everything we heard is that the Tooele valley has very poor water resources, water will always be a limiting factor to growth, and you will likely never see it develop like the rest of the Wasatch Front.

They did look at extending 201 west around the lake point to run parallel to I-80 into Tooele Valley as another possible transportation option to get into the valley, as well as some kind of improved road From Tooele up Middle Canyon to connect to Butterfield Canyon and Herriman, but I highly doubt the second option will ever happen.

I agree that Cedar Valley and especially southern Utah valley (west of SF, Payson) is where you'll really see the most growth over the next 20-30 years.

I-15, Could you expound on your comments about Tooele Valley and water issues a little more? I'm seriously interested. I know your familiar with L.A. Much of Los Angeles as you know brings the water in from afar. Is that basically what would have to happen with a metro Tooele, and at what point of the population would it become necessary? Tooele has been growing rapidly as an alternative to Salt Lake Valley. It already has about 70,000 people and shows no sign of significant slowing.

Plans are underway to pipe water over to St. George metro from Lake Powell. It will be expensive to build the pipeline, but they have no choice if St. George is to continue to develop as it has these past few years.

Old Posted May 27, 2019, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
I-15, Could you expound on your comments about Tooele Valley and water issues a little more? I'm seriously interested. I know your familiar with L.A. Much of Los Angeles as you know brings the water in from afar. Is that basically what would have to happen with a metro Tooele, and at what point of the population would it become necessary? Tooele has been growing rapidly as an alternative to Salt Lake Valley. It already has about 70,000 people and shows no sign of significant slowing.

Plans are underway to pipe water over to St. George metro from Lake Powell. It will be expensive to build the pipeline, but they have no choice if St. George is to continue to develop as it has these past few years.
I think we already pipe all available water from Central Utah into the Wasatch Front. I'm not sure where water would come from for Tooele.

Old Posted May 27, 2019, 2:35 AM

That's what I was wondering? At what point will Tooele have to bring in water and from where? Would it come from out of State, say the north?

Old Posted May 28, 2019, 11:22 AM

LDS Church to demolish five buildings at Provo MTC, replace with plaza garden, statuary and quiet study places

After 40 years of slump block classrooms, dank dormitory buildings and faulty heating and air conditioning systems, remnants of the 1978 Provo Missionary Training Center are coming down.

“The church is planning to demolish five buildings in the center of the Provo Missionary Training Center complex and replace them with open spaces and study areas,” said Daniel Woodruff, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. “These buildings are older and have not been in use since the new training buildings were completed in 2017.”

Woodruff said the demolition is expected to begin in the summer...

The LDS Church will demolish five building in the upper left of this aerial shot, and replace the buildings with new parkland and study areas. Courtesy Intellectual Properties

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 3:55 PM

Ag vs development: Spanish Fork mulls transfer of development rights to preserve Riverbottoms

Katie England, Daily Herald - https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...f9307b7be.html

Old Posted Jun 8, 2019, 4:22 PM

I saw this new CNBC clip on McKinsey yesterday and noticed it has at least 3 clips of Provo in it! Pretty nice clips that look like they were filmed at the Utah Valley Convention Center.

Full Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBmm...ature=youtu.be

Provo shot 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBmm...youtu.be&t=250

Provo shot 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBmm...youtu.be&t=265

Provo shot 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBmm...youtu.be&t=328

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West