HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 4:38 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

The gravel is already being cleared up. It's just taking a long time because of the intermittent snowfalls that interrupt.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
ha... that would be the day here
you ain't kidding !!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 2:48 AM

Beautiful day for a bike ride in the country.
Riding along watching life come back to the fields, avoid the dead dear, Enjoy the warm temperature, avoid the dead cat, a nice warm breeze, avoid another dead deer. and a nice strong tale wind coming home, avoid the broken beer bottles. Ahhhh spring riding.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 4:21 PM
Urban Advocate

What are some of the best roads in Edmonton (and surrounding country roads too) for road biking? Any good routes mapped out from some biking clubs?
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onishenko View Post
What are some of the best roads in Edmonton (and surrounding country roads too) for road biking? Any good routes mapped out from some biking clubs?
One I use is 633 out of St Albert heading up the Calahoo hills area. Heading out the first 16k are relatively flat then after Villenueve airport you start to climb for the next 10 or so k.You can park in the Walmart parking lot. Another is Garden Valley Road ( 779 or 628 are good ones) out toward Stoney.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 4:36 PM
HVAC guru

how far do you want to go ?

I know lots of good rides (both mountain and road) in the city and out. My favorites are my city road bike tour, the River Valley mountain bike ride from Rundle to Terwillegar, & the ride around Pigeon lake

Sherwood Park to Tofield is nice too

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 5:26 PM
Urban Advocate

^^
Yeah, That would be nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
how far do you want to go ?

I know lots of good rides (both mountain and road) in the city and out. My favorites are my city road bike tour, the River Valley mountain bike ride from Rundle to Terwillegar, & the ride around Pigeon lake

Sherwood Park to Tofield is nice too
Not sure. I'm still living out in Ontario, but thinking about starting to get into road biking and seeing what options exist out in Edmonton. I'll have to consult you if we decide to move back out west.
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 5:27 PM
Urban Advocate

double post

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton