HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deguzman10 View Post
We recently talked about this project if you scroll up you’ll find that it’s 301 Broadway. Kolokotronis is building a 4 story apartment project there.
Thanks, I missed that.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 4:19 PM

It’s the Broadway self storage facility that was proposed a while back. The SKK mixed use was only proposed in March, so it wouldn’t be to the point of vertical construction yet. However, SKK is grading for that project, so it should be going up in the coming months... as long as the market holds.

*Note: Both projects will be on the same parcel: The storage facility being on the northern portion and the mixed use being on the southern portion.

Last edited by snfenoc; Oct 29, 2018 at 4:47 PM.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 7:08 PM

Bay Miry

According to the Biz Journal, Bay Miry will be leaving D&S and starting up his own firm. Any thoughts on how/if this will impact developments/projects in the central city?

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...source=twitter

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 1:10 AM

Bay Miry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachornet View Post
According to the Biz Journal, Bay Miry will be leaving D&S and starting up his own firm. Any thoughts on how/if this will impact developments/projects in the central city?

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...source=twitter
I think that the separation of Bay from his father is great. I know he and his father were a great team, but from the looks of the article it appears that Miry and his wife Kate Bardis of Bardis Homes will be working together. So in conclusion it appears that now there are going to be 3 big development companies that have Miry ties: D&S, Miry Development, and Bardis. That will mean more projects and more ties to help secure funding and strength of the developments.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 4:26 PM

Did you guys see some of the conceptual renderings for the new I Street bridge released yesterday?

http://www.sactownmag.com/Blog/2018/...ramento-River/

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 9:37 PM
Sonoma Strong

Yes, I like the arch design the best. Really hoping they go with that one!

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 3:07 AM

Construction on Broadway

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 3:10 AM

Obviously all those designs for the bridge are preliminary and I’m not sure I like any of them. Waiting for the more realistic and refined designs. I’m wondering if the old I Street Bridge is going remain? I hope so.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 3:43 AM
Sonoma Strong

I think I read somewhere they are going to keep the current bridge for rail only.

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanquest View Post
Thanks for the photo! What project is this?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 4:37 PM

^^^ I assume that's Sotiris Kolokotronis housing project- 59-unit apartment building at Broadway and 3rd St.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay View Post
I think I read somewhere they are going to keep the current bridge for rail only.
OK thanks. I know originally they were going to build a new railroad bridge north of the I Street Bridge and turn the existing I street into an auto (upper) and pedestrian (lower) bridge and build a new wider auto bridge across the Sacramento River at Richards Blvd. I guess those plans have been scraped.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Yes, I like the arch design the best. Really hoping they go with that one!
All of the design concepts are bad. BUT if they had to pick, the arch is what I envision.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 5:44 PM

Sacramento Zoo

BREAKING NEWS:

According to CBS 13 the new Sacramento Zoo will go in Natomas in the Sleep Train Arena site!!! The renderings and site map can be found on their Twitter!!! They also have an article on the new zoo found below.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...-move-natomas/

I think that this is a fantastic choice for the new zoo and will invigorate the Natomas area and add something to do other than shop. The video and article states that the zoo size will expand from 14 acres to 180 ACRES, 13 times bigger than the current zoo. The attendance in a year could reach 1 million visitors according to the video.

The Director Jason Jacobs says that the Zoo is halfway between the Airport and Downtown and can help jumpstart the Green Line that has been proposed for decades. The site will also contain a hotel, nature walks, and larger animals like hippos, lions, elephants, etc.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by j_deguzman10; Nov 3, 2018 at 5:54 PM.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 10:49 PM

According to a pretty good source, the project going up on Broadway is NOT the SKK residential building; it’s the self storage facility that was proposed a few years back. The self storage building should be on the northern half of the parcel, and the SKK residential building is planned for the southern half of the same parcel. The SKK project was only proposed in March, so I don’t think it would be that far along at this point. Additionally, I don’t think the apartment building would be steel-framed. (Usually, 4-8 story housing projects are wood framed with a concrete podium.)

Also, according to the source, they are doing site work (grading) for the SSK mixed use. So that’s some good news - they’re at least moving forward with the project.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deguzman10 View Post
BREAKING NEWS:

According to CBS 13 the new Sacramento Zoo will go in Natomas in the Sleep Train Arena site!!! The renderings and site map can be found on their Twitter!!! They also have an article on the new zoo found below.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...-move-natomas/

I think that this is a fantastic choice for the new zoo and will invigorate the Natomas area and add something to do other than shop. The video and article states that the zoo size will expand from 14 acres to 180 ACRES, 13 times bigger than the current zoo. The attendance in a year could reach 1 million visitors according to the video.

The Director Jason Jacobs says that the Zoo is halfway between the Airport and Downtown and can help jumpstart the Green Line that has been proposed for decades. The site will also contain a hotel, nature walks, and larger animals like hippos, lions, elephants, etc.

What do you guys think?
Great idea and place for a world class zoo.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
According to a pretty good source, the project going up on Broadway is NOT the SKK residential building; it’s the self storage facility that was proposed a few years back. The self storage building should be on the northern half of the parcel, and the SKK residential building is planned for the southern half of the same parcel. The SKK project was only proposed in March, so I don’t think it would be that far along at this point. Additionally, I don’t think the apartment building would be steel-framed. (Usually, 4-8 story housing projects are wood framed with a concrete podium.)

Also, according to the source, they are doing site work (grading) for the SSK mixed use. So that’s some good news - they’re at least moving forward with the project.

I wish they did use steel frames in 4 story apartment buildings.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 5:25 PM

Quote:
rail will remain on the lower portion of the existing bridge. There's been talk of keeping the upper deck as pedestrian only (the city has referenced something like the highline in NYC). The auto on and off ramps approaching the bridge will be torn down, opening that land for development.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2018, 9:38 PM

Eastern Star Building

Plans have been submitted to the city to convert the Eastern Star Building on 27th and K to a 133 room Hyatt House Hotel.

https://twitter.com/benvsacbiz/statu...69304665395200

Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachornet View Post
Plans have been submitted to the city to convert the Eastern Star Building on 27th and K to a 133 room Hyatt House Hotel.

https://twitter.com/benvsacbiz/statu...69304665395200
Additional information from the Sacbee on this proposal: https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...221307845.html

Also, some additional photos of projects around the city:
https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...lders-are.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area