HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 3:47 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Am I the only one that likes the current design?

I like the design but wish the crown would cover the entire roof. It’s like the buildings facing Capital Mall turns it’s back on the G1C/DOCO.

But i wont complain if it gets built. If....

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 3:54 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
All they need to do is to turn on the big water fountain
And water the grass in the median

It’s a modest design and I understand what they want to accomplish but its just going to be a place for the homeless to pitch tents.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 11:41 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Also, this appears to have a lit crown. Perhaps it's just a poor rendering

Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 3:41 PM

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/v...pill%20box.jpg

I the Metropolitan ever going to get built ?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatone82 View Post

Kolokotronis is the head of the project now because Saca could not secure funding. They are supposed to come out with new project renderings by year’s end hopefully but it is VERY likely that the 40 story project proposed by Saca originally and is the image you provided is dead; Kolokotronis is doing a 250 apartment and 200 key hotel (could be the other way around) project with Saca as the replacement project. Odds are it’ll be around the same height as Mohanna’s proposed 10K project, which is a similar project in the works for next year.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 7:55 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:

Not in its present configuration. It will likely need to be more in scale with what they can safely obtain financing for (which is not the current proposal).

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deguzman10 View Post
Kolokotronis is the head of the project now because Saca could not secure funding. They are supposed to come out with new project renderings by year’s end hopefully but it is VERY likely that the 40 story project proposed by Saca originally and is the image you provided is dead; Kolokotronis is doing a 250 apartment and 200 key hotel (could be the other way around) project with Saca as the replacement project. Odds are it’ll be around the same height as Mohanna’s proposed 10K project, which is a similar project in the works for next year.
So we are talking like 10-12 stories high?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Am I the only one that likes the current design?
I really like it too and man if this one goes plus the 33 floor one near the river plus the others that are already going skyward, Sacramento's going to have an awesome skyline!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 4:15 AM

Quote:
So we are talking like 10-12 stories high?
Personally I expect 15-20 stories but it all depends on the hotel chosen for the site and the makeup of the apartment sizes (condos, studios, one bedroom, etc).

Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 4:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleScott View Post
I really like it too and man if this one goes plus the 33 floor one near the river plus the others that are already going skyward, Sacramento's going to have an awesome skyline!
I like the glass movement in Sacramento now that Tower301 has a decent chance of getting built and P & O Streets are going up there will be a lot of great glass buildings in the city.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 6:27 PM

Hey just noticing a tall thin spire like tower to the right Vanir tower-northeast of downtown just west of the Diamond Walnut packing plant. Man it looks gorgeous and would enhance the skyline.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2018, 12:10 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Also, this appears to have a lit crown. Perhaps it's just a poor rendering

If this is the “new” proposal it really doesn’t look much different from the first except for the tenant mix of hotel, condo and office.

Anybody know how the Sawyer has done with condo sales?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2018, 12:44 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post
If this is the “new” proposal it really doesn’t look much different from the first except for the tenant mix of hotel, condo and office.

Anybody know how the Sawyer has done with condo sales?
This is the old rendering. And my point is I think it looked great. Although some here didn’t agree

Old Posted Nov 26, 2018, 5:21 AM

Quote:
I like the new design as well! Certainly beats the previous design!! I really do hope this tower gets built, would be an amazing addition to Sacramento's skyline. In addition to the new Resources Tower, and the proposed Vanir Tower and new county courthouse, these are going to be great additions to the skyline.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2018, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Hey just noticing a tall thin spire like tower to the right Vanir tower-northeast of downtown just west of the Diamond Walnut packing plant. Man it looks gorgeous and would enhance the skyline.
If I'm not mistaken, that's the already existing KCRA broadcasting antenna. That's right where the station is located.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2018, 9:16 PM

^ Oh ok thanks SacTownAndy.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 2:14 AM

Today I saw gates around capitol towers on the 5th street side. Are they finally going to start phase 1

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb90 View Post
Today I saw gates around capitol towers on the 5th street side. Are they finally going to start phase 1
Sounds intriguing but it seems unusual that there was no media coverage on this; surely one of the local media would have reported this and the eviction of the residents in the old buildings.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 4:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deguzman10 View Post
Sounds intriguing but it seems unusual that there was no media coverage on this; surely one of the local media would have reported this and the eviction of the residents in the old buildings.
That's what I would have thought. Now thinking back when I walk through that part of the villas it did seem like they were empty. Nothing on the patios at all.
Also I remember reading that permits were pulled for that site sometime in the early summer.
I could be totally wrong but I got excited seeing the fences. I will check about the building permits tomorrow

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 6:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb90 View Post
That's what I would have thought. Now thinking back when I walk through that part of the villas it did seem like they were empty. Nothing on the patios at all.
Also I remember reading that permits were pulled for that site sometime in the early summer.
I could be totally wrong but I got excited seeing the fences. I will check about the building permits tomorrow
Permits were pulled? I thought they said that they are starting construction now, without permits they can't build yeah?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area