HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 2:18 AM
Majestic

Sometimes that Hail Mary works. Buh-bye, Hamilton.

Flickr

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 2:19 AM

Stamps win, but the Ticats sure made it interesting... I wasn't expecting that one to come down to a FG with no time left. I only watched the last few minutes but it appears that the Stamps played that one while on cruise control.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 2:21 AM

God, that was greasy. Calgary snuck away with a win but they looked awful all night.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 2:23 AM
Majestic

Only caught the last half myself. Dang 5 o'clock games.

Flickr

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 5:07 AM
Majestic

Impressive last minute drive by the RedBlacks.

Flickr

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris2k7 View Post
Impressive last minute drive by the RedBlacks.
Finally, some luck on our side. Home playoff game guaranteed. Tough game for Trevor Harris until the last few minutes but nobody should assume an easy win against the RedBlacks in the playoffs.

Great night for Ottawa sports fans after this unexpected comeback in the last few minutes and the 6-0 win by the Senators over the Flames.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 1:33 AM

Winnipeg D and special teams stepped up to win one for the Bombers... it was a little disconcerting to see the Bombers have trouble moving the ball against a somewhat sluggish Lions team, but I'm glad they were able to grind it out against BC.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 2:32 AM

Esks got a little lucky tonight.

Brandon Zylstra! Jesus.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
Esks got a little lucky tonight.

Brandon Zylstra! Jesus.
We made it to the dance! Yet to be determined if we go crossover or not but either way we're in!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 1:57 PM

Awful news for the mighty Blue Bombers... CB Moe Leggett went down late in the game vs. BC, and now his Achilles will keep him out for the rest of the season. He's the two time team nominee for most outstanding defensive player, so that is a huge loss.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 5:36 PM

Some good games in week 17 but aside from the Stamps-Riders game this week it's a pretty dismal lineup of games for week 18. I wonder who will have the worst attendance this week between Montreal, Toronto and BC. My money is on the reigning loser Toronto, but my God who the hell is going to see that Hamilton-Montreal game aside from friends and family. Yikes.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthumb2 View Post
Some good games in week 17 but aside from the Stamps-Riders game this week it's a pretty dismal lineup of games for week 18. I wonder who will have the worst attendance this week between Montreal, Toronto and BC. My money is on the reigning loser Toronto, but my God who the hell is going to see that Hamilton-Montreal game aside from friends and family. Yikes.
There are some seasons where things run right down to the wire, but this sure isn't one of them. It doesn't look like the final 3 weeks of the season are going to be all that engrossing, although I'll certainly be watching and hoping the Bombers can sew up 2nd place in the west.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 7:28 PM

^ I'm hoping that the Bombers secure second and the Eskimos crossover to allow a playoff Banjo bowl!

Interesting read here that the reason Braley hasn't sold the Lions as of yet is because of the possible pending Arland Bruce lawsuit.

http://www.tsn.ca/braley-doesn-t-exp...-year-1.887505

No wonder the Lions are fading on and off the field fast with an un-invested owner acting as president 4,000 km away.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 7:33 PM

^ It's funny, back in the late 90s and 00s Braley did an awful lot to breathe life into that franchise. The fanbase was reinvigorated and the team was doing well. But for the past couple of years the Lions have been floundering and are starting to look like the Argos did for the last few years Braley owned them too... it's like all the work of his first decade of ownership has been undone.

But as for the Bombers, I hope they can just beat Toronto and then rest everybody for the last two weeks of the season.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 7:43 PM

The Redblacks will take a game off their hands as they could possibly have 3 byes in the next 4 weeks, schedule is as an utter disgrace.

A seemingly easy solution would be that each team has a bye in both the first and second nine weeks being no closer than 4 weeks or farther that 16 weeks from each other. I just made those periods up, could be more or less.

Last edited by 25grapes; Oct 17, 2017 at 8:05 PM.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25grapes View Post
The Redblacks will take a game off their hands as they could possibly have 3 byes in the next 4 weeks, schedule is as an utter disgrace.

A seemingly easy solution would be that each team has a bye in both the first and second nine weeks being no closer than 4 weeks or farther that 16 weeks from each other. I just made those periods up, could be more or less.
The Redblacks complained about the schedule as soon as it was released. In the past, it always seemed that there was a bye in the first half and a bye in the second half of the season but not this year. I don't know why. And then they also faced a cluster of 4 games in a ridiculous short timeframe earlier in the season.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 3:33 PM

^ Ya 4 games in 17 days, now they could have 1 game in 36 days.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 8:57 PM

Quote:
^ I'm hoping that the Bombers secure second and the Eskimos crossover to allow a playoff Banjo bowl!

Interesting read here that the reason Braley hasn't sold the Lions as of yet is because of the possible pending Arland Bruce lawsuit.

http://www.tsn.ca/braley-doesn-t-exp...-year-1.887505

No wonder the Lions are fading on and off the field fast with an un-invested owner acting as president 4,000 km away.
Yet he said earlier this year that the team would be sold in months... and at the time he said that he knew their was a lawsuit in progress against the league.

Apparently the price is a sticking point as Braley wants $20 million while (one of) the prospective ownership groups is offering around $15 million. Given the dwindling crowds the past 3 years and the fact the Lions receive no revenue from concessions and concerts I think the Lions are worth the lesser of the above amounts. Braley is stubborn though so who know what the final price will be?

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 8:58 PM

Quote:

there will be 3 bye weeks next year so that should help with the questionable scheduling.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 6:22 PM

Duron Carter will apparently be playing both on offence and defence on Friday, this should be entertaining.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada