HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Mar 30, 2011, 9:12 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^not at all. I enjoy learning the details!

Assuming you are depicted in your avatar, you look older than you sound on the commercial (maybe its because of the bantering father/son dialogue, but you sound like you are about 22 in the radio spots).

Last edited by MolsonExport; Mar 31, 2011 at 4:00 PM.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 12:25 AM

@ME - Maybe Crazy Al's is also reading these forums. Heard a new Crazy Al's commercial today with no morse code!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 3:57 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^never thought that would be possible. I cannot overstate how much I hate those morse-code commercials. My arm flies out at the speed of light to squelch the message.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 3:14 PM

Pizza Pizza's latest commercials, both on radio and TV only sings part of the phone number...

(silence) 11-11 Pizza Pizza (silence) 11-11!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 4:32 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^well, the badness of the commercial matches that of the product.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
^well, the badness of the commercial matches that of the product.
I find Pizza Pizza franchises are very inconsistent with both product quality and service quality.

The worst one by far is at King's University College, operated by Aramark. Routinely the pizza has been sitting out for two hours and is dried out and cold. The service always was awful too - if you came at 10:59am (when the pizza was actually fresh), the pizza would be sitting there ready to be served, the employee would be standing there ready to serve...and she would tell everyone she cannot serve pizza until "Eleven o'clock, on the dot!" Even when the pizza was fresh, the toppings were always clumped in the middle of each slice. I think head office would be horrified at the condition of that franchise.

I've also been to one in Kingston where the staff didn't understand basic English, including words associated with pizza. Trying to order a pizza there was next to impossible.

On the bright side, I've always found the one at Hyde Park and Oxford to have always been good quality and good service. Fanshawe College has a good one too, although they do the topping-clumping-in-the-middle thing too.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2011, 5:50 AM

Found this gem on Youtube, from 1986:

Video Link

A quarter century later, and they still have the same slogan, read by the same guy!

Old Posted Jun 25, 2011, 5:50 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

^Wow! What a great find!

Gotta get out there to get me one of them fancy new VCR's, or a ghetto blaster, or maybe a portable video camera!

Old Posted Jun 25, 2011, 7:56 PM
User Registered

Hahaha they don't make commercials like they used to.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Jun 27, 2011, 12:53 PM
The Vomit Bag.

The competition in London knows us; you should too. Wonder if the merchandise is as old as the slogan/spokesperson. Being strathroy, you never know.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2011, 12:57 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
I find Pizza Pizza franchises are very inconsistent with both product quality and service quality.

I've also been to one in Kingston where the staff didn't understand basic English, including words associated with pizza. Trying to order a pizza there was next to impossible.

Same thing here at the Sherwood forest mall location. "what we have here is a failure...to communicate". In person, I tried to order a large pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and green peppers. I tried, and failed.

The pizza sucks there anyhow. I mean, get it right; it is your signature product. If the pizza sucks, I wonder how lousy the pasta/salads/etc. must taste.

Papa Johns is my favourite chain pizza. Silver medal goes to Flying Tomato.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2011, 3:35 AM

Remember, FM96 is watching you, so nooooooooo gimmies!

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 5:59 PM

He's back...

Ray! Ray! Ray! Ray Cullen Chevrolet!

Old Posted Dec 26, 2011, 7:41 PM

Heard today on FM96...

Noah Tepperman talking over the Strathroy Audio Video guy. Both commercials airing at once.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2011, 9:33 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Hi Dad...The competition in London knows us...family to family....you should too!

Old Posted Dec 29, 2011, 4:36 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
He's back...

Ray! Ray! Ray! Ray Cullen Chevrolet!
Haha. Never gets old. At some point in the jingle, they mention the word "Oldsmobile". Ten years after that brand was dustbinned.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2011, 4:39 PM
The Vomit Bag.

What's the deal with 97.5 Easy Rock? It is a long way from being "Easy Rock"...just contemporary chart favorites (All of which suck).

Old Posted Dec 29, 2011, 6:18 PM

Quote:
What's the deal with 97.5 Easy Rock? It is a long way from being "Easy Rock"...just contemporary chart favorites (All of which suck).
I would not be surprised to see that station become "Boom 97.5" in the new year, with their sister station Oldies 1410 becoming an all-comedy station. The EZ Rock stations in Toronto and Ottawa already have become Boom stations, with an oldies format.

It is worth noting that the Internet domain name boom975.com was registered by Astral Media, which owns 97.5 in London, on May 13, 2011.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 5:37 AM

Quote:
I guess that's because it's easy to ignore and forget.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 10:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I guess all us older fogies are switching to XM/Sirius and/or just streaming and/or playing tunes off of the ipod.

I loathe today's "music".

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation