HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:11 AM

Thanks for sharing the link.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Nothing new about needing numbers in the rear. I remember that being a bylaw 50 years ago, I guess the city is getting back around to enforce it.

Maybe back then it was required more as a number of residents had oil heat and the driver needed to know the address off the backlane for deliveries.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
Nothing new about needing numbers in the rear. I remember that being a bylaw 50 years ago, I guess the city is getting back around to enforce it.

Maybe back then it was required more as a number of residents had oil heat and the driver needed to know the address off the backlane for deliveries.
Makes sense. From time to time, I've had to go to someones home and told to park in the back and if you dont know exactly which one it is, you're kinda counting houses to get the right one.

Old Posted Today, 12:28 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
New fine in the city? It’s the first time I’ve heard of this... but homeowners in the north end are being fined $200 for not having their street address on the back of the house. Wow.
not new at all old by law cities fed up with trying to get people to do it. they actualy funded puting numbers up on fences and garages a number of yrs back and people were removing them...

example of why the numbers are needed
https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ou...100451019.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan