HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 3:29 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUPio View Post
What about the northern corner of 19th and Chestnut that doesn't appear to be part of the article? Is that not going to be developed?
Focus Property Group appears to be selling part of the parcel and holding on to the choice corner lot for a future development.

Micro-housing makes sense. That parcel is only desirable because it's in the Union Station neighborhood, other than that it doesn't have a ton going for it.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 5:21 PM

seems like a waisted opportunity to me...that's a large property.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
That parcel is only desirable because it's in the Union Station neighborhood, other than that it doesn't have a ton going for it.
I thought land (for the purpose of real estate development) was typically only desirable due to its location. That's like saying "this hotdog is only delicious because it contains juicy mystery meat between two buns with ketchup and relish. Otherwise, it doesn't have much going for it."

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 9:04 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
I thought land (for the purpose of real estate development) was typically only desirable due to its location. That's like saying "this hotdog is only delicious because it contains juicy mystery meat between two buns with ketchup and relish. Otherwise, it doesn't have much going for it."
Location is that it's in the Union Station neighborhood. But there's also location in that it's on a cul-de-sac and is stuck between a rail line, easement for the substation access, and a sub-station. So IMO is the least desirable location in a desirable location.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Last edited by wong21fr; Oct 3, 2018 at 9:53 PM.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 9:47 PM

Got it! So it's like a vegan hot dog. (I only understand real estate using hot dog analogies.)

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 9:54 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Got it! So it's like a vegan hot dog. (I only understand real estate using hot dog analogies.)
Or a turkey dog.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 2:54 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 3:24 AM

The only thing I need to know about hot dogs is that it's Rocktober so get your hot dogs while you can.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 4:22 PM

Some interesting concept plan reviews submitted to Denver over the last week or so:

At Broadway Marketplace (near Alameda Station):

Quote:
Phased Commercial Development Phase 1A - 8 Story Office Building with approximately 250,000 SF of Office, 12,000SF of Retail Space and 422 below grade parking spaces. Full Build - Five 8 Story Office Buildings with approximately 891,000 SF of Office, 47,000SF of Retail and 1,280 below grade parking spaces.
At Broadway Station:

Quote:
A proposed mixed-use development located on two parcels within Broadway Station Filing No. 1 (Lot 1, Block 6; Lot 2, Block 6). Parcels E & F will consist of one building that is 7 stories, connected by a below grade parking garage. The building on Parcels E & F will include approximately 359 residential units, a proposed 40,000 gsf urban grocer, 10,000 gsf of additional retail, 5,400 gsf of commercial space, and 220,000 gsf of structured parking (532 parking spaces provided).
In RiNo:

Quote:
A mixed-use, 12-story, 500,000sf building is proposed on the west side of Brighton Boulevard between 33rd and 34th Streets. The building will have a single level below grade parking garage with 3 levels above grade. The ground floor level will have retail space and lobbies for residential and office uses within the building. Floors 4-6 are anticipated to be office space with floors 7-12 being for rent residential.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 4:51 PM

Does anyone know what's going on with the public housing project in Curtis Park at Stout and 30th? It's been fenced off for over a month. Not sure if DHA is simply renovating the interiors, or building something new from scratch.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 4:55 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

That's a whole lot of office space at Broadway Marketplace. I would have thought there would be more residential mixed in there.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 5:22 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
That's a whole lot of office space at Broadway Marketplace. I would have thought there would be more residential mixed in there.
Pish posh. It's only 2/3's of a Republic Plaza.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 5:30 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
Does anyone know what's going on with the public housing project in Curtis Park at Stout and 30th? It's been fenced off for over a month. Not sure if DHA is simply renovating the interiors, or building something new from scratch.
It's being totally renovated for 2/3's and the remaining 1/3 will be torn down with some market rate single-family housing taking it's place.

Here's an article on it:

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...es-2018-09.pdf

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 6:42 PM

D4 Urban has some preliminary renderings. Just to give you some ideas.

http://d4urban.com/portfolio/601-south-bannock/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 6:59 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

I guess I didn't realize how big Broadway Marketplace is. I was thinking these were on the surface lots by Safeway, Ace, etc.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:13 PM

These maps also help put it in context:

when looking at this:

http://d4urban.com/portfolio/broadway-park/

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:21 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
D4 Urban has some preliminary renderings. Just to give you some ideas.

http://d4urban.com/portfolio/601-south-bannock/
There's some other good stuff on the site as well- NW District in particular.

http://d4urban.com/portfolio/ne-dist...broadway-park/

Looks like another 600 or so units and almost 40,000 sq ft of retail coming to the site of the old K-Mart. This is in addition to the ~400 units that are already U/C there.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 7:48 PM

That's a massive development. I wonder what the parking ratio will be on those apartments...

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
It's being totally renovated for 2/3's and the remaining 1/3 will be torn down with some market rate single-family housing taking it's place.

Here's an article on it:

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...es-2018-09.pdf
Helpful, thanks!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 9:19 PM

*sighs*

I’m in town and walking past 15th and stout you can see the facade going on the new hotel.

The absolute cheapest shit materials you could imagine. It’s a much taller version of the aloft hotel disaster across the street. This corner is just disgusting which is crazy for such a prominent part of the city.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West