HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 7:09 PM

https://www.designquarterwinnipeg.ca/portage-main

It may have already been shared here, but note some studies that seem, well, more for than against the opening.

And how is this still a topic? If any impartial arbitration were involved the argument for opening the intersection would have won decades ago.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windypeg View Post
Didn't those leaks come from the transit union? I would take it with a large grain of salt considering unions tend to trump up anything they can to argue for more hiring and/or more pay. Hell even the police union is jumping on the "keep it closed" bandwagon saying it's a bad use of money which is a laugh riot considering the cops have been on a spending binge for 20 years.
Yup. It blows my mind that anytime a transit-related issue comes up, generally unrelated to employee benefits and wellbeing, the union is always the loudest in the media while often Transit and the City don't even say anything. It's getting out of hand.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Yup. It blows my mind that anytime a transit-related issue comes up, generally unrelated to employee benefits and wellbeing, the union is always the loudest in the media while often Transit and the City don't even say anything. It's getting out of hand.
The transit union has become pretty belligerent lately. I get that transit drivers have tough jobs and a raw deal compared to some other groups of city employees, but they are going a bit too far and generating a lot of bad press for transit generally. I don't think it serves their members very well if their boss turns more and more people off the idea of riding the bus.

You make a good point though, the city and WT let the ATU's comments stand unchallenged. I know they don't necessarily want to pick a fight with the union, but they might want to do a better job of setting the record straight.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan