HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
I'm not really sure how this can be said to be remotely possible.

The realities of neurology should be a central part of any political discussion.

I'd love to say it's part of the mental health stigma but it really goes far beyond that.

It's a popularly held dismissal of neuroscience.

This topic isn't going anywhere.

Jordan B Peterson is a Canada psychologist at the pinnacle of this issue.

They are actually trying to charge him with a hate crime for not bowing down to thought policing being exercised by radical socialmarxist student groups.

It's actually hilarious because if you take the time to actually see what he's actually about it's hilarious how moderately conservative he is.

He annihilates the socail marxist with one hand and with the other provides an endless list of left wing arguments for free.

Here's what "his hate speech arguments" sound like.

Here's his "railing on islam"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpv4ns52pJo
You are a laugh riot you know that? The way you go on and on about Cultural marxism reminds me of a 4chan poster on /pol, you lose a LOT of credibility when you spew such loaded statements while claiming the higher ground on this website.

I don't know what it is with you but You seemed to have changed the minute Trump won the US election and a LOT of people have called out your BS or have been too afraid to.

Well I will.

1) Gender dysphoria is a real condition and what the schools are asking is reasonable and it respects the wishes of the students afflicted by it. Is it THAT hard to use male or female or neither pronouns when requested? Is it seriously THAT hard to respect your students wishes? After all if you continue to misgender the individual or deadname them after the request, than yes that DOES constitute discrimination and bullying and the teacher DOES deserve to be reprehended for his or her actions.
2) Cultural Marxism makes literally no sense, have you read any Marx at all? Cultural Marxism if it did exist would be cultural anti capitalist rhetoric, not anti Liberal anti free speech rhetoric which you claim to rail against, Call it what it is, thought crime.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 10:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcasey25raptor View Post

I don't know what it is with you but You seemed to have changed the minute Trump won the US election and a LOT of people have called out your BS or have been too afraid to.
I may admit there may be times when my defence of trump may be a little bit biased/obsessive. But don't go pretending I'm something I'm not.

I'm not a member of the all right. I'm also made it clear that I don't agree with trump on a number of things, and that overall I know my cohort of autistic people will suffer because of his government. However I feel that at the time he was elected he was the better choice for building a longer term society. If I'd made any long term change that isn't just an idea of the week type thinking, it's simply I refuse to be coerced with a set of politics that I don't agree with.

I despise social justice nonsense and Ironically it is because I'm not afraid to speak my mind, that it seems like I'm one of the few.

The reality is a lot of people agree with certain aspects of what I'm saying.

Rarely do the agree will all but I generally think I support things that various people agree with at different times.

Quote:

Well I will.

1) Gender dysphoria is a real condition
Obviously.

Quote:
and what the schools are asking is reasonable
No flat out no.

Quote:
and it respects the wishes of the students afflicted by it. Is it THAT hard to use male or female or neither pronouns when requested? Is it seriously THAT hard to respect your students wishes?
If it's by force there is zero respect involved.

This sort of basic logic really goes over your head.

I'll call someone I like lord jesus if they want, I'm pretty big on people doing whatever the fuck they want.

However if I don't play along, I'm not willing to be charged with a hate crime.

Quote:
After all if you continue to misgender the individual or deadname them after the request, than yes that DOES constitute discrimination and bullying and the teacher DOES deserve to be reprehended for his or her actions.
Again I'm big on personal freedom within this context.

If someone wants to believe they are a martian, or they want to adopt certain aspects of trans culture I support them either way.

But make no mistake having gender diphoria doesn't give you the right to misrepresent your biological gender.

This is where you make zero logical sense.

If you don't want to identify with traditional gender roles go right ahead.

For alot of us we assumed not falling into gender roles went along with not being hetero normative.

Your also assuming that people like myself don't actually know trans people.

I know at least 2 rather directly.

And both of which had absolutely zero tolerance for this temper tantrum proxying by people like yourself.

I do not live in maintstream society, and neither do most of my friends.

Quote:
2) Cultural Marxism makes literally no sense, have you read any Marx at all? Cultural Marxism if it did exist would be cultural anti capitalist rhetoric, not anti Liberal anti free speech rhetoric which you claim to rail against, Call it what it is, thought crime.
The reason that they are caled social marxist is that they are more focused on social collectivism over economic.

If your social marxism wasn't so focused on total vilification of people of the past you'd realise most people are generally pretty accepting of certain aspects of trans culture.

Not following to gender norms was an expected result of being open to different gender orientations.

What people will oppose at every term is the forcing of people to adopt a political narrative to go along with it.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 10:13 PM
Registered Drug User

Was browsing other parts of the forum and came across this:

Did you want incontrovertible proof that the vast, vast majority of the unthinking idiocy in U.S. politics is on the far/alt right side of the aisle, and not in what Americans call the "left" (insomuch as there is any sort of left in the U.S.) aka the "liberals"? Did you want some hard evidence illustrating how unrelievedly moronic the right wing boobs who voted Trump into office are?

There it is.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 10:21 PM

From the same thread, this one really made me smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiederi View Post

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 9:07 PM
Rational urbanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
Was browsing other parts of the forum and came across this:

Did you want incontrovertible proof that the vast, vast majority of the unthinking idiocy in U.S. politics is on the far/alt right side of the aisle, and not in what Americans call the "left" (insomuch as there is any sort of left in the U.S.) aka the "liberals"? Did you want some hard evidence illustrating how unrelievedly moronic the right wing boobs who voted Trump into office are?

There it is.
Yep. I do think there's a fair bit of unthinking idiocy on the far-left (the stereotypical college student base) in the US too, but that ideology is still so fringe, whereas the far-right is essentially mainstream directly and well represented in one of the major political parties.

The recent forcing of Neil Gorsuch into the Supreme Court is defended by the fact that Obama similarly banned filibusters for some of his cabinet picks during his presidency. But the Republicans blocked Garland for over a year, and made it clear they planned on blocking any Clinton nominee were she to win. In the same spirit of your picture, they blocked everything Obama tried to do. He had no choice but to override the filibusters.

The Republican Party is a party that is completely devoid of any morals, ethics or faith in basic American tenets like democracy. Obama gave them compromise after compromise, whether it was the ACA or Garland, and they rejected all of it. It is the party behind the hyper-polarisation of American politics, and I think it's only gonna get worse.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
Yep. I do think there's a fair bit of unthinking idiocy on the far-left (the stereotypical college student base) in the US too, but that ideology is still so fringe, whereas the far-right is essentially mainstream directly and well represented in one of the major political parties.

The recent forcing of Neil Gorsuch into the Supreme Court is defended by the fact that Obama similarly banned filibusters for some of his cabinet picks during his presidency. But the Republicans blocked Garland for over a year, and made it clear they planned on blocking any Clinton nominee were she to win. In the same spirit of your picture, they blocked everything Obama tried to do. He had no choice but to override the filibusters.

The Republican Party is a party that is completely devoid of any morals, ethics or faith in basic American tenets like democracy. Obama gave them compromise after compromise, whether it was the ACA or Garland, and they rejected all of it. It is the party behind the hyper-polarisation of American politics, and I think it's only gonna get worse.
This is just a gross mischaracterisation of history, misunderstanding of the roots of modern hyper partisanship, and itself painting your own ideology with rose colored glasses while looking down your nose at individuals who you happen to politically disagree with. You are causing and re-enforcing what is wrong with modern political discourse.

First, regarding the Supreme Court, the modern era of hyper partisan brinkmanship related to supreme court nominees was started by Democrats in 1987. Before that Supreme Court nominations were quite routine and even boring. But in 1987 Democrats decided to hyper politicise the nomination process, and blocked Robert Bork, and otherwise qualified candidate, from the office.

Further driving the partisanship, was in 2003 the Democrats invented the Supreme Court filibuster for the sole purpose of blocking George Bush Supreme Court nominations.

Now we are here, where you want to try to say that this is all the Republicans fault?

The United States congress is completely devoid of morals. It isn't one party or the other.

I would say the root cause of much of the partisanship is these caricature pictures such as "wow, this other party is totally evil and devoid of morals". By repeating these cartoonish absurd statements, you are perpetuating the problem. People need to start blaming their own party and holding their own party accountable, and not descend into these ridiculous finger pointing competitions.

One of the best things about Trump, IMO, is that he is actively and loudly calling out Republicans for their bad behaviour. Obama was painfully silent about the dysfunctional nature of Democrats, pretending that only Republicans were getting in the way of his agenda, and that only fuelled more partisanship.

I can tell you that both Trump, Obama, George Bush, Bill Clinton, and every other President would have loved to deliver meaningful social reforms. But meaningful social reforms are not what the United States congress is about. It is about selling out to the highest bidder. Democrats and Republicans.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 9:28 PM
Heart of the Continent

So then you defend what the Republicans did with Garland? Really?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 6:49 AM

Interesting, today's Vancouver Sun had an editorial quite critical of our high levels of immigration, unusual even for even a Postmedia paper. And yet it appears nowhere in their online edition.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada