HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 9:56 PM

I read Drew Tate might be on the block....could be interesting

Remember when he was more highly regarded than BLM, that seems like ages ago

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 5:41 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

^Hmmmm interesting, I wonder what Tate would garner in return?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 9:35 PM

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
That is a good back up QB to sign. Just waiting for the announcement on the Blue Bomber's new starter.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis View Post
That is a good back up QB to sign. Just waiting for the announcement on the Blue Bomber's new starter.
Which part of 10-3 in 13 starts did you miss?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 3:20 PM

One less QB for the Riders to go after...I like it! No, I LOVE IT!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Are you they guy from Winnipeg on the Podcast "Lets Talk CFL"? That group has an unhealthy hate on for DD and the Riders in particular. LOL!
There is also an unhealthy hate on for DD on the Riderpride fan site as well. And it has been going on for years now. Reading the endless back and forth bickering about the value of DD has ben entertaining!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 9:09 PM

Durant was a great QB but it's over for him now.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Durant was a great QB but it's over for him now.
Knowing our luck he'll lead the Alouettes to a couple of Grey Cups!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 9:33 PM
arf

I said we should have cut ties with Durant two seasons ago. But that was then. Durant has been a great quarterback for us when we had a running game. He played within the system and made few mistakes. Exactly what we needed to win a couple of Grey Cups with him which even our apparent all-time great couldn't muster despite having one of the all-time great runnning backs in the backfield. Durant just wants to be paid at the end of his career because his dollar making days are numbered.

I have a feeling that Mr. Jones is not shopping for a quarterback and is going to go with the youngsters because the cost of anyone that might be available is going to be too high. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's a decision I would have been happier with last season than this season. Rider fans may not like that, but that is a better decision than getting fleeced on anyone else right now. Do the Riders sign and play Darian another season if the price is right. Sure, but the price wasn't going to be right. We're not a playoff team with Durant at the helm right now. Anyone who thought that last year wasn't looking at the lack of an offensive line or the chemistry needed to generate wins. We got that chemistry for a bit, but by then we were 1-10. People need to get over the fact that we wasted a season going down the wrong path. 20-20 hindsight now.

I do think Jones is going the wrong path towards a happy fan base though. A community team heavily supported by the community needs a certain amount of foundation in players that are great for the community. This involves a little bit of consistency in roster and some tradeoffs for cost. I'm not saying that Chick and others weren't a little steep in price for their age and play on the field, but there is something added to the community with them. The Riders are bigger than game day here. I hope Jones begins to understand that.

I am not looking forward to another four or five win season this year. It'll be hard to swallow in the new stadium with a roster that many die-hard fans have a hard time naming more than five players on.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I said we should have cut ties with Durant two seasons ago. But that was then. Durant has been a great quarterback for us when we had a running game. He played within the system and made few mistakes. Exactly what we needed to win a couple of Grey Cups with him which even our apparent all-time great couldn't muster despite having one of the all-time great runnning backs in the backfield. Durant just wants to be paid at the end of his career because his dollar making days are numbered.

I have a feeling that Mr. Jones is not shopping for a quarterback and is going to go with the youngsters because the cost of anyone that might be available is going to be too high. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's a decision I would have been happier with last season than this season. Rider fans may not like that, but that is a better decision than getting fleeced on anyone else right now. Do the Riders sign and play Darian another season if the price is right. Sure, but the price wasn't going to be right. We're not a playoff team with Durant at the helm right now. Anyone who thought that last year wasn't looking at the lack of an offensive line or the chemistry needed to generate wins. We got that chemistry for a bit, but by then we were 1-10. People need to get over the fact that we wasted a season going down the wrong path. 20-20 hindsight now.

I do think Jones is going the wrong path towards a happy fan base though. A community team heavily supported by the community needs a certain amount of foundation in players that are great for the community. This involves a little bit of consistency in roster and some tradeoffs for cost. I'm not saying that Chick and others weren't a little steep in price for their age and play on the field, but there is something added to the community with them. The Riders are bigger than game day here. I hope Jones begins to understand that.

I am not looking forward to another four or five win season this year. It'll be hard to swallow in the new stadium with a roster that many die-hard fans have a hard time naming more than five players on.
Sorry but I can't feel sorry for you. I'd give the entire Stamps roster + McCrap Stadium for the Riders and New Mosaic. At least you can improve the damn team - from recent reports it sounds like all they're gonna spend here on "upgrades" is a lousy 20 mil. So I guess a few more seats with backs, more port-a-potties and re-pave the parking lot?? What a joke...

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthumb2 View Post
Sorry but I can't feel sorry for you. I'd give the entire Stamps roster + McCrap Stadium for the Riders and New Mosaic. At least you can improve the damn team - from recent reports it sounds like all they're gonna spend here on "upgrades" is a lousy 20 mil. So I guess a few more seats with backs, more port-a-potties and re-pave the parking lot?? What a joke...
You are getting zero sympathy from me... I'd sit on a lawn chair in a field, drink warm Diet Moutain Dew and piss in an ice cream pail to have a home team as dominant as the Stamps have been for most of the last 25 years.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 7:26 PM

Wink

Quote:
You are getting zero sympathy from me... I'd sit on a lawn chair in a field, drink warm Diet Moutain Dew and piss in an ice cream pail to have a home team as dominant as the Stamps have been for most of the last 25 years.
Touche.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 7:46 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Which part of 10-3 in 13 starts did you miss?

10:3 odds he gets a season ending injury in the first 2 games.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
10:3 odds he gets a season ending injury in the first 2 games.
I think you're thinking of Darian Durant

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 9:27 PM

Quote:
I think you're thinking of Darian Durant
No, he's talking about Mike Reilly of the Eskimos

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 9:36 PM

Quote:
You are getting zero sympathy from me... I'd sit on a lawn chair in a field, drink warm Diet Mountain Dew and piss in an ice cream pail to have a home team as dominant as the Stamps have been for most of the last 25 years.
The only thing that has kept me going is watching the Stamps poop the bed during championship games during that streak!

2016 - Grey Cup
2015 - Western Final
2013 - Western Final
2012 - Grey Cup
2011 - Western Semi Final
2010 - Western Final
2009 - Western Final

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 9:51 PM

^ Haha, I guess they have had a hard time sealing the deal lately

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 9:58 PM
arf

Quote:
Eww...Mountain Dew...I'll take the crab juice.

I'm not a huge fan of paying a total of more than $750 in increase city taxes over the next ten years to help pay for the stadium. We all know the stadium mill rate increases over the next decade aren't 't going to magically disappear when the city has paid their share of the stadium funding. At that point the city will be raking in probably > $10,000,000 a year in extra tax revenue due to stadium mill rate increases all for providing taxpayers with nothing.

I wasn't totally against the city paying some of the costs, but the taxpayers are paying more than we should have. This year the city is asking for a 4.18% increase in the mill rate. 0.45% of that is for the stadium.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Eww...Mountain Dew...I'll take the crab juice.
Nice Simpsons reference

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada