HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 12:11 AM

I love this picture delts. I have never been to that side of Utah Lake, I didn't even know that people lived over there. I wondered if there was anyone there, I guess so. They must have some spectacular views!

I really like these new lofts that are being converted from the dry goods building. The layout seems really modern with some nice touches. Maybe when im a famous Architect I could buy one of these lofts Im just a poor under-grad now

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 2:46 PM

Downtown - The Huntington - Phase I - Under Construction

520 East 500 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
The Huntington Downtown, a 42 unit townhome/condo project located at 520 S 500 E, Salt Lake City.

Downtown - Huntington Park Condos Phase II

Huntington Park Condos
540 East 500 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
County: Salt Lake
Date Last Verified 1/7/2008

Property Description:
43 luxury condos ready to build. This is Phase 2; the first phase is coming out of the ground and will provide ongoing marketing and source of leads for Phase 2.
Location Description:
PHENOMENAL LOCATION! Half-block from Trolley Square with restaurants, shopping, TRAX station and more all within walking distance. Prime urban location that is perfect for luxury condos.

Last edited by delts145; Feb 9, 2008 at 3:28 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 7:05 PM

Like Stevena07 said -- at least the hole is getting bigger and deeper [for 222 South Main].

I can't wait for the ACTUAL construction part to get going. That'll definitely be something to see.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 8:52 PM

Downtown,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
Good to hear about more condos at the huntington.

I stumbled across this today...

http://www.508southtemple.com

Joint Venture investment opportunity on exclusive South Temple in downtown Salt Lake City. Joint Venture partner sought to help bring the full value of this unique property to fruition. The development has four options which may include developing luxury residential condo space. Currently medical office space. Proformas available for existing structure along with projections for various development scenarios.

4, 6 or 12 stories... its up in the air.

please click on the pdf link below to see the different options...with renderings
http://www.508southtemple.com/508-So...ortunities.pdf

Here are some more concept renderings courtesy of the architects site....

i really look forward to seeing/hearing more about this project.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazefirelight View Post
Like Stevena07 said -- at least the hole is getting bigger and deeper [for 222 South Main].

I can't wait for the ACTUAL construction part to get going. That'll definitely be something to see.
I agree blaze, and I understand they're on schedule so far.

Hamilton Partners

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 10, 2008, 5:19 AM

By SLC Projects
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Downtown - City Creek Center with a Marriott view.
Updated Feb. 9, 2008

Last night my wife and I went to the downtown Marriott hotel on west temple to spend the night. We stayed on the 15th floor with a North View. And what a view. We had a corner room so we had two windows. One facing the North and the other facing the east. So not only did we get a view of the Crossroads Blcok but we had a view of the ZCMI block as well. Here are some photos I took.

Our view. Facing North. This is where the 32-story tower one will go as well as the Nordstrom. Right now crews are working on the underground parking.

Here is a base of a Crane on the 32-story tower site.

You can start to see the pillars of the underground parking take place.

This is from our East window. There will be a 19-story tower. (Tower 2) on that site.

Just picture in a few years there will be a 19-story tower next door from this view and a 20-story right behind the First Security building.

Here is a few pics of the zcmi block.

Main Street with Crossroads and ZCMI on both sides.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2008, 3:08 PM

Salt Lake City's New T.O.D Urbanism - Billions in Light Rail and Commuter Rail newly completed and under construction begins to transform a METRO.

Birkhill @ Fireclay - TOD - And Other Hamlet Home's TOD'S

Waverly Station - Newly Completed

As a transit-oriented community in South Salt Lake City, Hamlet Homes newest community features townhomes now available for sale. Each of these Utah homes for sale features stone and stucco detailed exteriors, two-car garages, attractively landscaped patios that open onto a courtyard and a welcoming and elegant trellis arch entryway located at each end of the green space. The community consists of 161 homes.

http://www.hamlethomes.com/communiti...le.aspx?cid=12

http://www.obeo.com/Public/Viewer/De...p%3fhid%3d1460

Inverness Square - Sold-Out
300 West 4800 South

http://www.hamlethomes.com/communiti...le.aspx?cid=15

Representing the re-emergence of urban neighborhoods along the Wasatch Front, Inverness Square offers new homes for sale in Utah’s Murray City. Built by Hamlet Homes as the first community of its kind in Murray to embrace principles of New Urbanism, Inverness Square is a walkable, mixed-use neighborhood with tree-lined sidewalks and a common area for families.

As a leading Utah home builder, Hamlet significantly revitalized a former industrial site by building an attractive community with enhanced streetscapes and advanced technologies. Homebuyers looking for new homes in Utah will find unique exteriors that have an urban look and feel including stucco and brick facades. Although these are Utah homes, elevations resemble the downtown residential areas of eastern communities.

Residents will enjoy these Utah homes conveniently located close to I-15, TRAX and Murray City schools, as well as Intermountain Healthcare’s new flagship hospital, the Intermountain Medical Center. In addition, Hamlet’s new homes in Utah will feature innovative, world-class communications, known locally as UTOPIA Community MetroNetTM, an unparalleled broadband fiber optic network that enables users to enjoy the very best in Internet, phone, video and TV services.

Birkhill @ Fireclay Under Construction

http://www.hamlethomes.com/SiteData/...ElevationB.jpg

Walkable, accessible and convenient…the essence of Birkhill at Fireclay, an exciting, mixed-use, transit-oriented development (TOD) community located in the heart of Murray City’s 97 acre redevelopment area - Fireclay District. Designed and developed by Hamlet Homes, a leading Utah home builder, these Utah new homes connect homebuyers with beautiful new townhomes and condominiums, as well as commercial leasing space, which offer the best of urban living.

The Birkhill community provides many ways to ‘get connected’; convenient transportation on TRAX, UTA bus lines and bicycle paths, all within walking distance, and I-15 on-ramps just a couple miles away. Maintenance-free living also connects homebuyers to a new sense of freedom. The community’s new homes in Utah are wired with UTOPIA Community MetroNet’s™ fiber optic communications system to connect family, friends and business via voice, Internet and video. Social connections bring like-minded people together who have sought out an urban, walkable, TOD lifestyle. And, Birkhill is working toward LEED® Neighborhood Development certification, so it’s good for our environment, too

Birkhill not only offers homebuyers a ‘get connected’ urban lifestyle, it also provides homebuyers with an opportunity to be among the first to enjoy its sought after benefits – a centrally located, fun and more-convenient way of life.

The community’s attractive and classically designed Utah townhomes and condominiums intermingle with retail shops, restaurants, everyday services and businesses. Tree-lined streets, sidewalk cafes, and beautifully landscaped parks create a special sense of place and encourage a lifestyle that is dynamic, yet relaxed; a lifestyle homebuyers can truly enjoy.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2008, 9:13 PM

Salt Lake City Metro - Sandy - TOD - Under Construction

Again, one of many positive outcomes in the continuing growth around TRAX. Big props to the developer for choice of materials and historical design elements.

Property Description:
KUHRE SQUARE OFFICE/COMMERCIAL. Taking reservations now for Spring/Summer 2008 completion. Live and work in Historic Sandy Neighborhood next to Historic Sandy Trax station. New mixed-use zoning. Office spaces will be approximately 3000 SF and residential units will be aproximately 1500 SF.

METRO - SANDY - Kuhre Square

KUHRE SQUARE OFFICE/COMMERCIAL. Taking reservations now for Spring/summer 2008 completion.

Last edited by delts145; May 6, 2008 at 12:48 PM.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2008, 10:35 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

I absolutely love that there are so many TOD developing around Traxx, I think it says a lot for how forward thinking a metro the size of Salt Lake City is. Phoenix is so much larger and is just now starting to get on board with mass transit, light rail. While I like all these developments and they are all a positive step in the right direction for a growing metro. I think the Fireclay is the best example of a TOD that we have being developed. Don't get me wrong they are all great projects and will completely transform life on the Wasatch. I expect to see project along the scope of Fireclay or even larger rise up around Front Runner Stations, as we are sort of seeing an example of in Farmington. I expect entire communities to form with Front Runner at the center of them.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I absolutely love that there are so many TOD developing around Traxx, I think it says a lot for how forward thinking a metro the size of Salt Lake City is. Phoenix is so much larger and is just now starting to get on board with mass transit, light rail. While I like all these developments and they are all a positive step in the right direction for a growing metro. I think the Fireclay is the best example of a TOD that we have being developed. Don't get me wrong they are all great projects and will completely transform life on the Wasatch. I expect to see project along the scope of Fireclay or even larger rise up around Front Runner Stations, as we are sort of seeing an example of in Farmington. I expect entire communities to form with Front Runner at the center of them.
There are already so many plans to build huge developments around Frontrunner. I cant wait to take Frontrunner from Layton to the Hub, and then Trax all the way up to the U!!!

I absolutely love Fireclay! It is such a great idea, and it will be very connected to the metro once all of the mass transit stuff is done (frontrunner south, trax). It is also great that they are developing the land around the Trax stations, instead of having parking lots. We will have smaller centers all long the Wasatch front soon!

I wish they would have some massive Fireclay in the area between I-15, State Street and from 4th south to 9th south. In that area. It would really extend downtown, and they could place another Trax line though there. I have no idea whats there but I think this would be better. I think that would be an awesome idea!!

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 2:54 AM

^^^
Steve, I was thinking exactly the same thing about a Fireclay style of development around that whole south downtown area. There are sooo many lots that could use it. I think we could even go a few stories higher and vary the historic architectural styles, to give it that layered look. Fireclay is exactly the kind of development I've been waiting to see interspersed throughout downtown. Would also like to see that Ken Garff dealership across from City Hall replaced with a Fireclay type project. Hey, there's no reason why Ken Garff couldn't be the commercial tenant on the main floor. That would look cool, with the large show windows and the Mercedes and Jags!

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 3:23 AM

I agree Delts. I don't think we should really have these dealerships and parking lots in the downtown area.

This kind of development should be around city hall and south of Pioneer Park. Or better yet, Future Mayor's brownstone idea could be all around city hall and the library. And this Fireclay type of thing should be south of Pioneer Park.

I like the idea of varying architectural styles. High buildings are always a welcome sight too

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 1:21 PM

Your comment caused me to think of all the parking lots which have been developed in the past 10 years. It's amazing, especially in the North and West sections of downtown how much has changed.

One of those developments that replaced a surface parking lot, is the new records library under construction. T-Mac took some great shots of it yesterday. I especially like the beautiful stone panels they are using for the skin. Top quality will always pass the test of time.

Downtown - Updates - February 10, 2008

Record's Library -

Pics by T-Mac

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 5:02 PM

Downtown - Kennedy Town Center Condominiums - Under Construction - 644 West North Temple

Pics by T-Mac - Feb.10, 2008

by T-Mac

Last edited by delts145; Feb 12, 2008 at 3:02 PM.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 10:52 PM

Downtown - The Kirtland Condos - Update February 10, 2008

4 STORY HIGH RISE CONDO PROJECT * GRANITE, STAINLESS, TILE, WOOD FLOORING, WALK-IN CLOSETS * 9FT CEILINGS, HUGE DECKS, SECURED PARKING, ANIMAL FRIENDLY, CLOSE TO TRAX AND DOWNTOWN LIVING

750 south 300 west.

Kirtland

Kirtland

Kirtland

Photo's by T-Mac

Today's Update - Feb. 10, 2008

The Kirtland Condos

Pics By T-Mac - Taken Yesterday

T-Mac

Last edited by delts145; Feb 11, 2008 at 11:05 PM.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2008, 1:34 AM

Downtown - CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
Projects, I loved your photos. Here are some from today taken at ground level.

There it is.
Pics by T-Mac

Last edited by delts145; Feb 12, 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2008, 1:48 AM

Downtown - 222 South Main

by T-Mac

Pics by T-Mac - Feb. 10, 2008

Photos from today. It looks like we have hit bottom on the east end of the pit.

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 12, 2008, 2:37 PM

Downtown - Bridges at Citifront - Under Construction - 641 West No. Temple

Welcome to downtown Salt Lake City. Welcome home. The Bridges at Citifront is a unique condominium community that offers an amazing opportunity for everyone interested in exploring life in the city. Inside, you’ll live in comfort and style, enjoying finely appointed condos and surprisingly spacious landscaped courtyards. After all, who said urban living couldn’t include tons of open green space? Outside you’ll be intimately close to the vibrancy of downtown Salt Lake City. Whether you’re walking to the Gateway or hopping on Trax for an urban adventure, you can be a part of it all without being stuck in the middle. Plus, it all comes at a price that makes the Bridges the best value in downtown living. That’s the beauty of being just across from everything.

At the Bridges, we recognize that you’re unique, with your own particular needs and lifestyle. We offer a variety of floor plans suited to a wide range of residents. Whether you’re looking for something on the top floor, bottom floor or somewhere in between, with one bedroom or a few bedrooms, you’ll be able to select from an array of plans and find the one that will be the perfect fit for you.

by T-Mac

site plan, Bridges at Citifront

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 12, 2008, 9:21 PM
Bring out the cranes...

City Creek Center 32-story Tower 1 Crane is now up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb View Post
Here are some pictures of the crane from my lunchbreak:

Photos by gbb.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 13, 2008, 1:25 AM

YES!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations