HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Nov 29, 2010, 9:52 PM

CSI San Antonio-CBS developing S.A.-set drama from ‘CSI’ creator

It's been awhile since a pilot was set in San Antonio.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/jakle06...m-csi-creator/
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2010, 10:54 PM
Paradise

I hope it's not too western themed. I would take it if it is like that show Chase. A little bit of Texan in it to know it's Texas, but not too much to separate it from other places.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2010, 11:08 PM
~Hook'em~

I'm not sure how I would feel about a show like this. Just glad it isn't Austin. =)

I mean I do like reading fiction books and such on the romanticized behaviors of Texas Rangers and such kinds of "western" justice but I don't think I'd like to see that same thing in a modern CSI type setting. However that show Justice is easily one of my favorite shows. I really really like it. It is much batter than Chase. So how knows.

I just hope that Hollywood can mix in some of the true Texas with their grossly exaggerated Hollywood version of Texas that everyone else thinks of us. They seem to do alright with Vegas and NY but not so much Miami. But I can't stand the main guy in the CSI Miami so that may have something to do with that.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2010, 4:46 AM
Let's Eat!

Maybe centered around the Texas Rangers??? But anything set in SA will help get some national exposure

Old Posted Dec 2, 2010, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari82 View Post
Maybe centered around the Texas Rangers??? But anything set in SA will help get some national exposure
Anything "set" in San Antonio will not help us get "national exposure" (as if a map doesn't tip people off that the city IS here,) it will just continue to build the stereotype of the crazy sheriff riding into town on his horse.

Quote:
According to The Hollywood Reporter, CBS is planning a neo-Western crime drama from executive producer Anthony Zuiker (in photo at right) called “Desperado.” It focuses on a group of lawmen who enact cowboy-style justice in modern times on criminals in San Antonio.
People are dumb (in general) and they will believe anything they see. I see shoot-outs at high-noon on dusty streets, six shooters and swinging bar doors; I mean who do they think we are? El Paso?
J/K
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Old Posted Dec 2, 2010, 10:40 PM
Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaht82 View Post
Anything "set" in San Antonio will not help us get "national exposure" (as if a map doesn't tip people off that the city IS here,) it will just continue to build the stereotype of the crazy sheriff riding into town on his horse.

People are dumb (in general) and they will believe anything they see. I see shoot-outs at high-noon on dusty streets, six shooters and swinging bar doors; I mean who do they think we are? El Paso?
J/K
The fact that it will mostly be filmed in L.A. is the risky part. A lot of those shows that are set somewhere else stereotype the setting very much since they only film in the actual location once in awhile. I hope that doesn't mean they'll be filming in a desert and using tacky sets.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2010, 5:48 PM

i imagine like csi:miami there will be cool transition shots of downtown and the hill country in the show

Old Posted Dec 4, 2010, 12:46 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Where the show will be shot hasn't been decided.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2010, 6:13 AM

Thomas Gibson, one of the main stars of CBS" Criminal Minds." I'm sure T.Gibson has the inside scoop about the show, and I'm sure he would have something to say if they portrayed S.A. in a negative way.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Last edited by Paul in S.A TX; Dec 16, 2010 at 7:08 AM.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2010, 6:14 AM

I'm going to have my roommate find out.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio