HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Story in The Province today that quotes Mark Recchi that the Canucks are the most arrogant and most hated team he has faced in his 22 year career. I understand that sentiment toward Kes, Laps, and Bur, but the rest of the team is fine. How can you paint the whole team with 3 players?

Anyways, the Canucks play San Jose tonight. I personally think Schneider should get the start coming off 2 straight shutouts. I'd like to see Schneider play more of a prominent role so he is better prepared for the play-offs if and when Luongo shits the bed.
He actually said that quite awhile ago (so way to stay on top of things, The Province!), and it was more about the Sedin synchronized diving efforts.

Which says something, considering the Bruins also played against PK Subban and the Habs.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
but... he's Russian!!!

After all, drafting that poor Russian guy in the 6th round (162nd overall) of the 1998 draft was the worst thing ever for the Habs.
The Russian drafted by Detroit later in that same round would not have been a bad choice either...

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 5:36 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Patches hits a guy in the head. Crosby, same. It's been an interesting week for hypocrisy.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 7:34 AM

I notice the stunning quiet from the NHL regarding any potential intentional elbow to the head by Crosby

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 8:38 AM
Go Chiefs!

First of all, we got ROBBED a point by the referee... when Habs haters (and Pens fans for that matter) say the goal should have never occured, you know it's a BS call.

Video Link

Also Pacioretty shouldn't be suspended because of that robbery. Maybe he deserves 1 or 2 games but it was a "strong hockey play".

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 2:19 PM

Kris Letang, what a beast. Penguins winning the cup this season. Way too much talent and momentum.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli View Post
Im sure the poor little Bruins fan did NOTHING to rile those guys up.
They were booing Carey Price. Big shit. Habs fans do the same whenever they go to Toronto, Boston, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
Just because you bought a ticket doesn't give you the right to disturb and annoy everyone around you for 2 or 3 hours,those 2 idiots asked for a beating and got one
Just because someone is booing you team does not give you the right to pounce on them. But then again i wouldn't expect a barbarian tool like yourself to understand how a civilized society works. Habs fans are classless.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telyou View Post
They were booing Carey Price. Big shit. Habs fans do the same whenever they go to Toronto, Boston, etc.

Just because someone is booing you team does not give you the right to pounce on them. But then again i wouldn't expect a barbarian tool like yourself to understand how a civilized society works. Habs fans are classless.
STFU man, your just assuming that every Habs fan is unclassy. Boston fans aren't any better, A few years ago when the Habs beat the Bruins during the playoffs at the TD Garden, a group of Habs fans got beating the shit out of, and no one did anything. So screw classiness.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
"I feel terrible that he got hurt and I'm thankful that he came back," Pacioretty said following the game.

"It's a quick decision there. He's coming across the middle, he's got the puck and is maybe in a scoring opportunity. If I let him go, he could potentially score on us. I knew I had to hit him but I didn't want the result to be like that.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381408

Well, then. We should hopefully never again hear about the hit on him nearly 10 months ago.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 10:20 PM

Dirty hit by Paccioretty, I hope some of the fans in montreal called the police on him.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 12:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay in Cowtown View Post
5 Montreal - 2nd Round Exit
8 Toronto - 1st Round Exit
13 Ottawa - Misses Playoffs
7 Winnipeg - 2nd Round Exit

3 Vancouver - 1st Round Exit (to Calgary)
8 Edmonton - Loses Western Conference Championship (to Calgary)
6 Calgary - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions

Yeah Baby!
Just looking back through the thread

Found this beauty

Still early but I don't see Calgary making it anywhere near the playoffs this season

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 1:25 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:

He is not a Habs fan, I think he hates the team.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 1:26 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381408

Well, then. We should hopefully never again hear about the hit on him nearly 10 months ago.
Following the same logic, he shouldn't be suspended then.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 1:34 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Dirty hit by Paccioretty, I hope some of the fans in montreal called the police on him.
No, but we did call the police so the ref can give back the pt he stole from us (and gave it to his boyfriend's team).

After all, robbery is a crime that needs to be severly punished.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 1:49 AM

Quote:

speaking of class shouldn't you be studying for your big exam tomorrow? ahhhh yes I'm sure the 6th grade is really stressing you out, so I'll forgive you junior

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 1:57 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Officiating is always suspect, but wow. I just don't understand where the refs were coming from tonight. How exactly can you interfere with a goaltender when you're a) not in the crease, and b) being cross-checked rather violently from behind? This is almost as bullshit as Letang's goal last night. Not quite, but damn close.

Not that it mattered. The Wild once again show how talentless they are. If their "system" doesn't work for one minute, they utterly break down. It's amazing other coaches haven't figured this out yet. They're a one-gimmick pony (with refs who love them tonight).

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 1:55 PM

A year ago who'd have thought the leagues's leading scorers would be Kessel, Giroux, Lupul, Vanek, and Versteeg? The likes of Ovechkin, St. Louis and Perry are nowhere to he seen.

Just heard that Bruce Budreau got fired.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 3:29 PM

Holy crap the Flames won!

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 3:32 PM

What was wrong with Letang's goal? the whistle maybe should have gone, but he pulled the puck out and beat Price.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 4:05 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
What was wrong with Letang's goal? the whistle maybe should have gone, but he pulled the puck out and beat Price.
That's precisely what's wrong with the goal. If the ref never blows down the play when a goalie freezes the puck, we could have all sorts of goals happening - and many injured goaltenders to boot.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada