HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted Sep 3, 2006, 4:44 AM

It's great news to hear both shows are happy with their results, and more importantly they will return next year.

I really wonder how many people actually visit Niagara Falls every year. I'm sure there is also some discrepency. Do locals attending attractions and such get factored in as visitors, or do they some 80km "official" count?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2006, 3:26 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

I hope that Cirque Niagara sticks it out here for the long haul, I think that Niagara Falls needs more of these kinds of shows, and get away from the expensive, useless attractions brought here over the last few years. I am really wondering too what the actual numbers are for Niagara?

Quote:
I would imagine with the end of the labour day weekend, that any projects worth starting will be starting soon.
It looks like they are continuing on expanding into 4 lanes, Dorchester rd. between the 420 and Morrison st.
Quote:
There will be a community Services Committee meeting on Monday, September 11th that will discuss and listen to a presentation regarding a potential OHL team for Niagara Falls. JDS Delcor consisting of Ernie Coetzee, Steve Ludzik and Don Cherry will be presenting this proposal. I will be attending this along with many die-hard hockey fans and will let you know what was said.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2006, 11:46 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

Proposed Skylon Holiday Inn Tower near the bottom of Murray Street and the blvd.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2006, 12:19 AM

Do you think Imax's new sign has anything to do with the new 3D4D Falls Movie on Murray Street?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2006, 12:26 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Realcity where in the world did you find this image of this proposed Skylon Holiday Inn highrise? Is this the proposed 24 story south tower or is this something alltogether different. And do you have anymore information on this?

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Sep 25, 2006 at 3:55 AM.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2006, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLSVIEW
Realcity where in the world did you find this image of this proposed Skylon Holiday Inn highrise? Is this the proposed 24 story south tower or is this something alltogether different. And do you have anymore information on this?
a friend of a friend of a cousin.

I not sure what the final will look like. But it's fair to say something will be built on Murray St. It can/will be very tall since it will only block the view of the Skylon elevator. Something around 30 floors. And probably a Holiday Inn or something from that family of banners InterContinental. The original Holiday Inn By The Falls wasn't a real Holiday Inn, it was allowed to exist because it was older than the chain itself. This has been finally settled with Skylon and InterContinental Hotels. A hotel in this location will have the best view of any Fallsview hotel -- it will look directly into the 'veil' and horseshoe. The moraine trail is going to be developed too, and this will make a good connector for a Skylon hotel. As well the pedestrian promenade will connect Clifton with Fallsview giving another option to the blvd and Victoria. Don't worry about the high cdn dollar, the Falls will still be rolling.

My wish for the Falls is to have a University. Like UNLV, not Brock but a new one all together.

Last edited by realcity; Sep 5, 2006 at 7:12 PM.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2006, 7:59 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

When are they supposed to start all this, it sounds awesome. Anything else going on around town?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 3:02 AM

Great find Realcity. I think it looks more like a condo than a hotel, but I definately like it.

To further Fallsview's question, if this is happening will this be part of a larger Skylon project and will it be part of phases and what phase will it be?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 3:47 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Went to watch "Cirque Niagara" finally with my wife and kids, it was awesome! I was amazed at the athletisism of these people. This is the kind of stuff that is well worth the price of admission. Good for Niagara for finally offering good quality entertainment, instead of some of the other crap you pay for.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 4:17 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

FUTURE DEVELOPMENT:

EAGLE VALLEY CONDOMINIUMS 10 FLOORS:

Due to red tape involving buildings not going over 6 stories in the outer core of Niagara Falls, the owner of EVGC had to take her case to the provincial level. It was approved at 10 floors. This project is still 2 years from completion and a new set of conceptual drawings have been finalized. The owners plan is for EVGC to become a gated community within 10 years. This Golf Course is located up on the Escarpment and holds an incredible view of the Toronto skyline.
GOLF COURSE LOCATION: GOOGLE EARTH EVGC

VISIT: EAGLE VALLEY GOLF CLUB FOR COMPLETE DETAILS!

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 4:54 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE NEWS:

Pillar and Post expansion doesn't sit well with some neighbours

It would be a big hotel.
Four storeys, underground parking and three large meeting rooms, located across the road from its parent building, the Pillar and Post Inn.

FULL ARTICLE @:NIAGARA REVIEW

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 7:08 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Quote:
[B
Due to red tape involving buildings not going over 6 stories in the outer core of Niagara Falls, the owner of EVGC had to take her case to the provincial level. It was approved at 10 floors. This project is still 2 years from completion and a new set of conceptual drawings have been finalized. The owners plan is for EVGC to become a gated community within 10 years. This Golf Course is located up on the Escarpment and holds an incredible view of the Toronto skyline.
Stupid bitch, we don't need f'n gated communities in Canada. Actually, where does it say it's going to be a gated community?

Anyway, the whole ad is retarded: "Should you crave spring sooner this year try Niagara. Our flowers take a head start over the rest of Ontario why else would we be called the Garden City?"

Niagara Falls isn't called the Garden City, St. Catharines is.

Flickr®

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 11:04 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
Actually, where does it say it's going to be a gated community?

Niagara Falls isn't called the Garden City, St. Catharines is.
It doesn't say it is going to be a gated community, "she" said it is going to be. I hate gated communities, it looks frickin retarded in Crystal Beach.

I never even noticed the Garden City reference.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 11:10 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

"OPENING SPRING 2007"

Quote:
THIS IS THE BIG HOLE ON STANLEY AVE.

VISIT: MOTEL 6 WEBSITE
Quote:
In late August the sale of the the old information building on Stanley Avenue closed. It sold for $450,000. Expect action on this property in the near future.
Quote:
In the Spring a company in St. Catharines took dirt samples from the property that now has a ground level parking lot, this is directly across from the Oakes Hotel & Applebees parking lot. I believe they are associated with the Embassy Suites. LOCATION @: GOOGLE EARTH

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Sep 7, 2006 at 4:18 AM.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Quote:
it looks frickin retarded in Crystal Beach.
I couldn't agree more. It's like catering to the paranoid people who think the world is coming to the end. But then again, I bet the Crystal Beach development is full of Buffalonians so in their minds it's normal.

I really hope that St. Catharines condo is a success, that might just very well bring around a badly needed condo development in the downtown Lower-Level parking lot.

Flickr®

Old Posted Sep 7, 2006, 6:05 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

MARINELAND NEWS:

Terrors of the Sea; Marineland begins construction of shark aquarium

A massive mechanical shovel scoops dirt from beside a riverbank and loads several dump trucks.

"This is going to be 60 acres, the world's largest aquarium," said Marineland owner and founder John Holer.

Marineland's Terrors of the Sea shark aquarium will include acrylic tunnels similar to this rendering.

FULL ARTICLE @:NIAGARA REVIEW

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Sep 13, 2006 at 12:42 AM.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2006, 12:07 AM
Great White Norf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
I couldn't agree more. It's like catering to the paranoid people who think the world is coming to the end. But then again, I bet the Crystal Beach development is full of Buffalonians so in their minds it's normal.
lol
actually, there are NO gated communities (that I know of) in WNY. One can drive through the most "exclusive" subdivisions without being hassled by "rent a cop" security guards. and those WNY'ers pump a lot of money into the Niagara Region economy in the summertime.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2006, 12:08 AM
Great White Norf

glad to see Marineland is expanding. John Holer is obviously making money hand-over-fist.

as for tourism in the falls, it was the slowest summer I've worked yet, and that article proves it.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 1:51 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

NEW PROPOSED ARENA FOR NIAGARA FALLS!

THIS IS A RENDERING OF A PROPOSED 5700 SEAT ARENA FOR NIAGARA FALLS. JDS DELCOR OWNERSHIP GROUP IS PRESENTING THIS ARENA, AND PURSUING A FUTURE OHL HOCKEY CLUB FOR THIS VENUE.

CLICK:Don Cherry in Attendance-THE REVIEW

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Sep 29, 2006 at 12:10 AM.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 5:19 PM

^ that's great for the Falls.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario