HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 22, 2015, 10:09 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
You would think that when they proposed the new store they would have known about the Co-op Deal. Or at least known they were negotiating it. I don't see the difference tho, the Co-op on Mapleton is just as close to the Northwest Centre Sobeys.
What does this mean for the other 2 Sobeys in Dieppe?
Not only that but to be fair the co-op in Dieppe is in shit condition IMO. Close it down or expand the gas bar or something to add more pumps. A new Sobeys will draw a lot of then the old faltering Co-Op will.

Old Posted May 23, 2015, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Man View Post
Metro Moncton will bear the brunt of a retail bubble collapse within 10 years. Mark my words. The baby boomer wealth is drying up.
It's may have already started. There is way more vacancies than there was 2-3 years ago. Stores like Giant Tiger and Dollarama are going to thrive though.

Old Posted May 31, 2015, 1:09 PM

Goji's in Dieppe is moving on the other side of Champlain St in the vacant spot next to Pita Pit.

Unfortunately, Champlain St Plaza phase II is filling up with more of the same...

I was hoping for The Battered Fish to take that spot as they mentioned they would be going on Champlain St.

Old Posted May 31, 2015, 2:26 PM

So apparently Sobeys is only buying cooperate Co-op stores so the Dieppe store should be safe as it is not part of the deal and will continues to operate, potentiallly not as a Co-op, depending on who they get for a supplier.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 1:15 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad View Post
Goji's in Dieppe is moving on the other side of Champlain St in the vacant spot next to Pita Pit.

Unfortunately, Champlain St Plaza phase II is filling up with more of the same...

I was hoping for The Battered Fish to take that spot as they mentioned they would be going on Champlain St.
Not surprised about Goji's, I predicted this move actually, about six months ago. Their current location is a hole-in-the -wall. It was their first store. Now that they are successful, it makes sense to move the original store to a higher profile spot across the street.

Regarding The Battered Fish, they were looking for a local franchisee about six months ago, and they wanted to open up shop in the Champlain Place neighbourhood (most likely in the Champlain Plaza phase 2). I guess they weren't successful in getting an interested party for the franchise. Too bad.

There have been a number of instances where franchisors have looked for local investors because they are interested in the local market (for example Rocky Mountain Chocolates). Currently Milestone's restaurant is looking for a local franchisee. I guess nobody is interested in taking the risk. Moncton is an entrepreneurial city, but sometimes it isn't entrepreneurial enough.......

Old Posted Jun 3, 2015, 4:39 PM

According to L'Acadie Nouvelle - http://www.acadienouvelle.com/actual...eys-a-dieppe/:

1- The Dieppe Coop signed an agreement with IGA Sobeys Quebec to be their new supplier
2- Sobeys already bought the lot on the corner of Yvonne st and Dieppe Blvd where the new Sobeys was going to be built
3- Sobeys assured the Dieppe Coop they wouldn't built a second store in the area
4- But there is a requirement to be a minimum of 40,000 sq ft to qualify for an IGA Extra store and the current Dieppe Coop is only 31,500 sq ft. So they will evaluate two options:
a) expand the current Dieppe Coop or
b) Build a new store on the land Sobeys bought.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
Don Cherrys will open up in May. It will be owned and operated by the owner of the Sydney NS location. Ate at MIC on Saturday and the waiter was telling us about it.
T&T website has a story saying Don Cherry's opening is(was) scheduled for 4 PM today.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Not surprised about Goji's, I predicted this move actually, about six months ago. Their current location is a hole-in-the -wall. It was their first store. Now that they are successful, it makes sense to move the original store to a higher profile spot across the street.

Regarding The Battered Fish, they were looking for a local franchisee about six months ago, and they wanted to open up shop in the Champlain Place neighbourhood (most likely in the Champlain Plaza phase 2). I guess they weren't successful in getting an interested party for the franchise. Too bad.

There have been a number of instances where franchisors have looked for local investors because they are interested in the local market (for example Rocky Mountain Chocolates). Currently Milestone's restaurant is looking for a local franchisee. I guess nobody is interested in taking the risk. Moncton is an entrepreneurial city, but sometimes it isn't entrepreneurial enough.......
Turns out the Battered Fish might not be the only place looking to tap into the local Market... I have it under good authority that there where talks to bring in South St Burger Co. At first I thought it was the NYF in the mall re-branding, and expanding the menu to SSBC but it is not to be...

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 1:52 AM

I've noticed that there is work underway on the Route 15 westbound offramp onto Harrisville-Dieppe blvds. Looks like they are extending the deceleration lane and widening the offramp all to way to the Blvd and adding a turning lane towards Dieppe. During rush hour, this offramp is often backed-up its entire length and has cars stopped on the expressway itself waiting to exit.

There have been rumours for several years about reconfiguring the entire interchange (sorely needed really) but I guess those plans fell through and the cheaper option (adding a turning lane) was chosen...

Meanwhile, has any new development ever come about following the construction of a brand new interchange at the Scoudouc industrial park just up the road? I barely ever see anyone use this exit.... maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm starting to wonder if this project was justified. There is plenty of space in other industrial parks in the region with existing infrastructure and full highway access. Also nearby, the busiest airport in the province by far still has no full highway access.

Last edited by NBNYer; Jun 23, 2015 at 2:04 AM.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I've noticed that there is work underway on the Route 15 westbound offramp onto Harrisville-Dieppe blvds. Looks like they are extending the deceleration lane and widening the offramp all to way to the Blvd and adding a turning lane towards Dieppe. During rush hour, this offramp is often backed-up its entire length and has cars stopped on the expressway itself waiting to exit.

There have been rumours for several years about reconfiguring the entire interchange (sorely needed really) but I guess those plans fell through and the cheaper option (adding a turning lane) was chosen...

Meanwhile, has any new development ever come about following the construction of a brand new interchange at the Scoudouc industrial park just up the road? I barely ever see anyone use this exit.... maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm starting to wonder if this project was justified. There is plenty of space in other industrial parks in the region with existing infrastructure and full highway access. Also nearby, the busiest airport in the province by far still has no full highway access.
From what I've seen the Money it cost for the fix to the Scoudouc interchange would have been better spent tofix the Harrisville/Dieppe interchange... every time we drive on the highway that interchange is blocked up, and passing by the Scoudouc interchange you almost hear crickets...I've taken off that way a few time, and drove in Scoudouc to Shediac, and that Industrial Park seems almost abandoned less the vandalism...

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:

My opinion was that it was cheaper to build this than to rebuild the old road to the industrial park. It also took trucks out of the residential area in Scoudouc.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 12:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Meanwhile, has any new development ever come about following the construction of a brand new interchange at the Scoudouc industrial park just up the road? I barely ever see anyone use this exit.... maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm starting to wonder if this project was justified. There is plenty of space in other industrial parks in the region with existing infrastructure and full highway access.
The rumour at the time the interchange was being built was that a huge Wal Mart distribution centre was going to be built out there. Obviously nothing came of this......

Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 1:07 AM

There is work going on inside the strip plaza off Dieppe Blvd. where Jean Coutu is ....they have removed the doors on 4 of the units to create a large unit....and have made a ramp in the rear....perhaps the speculation of Dollarama may be true. The lot right next door has been fenced off looks like some construction is planned.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 1:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrivernb View Post
There is work going on inside the strip plaza off Dieppe Blvd. where Jean Coutu is ....they have removed the doors on 4 of the units to create a large unit....and have made a ramp in the rear....perhaps the speculation of Dollarama may be true. The lot right next door has been fenced off looks like some construction is planned.
Both Dollarama, and Giant Tiger are supposedly going to going somewhere in Dieppe there are now Rumors that Dollarama is going to That JC strip, and that Giant Tiger will either take over the old Coop if Sobeys chooses to expand it, and move it across the road. or build a brand new store...

Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 3:37 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The new Starbucks on Champlain Street opens tomorrow.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2015, 3:20 AM

It turns out that Sears has no actual plans other then vacating the building of the original lease holder, and sub lease holders, and turning the building back into a single tenant building as was there plan all along after the Sears garage shut down...

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
It turns out that Sears has no actual plans other then vacating the building of the original lease holder, and sub lease holders, and turning the building back into a single tenant building as was there plan all along after the Sears garage shut down...
Any thoughts to what the single tenant will be?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrivernb View Post
Any thoughts to what the single tenant will be?
Sears are keeping there lips sealed if anyone has put in an offer but there might have been a few people sniffing about for a large single tenant building. A large portion of Dieppe residents seem to be walking distance to Champlain mall area, and some have asked if Giant Tiger would not consider being near the mall instead of out on Dieppe Blvd. if they do get a location out there. Not sure they would tho since Giant Tigers plans where said to be expansion in both the adding of stores, and finding larger spaces to build there stores. I know of a few local business owner who might have made inquiries on lease agreement with Sears. Since it has been confirmed that Sears Canada is the owner of said lot.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 11:28 AM
real estate blogger

47 Rue Champlain, Dieppe

Fact check - Service New Brunswick records show a transfer of ownership in 47 Champlain (Sears mall and retail) in January, 2015 for 17.5 million.
(note: transferee was Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited)

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monctonian View Post
Fact check - Service New Brunswick records show a transfer of ownership in 47 Champlain (Sears mall and retail) in January, 2015 for 17.5 million.
(note: transferee was Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited)
If Cadillac Fairview Purchased back the land they sold to Sears Canada why would Sears Canada be doing the evicting, and not Cadillac Fairview Corporation? That makes no sense, and while we are at it I was going based on the information given by all parties involved meaning the Tenants, and Sears Canada... I don't have Land Deed records at my finger tips I'm not a realtor... But I will say Realtors don't seem to have access to the information all the time either.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces