HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 7:46 PM

Yes, downtown Montreal is getting ready for 10 new major projects approved by the city and announced this morning. A number of interesting projects on long neglected sites that needed high density.

Le Peterson on rue de la Concorde is named in honor of Oscar Peterson, the jazz pianist and native son will be a 34 story tower in the style of Aqua in Chicago. The small lot is close the Place des Festivals in the Quartier des Spectacles. A lot of buzz in the area for new buildings either being built or in the planning stages. Bleury street is the epicenter of this building spree. Developers are working on a building design for a 30 some odd story mixed use tower on the corner of Ste-Catherine street where the old Spectrum theatre used to be.

SNC-Lavalin's world headquarters is also up for the addition of a second larger tower on its lot on René-Lévesque and Bleury. Across the street from it, a new project by Point Zero, the fashion garment companyHQ to rehab two towers as hotel/condos. Diagonally across the SNC-Lavalin HQ's lot is the new Marriott Courtyard hotel and apartment (rentals) tower being built. That is a 40 story bldg.

The Roccabella is a 2x 35 story condo project on René-Lévesque and a little further on the same will appear a 35 to 40 story mixed use on the ilot Overdale. Another interesting proposal is the Ogilvy department store extension of its circa1866 building with a condo and hotel mixed use tower of 16 stories.

Cadillac Fairview also has a Kohn Pedersen Fox designed 27 floor tower on its Windsor Station property approved.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 6:23 AM

I've only been project-trolling for a year now. Does anyone have a general idea of how long it takes before projects are shovel-ready (or digging) after announcements such as these? Any estimates on what % of projects actually materialize?

After I was done wiping the drool off my desk I kind of had a moment of prudent reflexion

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 5:45 PM

It really depends on market conditions, financing, bureaucratic hurdles - essentially a whole host of factors that make that time very unique for each case. In Montreal, maybe 30 - 40% of the proposals ever get built, and when they do happen it can take anywhere between months to say five years for shovels to hit the ground. In the current conditions, however, I think most of these will in fact happen, and if the condo booms in the rest of the country fueled by these interest rates are any indication, the developers will be moving as fast as possible to take advantage of this market.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 11:40 AM
Website Manager

The area just south of the Le 1250 Blvd. tower is really going to change in the next few years with seven towers proposed.

Map - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/map...us=1&height=53

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 4:56 PM

9 actually. Le Drummond will have 21 and 23 storeys. The twin will be build on Drummond on a parking lot north of the Sheraton Hotel.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 5:40 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc View Post
The area just south of the Le 1250 Blvd. tower is really going to change in the next few years with seven towers proposed.

Map - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/map...us=1&height=53
Hey this interactive map is really great! Its going to be even greater once the drummond towers get put on, as well as the overdale 40 storey tower (In between Mackay and Lucien l'allier on Rene-Levesque).

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 12:57 PM

Luz Condos (Côte-des-neiges)

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 1:24 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montréaliste View Post
Yes, downtown Montreal is getting ready for 10 new major projects approved by the city and announced this morning. A number of interesting projects on long neglected sites that needed high density.

Le Peterson on rue de la Concorde is named in honor of Oscar Peterson, the jazz pianist and native son will be a 34 story tower in the style of Aqua in Chicago. The small lot is close the Place des Festivals in the Quartier des Spectacles. A lot of buzz in the area for new buildings either being built or in the planning stages. Bleury street is the epicenter of this building spree. Developers are working on a building design for a 30 some odd story mixed use tower on the corner of Ste-Catherine street where the old Spectrum theatre used to be.

SNC-Lavalin's world headquarters is also up for the addition of a second larger tower on its lot on René-Lévesque and Bleury. Across the street from it, a new project by Point Zero, the fashion garment companyHQ to rehab two towers as hotel/condos. Diagonally across the SNC-Lavalin HQ's lot is the new Marriott Courtyard hotel and apartment (rentals) tower being built. That is a 40 story bldg.

The Roccabella is a 2x 35 story condo project on René-Lévesque and a little further on the same will appear a 35 to 40 story mixed use on the ilot Overdale. Another interesting proposal is the Ogilvy department store extension of its circa1866 building with a condo and hotel mixed use tower of 16 stories.

Cadillac Fairview also has a Kohn Pedersen Fox designed 27 floor tower on its Windsor Station property approved.
Outstanding. You gotta go back to the 1960s to recall this level of high rise construction in Montreal.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 5:05 AM

What's up Montreal! So many frigging developments on the first page I love it!

But tough to keep track of!!

Can someone fill me in on any new condo developments? Would love to see what's building there right now

Cheers

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 5:07 AM
Look at me!

The projects on the first page date from 2006.

Old Posted May 22, 2012, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
What's up Montreal! So many frigging developments on the first page I love it!

But tough to keep track of!!

Can someone fill me in on any new condo developments? Would love to see what's building there right now

Cheers
Well, there's the Triangle district in Côte-des-neiges that is full of new constructions: you've got Rouge condos, Luz Condos, Ma condos, condos Vue phase II an many others that you can check out! I can post photos of each if you want (i've already put one of Luz and an other one i think.. but not all of them)

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 2:30 AM
testify

yeah, it's really building out in that part of the island, the big hippodrome site should be coming up pretty shortly too. good for you guys out there!

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 5:34 PM

Yes, it's coming along nicely! Here's the project's site: http://bit.ly/Mq5ZsH

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastien View Post
Well, there's the Triangle district in Côte-des-neiges that is full of new constructions: you've got Rouge condos, Luz Condos, Ma condos, condos Vue phase II an many others that you can check out! I can post photos of each if you want (i've already put one of Luz and an other one i think.. but not all of them)
I'd really appreciate it.

I'm very interested in the condo developments in Montreal, partially because I might invest in one

Old Posted May 24, 2012, 6:12 PM

So, here's the Ma:

Rouge:

Vue:

And for my own enjoyment haha, an other vue of Luz:

Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 3:37 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Hey this interactive map is really great! Its going to be even greater once the drummond towers get put on, as well as the overdale 40 storey tower (In between Mackay and Lucien l'allier on Rene-Levesque).
The map now contains the projects you mentioned.

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/maps/?cityID=22

Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 5:35 PM
Mooderator

Took the train into Montreal this morning and snapped these.. what project is this?

and this one? I can see Altoria in the background..

Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Took the train into Montreal this morning and snapped these.. what project is this?

and this one? I can see Altoria in the background..
1) District Griffin phase 1

2) Griffix (and it's not Altoria that we see in the background but Altitude).

Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 7:57 PM
The good old days are now

The first two are District Griffin phase 1, and the third is for Griffix (there is also a crane for one of the Lowney phases in that one too.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2012, 6:30 PM

Can someone please update the diagram section?? We have yet to add the icone, roccabella, univers, peterson, and deloitte projects to the diagram. If I could figure out how to do the drawings, I would add them myself.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations