HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 9:44 PM
Cant? What do you mean?

Ok, well I was down there yesterday, and there seemed to be A LOT of crew all working away although they aren't really visable from this perspective.

As for the elevator shaft being covered, my understanding is it has something to do with safety. I don't know if it is true, I know OSHA requires temporary railings on all balconies, so I could imagine some sort of cover being necessary for any shafts not currently in use. Either to prevent people or equipment from falling in, it makes sense to me.

While I was down there, I also talked with Jack, the sales representative. He said as of yesterday, they had no more of the smallest floor plan (plan F) available, but that they had "at least a couple" of each of the other floor plans. I agree however, that the pace will pick up much more rapidly when they get to the residential floors. At that point the construction becomes much more standardized, the floor plates get smaller, and the general arrangement gets more regular.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 9:48 PM

Looking good! It's starting to have a real presence from a street level perspective.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 9:59 PM

Exclamation Did Everyone Get That?

In DJAProps discussion with Jack the sales guy, it was mentioned that "... they had no more of the smallest floor plan (plan F) available, but that they had "at least a couple" of each of the other floor plans." It sounds to me that they are close to a sell-out or at least a high percentage. That should allay our fears of a stoppage. I know its usually key that there be a decent percentage of sales on the books and a healthy interest list to proceed with a condo tower. Aren't we silly

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 10:09 PM
Cant? What do you mean?

Oh I don't know that they are close to sell out. I would say that they have a healthy sales level so far, but even with the F plan sold out (the cheapest), they could still be at only 60%. I wish I had asked about total sales numbers, but I was more interested in available selection because it is at the end of the year that many of my long time clients look at adding second homes or other investments to their holdings. I also think that this indicates the toughest time in the sales process, because at this point they have nothing left in the low end of their pricing structure which leaves them with no option but to turn away a number of people who would have bought, but just cannot get up to the next level. We shall see where the chips fall over the next year though.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 10:11 PM

Also lets remember that several units are now listed on MLS and several have been sold. I dare, no I double dare Grace Communities to stop construction at the 8th floor. Can you imagine all the pissed off buyers and potential lawsuits? Nope, this thing is going to get built. So the nay-sayers should relax, take a breath, stop nail biting and just accept the inevitablity of it.

I still think however that it won't be until at least the 15th floor before it really starts to stand out.

Last edited by CANUC; Nov 16, 2006 at 10:19 PM.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 4:32 AM

Looks like the pool on the 8th floor is starting to take shape. Proof enough that this thing is NOT stopping with the parking garage?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 10:53 AM
Desert Urbanite

^ I love this tower. I go to the gym about 4x a week (YMCA) and I always take a glance at this project to see how they are doing. I am very optimistic, and I cannot wait until it peeks above all the other buildings so you can see it from the freeway!

-Andrew

Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 4:03 PM

Even so, it sure is taking them a while to get those parking garage floors put up.

Hopefully this project will really start speeding up (i.e. hitting the floor per week pace) once they get past this section. Maybe they could get the SCS crew over there to pick up the pace a little, lol.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2006, 11:16 PM

Hmmmmm, well, they haven't updated the construction photo since the 24th... and, the hole for the elevator core seems tiny. I wonder what they are doing.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 7:59 AM

has anyone walked by to see if there is any activity at all on the site? I wonder if the developers funds have run dry?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 4:23 PM

The whole intersection is blocked off until December 24th, so I couldn't drive right past it yeserday to get a good look and I don't recall if the crane was moving. I might check again today.

Last edited by HX_Guy; Nov 29, 2006 at 4:52 PM.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 9:11 PM

I'll be by there later this evening, but the crews would be gone by then anyway...

Old Posted Dec 2, 2006, 1:04 AM

I stopped by 44 Monroe today to take some pictures, both from street level, and from the top of the parking garage to the north. Also grabbed some pizza from 4 Sons Pizza, which was pretty good.

Walking back to my car, I actually noticed someone on the balcony of the US Bank tower also taking some pictures of 44 Monroe...Soleri maybe?

Anyway, the site was pretty quiet, much quieter then the last time I was there when the crane was swinging away, trucks were pouring concrete and lots of activity. There were about 4-5 workers on the top doing some work...didn't seem like anything major though, some measuring and such.

It looked like they have poured the concrete for the floor of the 8th story, but I'm wondering what's taking so long to get the rebar for the pillars for the next floor?

Old Posted Dec 2, 2006, 2:42 AM

HX_GUY, Nice shots. Thanks for all of the updates you document for the forum!

It would relieve some of the forum ANGST if they started to move like the Summit @ Copper Square crew. Those guys have been on a tear!

Old Posted Dec 2, 2006, 6:49 AM
zzzzzzzz

Thanks for the photos. I went by there today, too, around 1:00pm (no, it wasn't me taking pics from the balcony). There was some activity, and I could hear construction sounds from inside, but no crane swinging. I'm not too worried about it, though. It is good to know that there are at least some workers on the site. I could be wrong, but I think I remember Summit having a similar slowdown at about this height before they really started going full steam again.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2006, 8:17 AM

C'mon guys, don't be so pessimistic. The contractor probably just gave the construction crew a Thanksgiving holiday. I certainly didn't think Trump was going to give up at the 50th floor when the customary two floors of golden facade weren't installed last week.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2006, 8:31 AM
zzzzzzzz

^ This is Phoenix, not Las Vegas. We are trying desperately to hang onto the three high rises we got out of this past "boom" period after being told we were getting so much more! just kidding... kind of.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2006, 6:26 PM

I sent an email to the contact on the 44Monroe to let them know that their construction cam was not working. Here's what I got as an answer:

"The first seven levels which will serve as parking have been completed. The 8th floor is underway. This floor will house the amenities. The entire structure will be complete in approximately 20 months with first move in occurring in 12 months. According to marketing the web cam updates weekly. Thanks for the inquiry. Please let me know if there's additional information you would like. Jack"

Old Posted Dec 4, 2006, 6:30 PM

That's a crock of shit, it used to update multiple times a day and now hasn't in over a week.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2006, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy
That's a crock of shit, it used to update multiple times a day and now hasn't in over a week.

My exact thoughts.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest