HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoalie View Post
Their only challenge has been financing at the moment but have said its only a matter of time before it comes together with their investors.
Oh snap! That's my only problem too. If I get financing, I am building two 100 storey buildings downtown. Is the developer's last name Stinson?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 7:39 AM

i just got back out to alberta today and had to work so i haven't had time to find out any more information but from what i have heard it is starting to move forward, the only major hurdle is going to be to get Farhi on board with a fair contract for both sides, he's stated he's always looking to develop, but is a treat to deal with business wise.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 1:52 PM

No offence intended but is this something your friend is seriously pursuing or is it just a hypothetical vision?

Not that I don't think the development is plausible (I really do think the market is there for such a development) but it surprises me that a developer from Alberta would have any interest in downtown London.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 9:22 PM

as I said before I haven't been able to get time to get more of the info about what they are trying to do but i do know there has been talk out west, both alberta and BC about developing in Ontario, mainly outside of Toronto. They are seeing potential in the smaller markets because of the mass direction towards the GTA and barely any in the small markets like london and KW. Most of this has come to light because of the success of the Tricar development recently, but if I am able to pull together more info I will be sure to post it.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 9:23 PM

IIRC didnt fazdeh mention something olong the lines of this in the same general area so this might have some ground

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 12:16 AM

What is Fazdeh?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 2:03 AM

hes a forumer here he mentiond a development with details along the same lines as biggoalie

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky212 View Post
IIRC didnt fazdeh mention something olong the lines of this in the same general area so this might have some ground
What's a Fazdeh hahaha. I guess I need to post more often. The developers I spoke of, 2 were local(ish) one was international. So different developers, but it shows that the area is definitely the focus of interested parties all over.

An update on the aformentioned potential development, ironically considering the convo about investment, they too are looking for more financing, without going too much into detail about my personal relationships with the developers, I know they are on the right track, but it's been suggested that the project would be scaled back abit, at the very least the hotel would be. Still waiting and hoping to hear more. I promise guys and girls, when I know, you'll know.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 5:20 AM
Sanity merchant

Cool

Burj Khalifa London Ontario anyone?

BacKLOw sounds nice?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazDeH View Post
What's a Fazdeh hahaha. I guess I need to post more often. The developers I spoke of, 2 were local(ish) one was international. So different developers, but it shows that the area is definitely the focus of interested parties all over.

An update on the aformentioned potential development, ironically considering the convo about investment, they too are looking for more financing, without going too much into detail about my personal relationships with the developers, I know they are on the right track, but it's been suggested that the project would be scaled back abit, at the very least the hotel would be. Still waiting and hoping to hear more. I promise guys and girls, when I know, you'll know.
Won't make that mistake again. I need to get to know the forumers here better.

On topic: the Ridout/Fuller/Talbot/Queen block (I think that's the site we're talking about) is such a prime location that I can only hope whoever eventually builds on it gives us a quality development that takes full advantage of all four streets. No stucco, no above-ground parking, and, most of all, street-level businesses.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 12:26 PM
The Vomit Bag.

no stucco. This is my mantra.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates