HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 1:52 AM

^ Nice. Replaces 2 one-story, mid-century houses (albeit one has been converted to commercial). I'm really liking what UDP has been doing for Division. I'm not a fan of the current obviously-designed-on-computer architecture movement, kinda' reminds me of Tetris blocks, but definitely welcome in my opinion.

As for the Weird Bar location (Division & 37th), I haven't seen a rendering, but the density and bike parking is welcome as well (I live in the neighborhood).

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 3:28 AM
9-7-2oh1-!

420 to 570 square feet is an excellent size for a studio, especially if the space is laid out well. My current loft is 580 square feet, and it's awesome, size wise, but my previous lofts actually felt bigger even though they were 515 sq/ft and 480 sq/ft. It's all about the windows and the shape of the space.

Something else to keep in mind: smaller spaces are far more likely to attract urbanites who choose to live car-free. I'm one of them.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
420 to 570 square feet is an excellent size for a studio, especially if the space is laid out well. My current loft is 580 square feet, and it's awesome, size wise, but my previous lofts actually felt bigger even though they were 515 sq/ft and 480 sq/ft. It's all about the windows and the shape of the space.

Something else to keep in mind: smaller spaces are far more likely to attract urbanites who choose to live car-free. I'm one of them.
I had 380 sqft in San Diego, and it wasn't that bad. It would have been nice to have more, but for the price in the neighborhood I can't complain too much.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 2:53 AM

Apartments on SE Division, right next to Whiskey Soda Lounge and across from Pok-Pok.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 5:39 PM

Developers plan ‘D Street Village’ for Southeast Division Street
POSTED: Friday, April 20, 2012 at 02:50 PM PT
Daily Journal of Commerce
BY: Lee Fehrenbacher

http://djcoregon.com/news/2012/04/20...vision-street/

Quote:
A development team is planning to breathe new life into a vacant retail building and its surrounding neighborhood on Southeast Division Street. And in order to be successful, the group is seeking to differentiate its project from others in the area, as well as address residents’ concerns about traffic congestion.

Green Light Development and Capstone Partners LLC hope to break ground this fall on the first phase of a $12 million development project called the D Street Village around Southeast 31st Avenue and Southeast Division Street.

In the first phase, a former Wild Oats grocery store, approximately 20,000 square feet and vacant since 2006, would be converted into small business offices and retail spaces. In the second phase, two four-story, mixed-use buildings – with a total of 75 apartments – would be constructed. Richard Brown Architect is working on the first phase and STACK Architecture is working on the second.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 5:41 PM

http://d-streetvillage.com/

D-Street Village

D-Street Village is a two-phased project on and around SE Division Street and SE 31st in Portland, Oregon.

Come Join Us…

We plan on presenting information about the project to the Richmond Neighborhood Association on Monday, April 9th, 2012, at 7:00pm. The meeting will be at the Waverly Heights Congregational Church at 3300 SE Woodward St.

The first phase of the project will be the adaptive re-use of the former Wild Oats grocery store that has been vacant since 2006. Our vision is to transform the empty building into a thriving community asset with great retail stores, restaurants, and creative office suites. The building will have internal public spaces, thick exposed beams, exposed trusses, large new windows, and an outdoor patio area.

The second phase of the project will be two, four story mixed-use apartment buildings with ground floor retail on the surface parking lots directly to the east of the former Wild Oats grocery store and across Division Street where the D-Street Noshery Food Carts are currently. We, along with our neighbors, are sad that the carts will be leaving. The good news is that D-Street Noshery Food Carts plan to stay open until late Fall 2012.

Timing:

Work will start on the adaptive re-use portion of the project (Phase 1) in late 2012. Construction should last about 6 months. The new mixed-use buildings (Phase 2) have not been conceptually designed yet nor do we know exactly when we will start building. When we have a better idea of schedule, we’ll let you know. Construction on these buildings should last about 10 months.

Parking:

We know that it is important to our neighbors that new projects in the neighborhood have off-street parking. The good news is that we plan to incorporate parking into our Phase 2 development. This parking will be shared between office, retail, and residential tenants in both phases of D-Street Village.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 2:27 AM

Looks like Stack Architecture is going to have quite a presence on Division soon with Reliable Parts, Move the House and now an additional two D-Street buildings.

Division is definitely getting a lot of attention lately with all the new construction, start-ups, and media buzz.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 12:15 AM

The pok-pok apartments on Division, updated from 4-28-2012:

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 4:41 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

Site prep work has started. Site is fenced with construction signs, excavators are on site and are clearing the vegetation.

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2012...housing-counci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_jt View Post
More info on the Senior Housing development on SE Burnside...

Church to build senior housing on parking lot in Southeast Portland
POSTED: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 09:57 AM PT
Daily Journal of Commerce Oregon
BY: Angela Webber

Rendering by KTGY Group

Rendering by KTGY Group

"Burnside Living, a 132-unit senior living community, is being developed by the Foursquare Foundation of Los Angeles. The project is part of a move by the church to develop some of its underused property into senior housing. KTGY Group Inc. has worked with the church before, and is looking forward to the $29 million Portland project, principal Manny Gonzalez said..."

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 2:38 AM

I was wondering when this was going to get started. This development will really change the nature of that block - walking up Burnside from Le Pigeon toward Old Wives Tales will be much more contiguous. Right now, walking across Sandy feels like a no man's land.

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 11:36 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

Construction started on Sandy & Burnside/12th

taken a few days ago

today's pic

pictures taken by me

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 3:40 PM

Another rendering of the 12th and Burnside project:

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 5:50 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

I still think they tried too hard to make this building look design-y, but, the fact that this is at such a busy intersection makes me appreciate the rooftop garden space even more. It'd be fabulous anywhere... but here? It's even more so.

Rendering by KTGY Group

Assuming that actually IS rooftop garden space, all I can say is Yay. I love the contrast of having a quiet little urban oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle.

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 6:01 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw something about a rooftop terrace on this project, so that's probably it. I think it'll end up being something nice. Definitely better than a parking lot.

Old Posted May 22, 2012, 8:07 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

Update on 12th and Burnside:

Update on SE 20th and Morrison:

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 1:26 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

More updates.

12th and Burnside (form today):

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 1:33 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

20th and Morrison (update today):

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 2:53 AM
Karma Police

What's going up at 20th and Morrison?

Oh, and great pics BTW.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 6:38 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65MAX View Post
What's going up at 20th and Morrison?

Oh, and great pics BTW.
71 unit apartment

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/...-71-apartments

pix from the mercury

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 11:45 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

They're building two different buildings there? That's a strange combination. Although I wish the brick one had more balconies, all in all, it's not bad. The blueish building is one big meh.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland