HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 6:42 AM

Boise: 8th & Main Tower/Zions Bank Idaho HQ: 323' and 18 Floors

Progress as of December 11th:

Level 1-2: Retail
Level 3-5: Parking
Level 6-16: Office Space
Level 17: "Founders Room" available to the public for meetings and receptions
Level 18 Mechanical Penthouse
Planned Occupants: Zions Bank, Gardner Company, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, the Holland & Hart law firm, the Idaho Technology Council, First American Title and CTA Architects Engineers...

Info:
This will be the new home for the Zions Bank Headquarters of Idaho, and the Gardner Company which is a real estate company based in Salt Lake City with a regional office in Meridian, ID. Other Occupants of this building are planned, but are unknown at this time. This Building will include 253,000 square feet of retail and office space along with 183 parking spaces connected to an already 396 stall parking garage. other features include: an onsite Health club, 5 high-speed traction elevators, Second floor plaza space with an 8th street Balcony.

Articles:
http://www.ktvb.com/home/Developers-...130128033.html
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/0...#ixzz1Ywh2tYAJ
http://www.ktvb.com/news/business/Bo...130532233.html
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/1...ylink=misearch
Owner and Developer's Website:
http://www.gardnercompany.net/commer...ial/8thandmain

Last edited by Hawk; Jul 8, 2014 at 8:15 AM. Reason: Updated Photo

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 6:50 AM
The Drifter

Where are the Pictures and news articles? Please post all relevant data, not just I want to start a thread for such and such.

EDIT: Calm down...he added pictures and website info.

Last edited by Cottonwood; Jan 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 7:08 AM
BANNED

Here is something that i find really interesting .

Utah developers aware of the skepticism over Boise's Downtown 'hole'

BY CYNTHIA SEWELL - cmsewell@idahostatesman.com
Copyright: © 2011 Idaho Statesman
Published: 09/25/11

“Boise is a jewel,” Gardner said. “I know that this is an important building for Boise right now. Filling up that hole will do a lot to restore confidence.”

Since unveiling the project last Monday, response from people interested in becoming tenants has been “phenomenal,” Ahlquist said.
“I’m worried we are not going to have enough space,” he said. More floors may be added to the proposed building.

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/0...#ixzz1Ywh2tYAJ

Last edited by Saturnfromboise; Sep 25, 2011 at 7:11 AM. Reason: included copyright and whatnot

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
Where are the Pictures and news articles? Please post all relevant data, not just I want to start a thread for such and such.
Be patient StevenF, I will be updating the thread tomorrow. It's 1:45am and I'm exhausted.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnfromboise View Post
Here is something that i find really interesting .

Utah developers aware of the skepticism over Boise's Downtown 'hole'

BY CYNTHIA SEWELL - cmsewell@idahostatesman.com
Copyright: © 2011 Idaho Statesman
Published: 09/25/11

“Boise is a jewel,” Gardner said. “I know that this is an important building for Boise right now. Filling up that hole will do a lot to restore confidence.”

Since unveiling the project last Monday, response from people interested in becoming tenants has been “phenomenal,” Ahlquist said.
“I’m worried we are not going to have enough space,” he said. More floors may be added to the proposed building.

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/0...#ixzz1Ywh2tYAJ
Hmmm, potential new tallest ?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 4:30 PM
not a cynic

Ok, we're fragmenting the forum again and getting too many threads. It's only a matter of time before the Denver, Phoenix and SLC forumers start raising a ruckus, again. Hawk you weren't here for the big blow up a couple of years ago because of thread proliferation.

Zion's Bank project and Jump for that matter belong in the main Boise Development Thread.

Cottonwood, Cirrus--- How about a ruling?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Hmmm, potential new tallest ?
It's possible if they get a lot of people wanting to become occupants of the building. Although, I'm kind of worried that if they add more floors to this already 70 million dollar building that It'll end up Being like the Boise Tower because of the cost.

Last edited by Hawk; Sep 25, 2011 at 6:46 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
It's possible if they get a lot of people wanting to become occupants of the building. Although, I'm kind of worried that if they add more floors to this already 70 million dollar building that It'll end up Being like the Boise Tower because of the cost.
Different funding.

My best guess is that he wouldn't have said anything in the paper if it wasn't a viable option. Get this thing to 20 floors and make it the new tallest.

Kick start the valley.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 7:26 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

A few photos at the corner of 8th and Main

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 7:32 PM

Thank you for the pictures Sawtooth!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post

I love this pic, with the "Rusty Art" banner at the bottom...

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 8:34 PM
Bring out the cranes...

I remember driving by there a few months ago when I was in Boise. Now that was the old site where Boise Tower would of gone.....Right? Glad to see a new project in the works. We have Zions Banks here in Utah. They just got finish building a nice 8-story building in Provo. And then there was the re-skin of the old 19-story Gateway East Tower in Salt Lake that looks alot nicer now.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
This will be the new home for the Zions Bank Headquarters of Idaho, and the Gardner Company which is an a real estate company based in Meridian.
Not to be too nitpicky, but the Gardner company is based in Salt Lake City with a regional office in Idaho.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 4:14 AM
Always running Late

this should be a 20-25 story building.. lets hope the demand for space remains strong and convinces them to add 5-10 floors.. we just might get a new tallest

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
Ok, we're fragmenting the forum again and getting too many threads. It's only a matter of time before the Denver, Phoenix and SLC forumers start raising a ruckus, again. Hawk you weren't here for the big blow up a couple of years ago because of thread proliferation.

Zion's Bank project and Jump for that matter belong in the main Boise Development Thread.

Cottonwood, Cirrus--- How about a ruling?
I think this thread is fine given the history of the hole, and that in the past we had threads for both towers that previously failed. This is a big project and finally/hopefully the one that completes the hole drama. Time will tell if this thread remains popular or if the discussion moves to the main Boise thread. I do feel that when Whole Foods begins construction this fall that the discussion should remain in the main Boise thread. I did a quick look and Boise/ID has less threads that have been active since the end of July than UT or CO, and UT has the most threads, so I don't think we need to worry about the thread count at this point. The JUMP thread is old and has been quiet so maybe once it starts construction we can retire the current JUMP thread.

Hawk, possibly you could put together info and pictures of the history of the site from the burned down building to the present (or even go back far enough in time when the hotel used to be there)....and maybe add it to the first post.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 4:16 PM
not a cynic

Thanks for the input Cottonwood. 8th and Main certainly is the #1 undeveloped lot in all of Boise and sure everyone is excited, but how much of the excitement is just a result of media hype? I don't recall Banner Bank or The Aspen getting their own threads. Just saying, it's really no big deal.

BtW, I can't believe I just noticed this, but what happened to Phoenix?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
Thanks for the input Cottonwood. 8th and Main certainly is the #1 undeveloped lot in all of Boise and sure everyone is excited, but how much of the excitement is just a result of media hype? I don't recall Banner Bank or The Aspen getting their own threads. Just saying, it's really no big deal.

BtW, I can't believe I just noticed this, but what happened to Phoenix?
Phoenix was moved to the SW threads.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
I think this thread is fine given the history of the hole, and that in the past we had threads for both towers that previously failed. This is a big project and finally/hopefully the one that completes the hole drama. Time will tell if this thread remains popular or if the discussion moves to the main Boise thread. I do feel that when Whole Foods begins construction this fall that the discussion should remain in the main Boise thread. I did a quick look and Boise/ID has less threads that have been active since the end of July than UT or CO, and UT has the most threads, so I don't think we need to worry about the thread count at this point. The JUMP thread is old and has been quiet so maybe once it starts construction we can retire the current JUMP thread.

Hawk, possibly you could put together info and pictures of the history of the site from the burned down building to the present (or even go back far enough in time when the hotel used to be there)....and maybe add it to the first post.
That's a good idea! I will do some research and find some pictures.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 6:29 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
That is a very nice looking building, and should fit in well with Boise's skyline, and I should mention not bad considering the current market conditions. Well done Boise.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2011, 5:29 AM

This proposal seems legitimate and well-funded (from what I've read on their website). I'm thinking the hole will finally be filled!

Hopefully this will spark development on top of the parking garage across 8th.

I'm excited how dense this project will make Main St.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West