HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:37 PM

Really, what is the point of having a list of approved street names if developers are allowed to name their own streets? Green Water Drive, Green Creek Road, Green Water Road, Green Marsh Cres.... That is all one big green mess in the SE.

The city planted 4 trees over the weekend in Victoria Park to replace 7 that had died of natural causes. Funding from the Canada 150 fund. Anyone know why they opted for more elms when those are known to be susceptible to Dutch Elm? It's not like all the trees that had died were elms.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
Really, what is the point of having a list of approved street names if developers are allowed to name their own streets? Green Water Drive, Green Creek Road, Green Water Road, Green Marsh Cres.... That is all one big green mess in the SE.

The city planted 4 trees over the weekend in Victoria Park to replace 7 that had died of natural causes. Funding from the Canada 150 fund. Anyone know why they opted for more elms when those are known to be susceptible to Dutch Elm? It's not like all the trees that had died were elms.
The City still plants elms but tries to be much more bio-diverse. Also I believe new varieties have more resistance to DED.

Old Posted Today, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post

Just my five cents here, but I want to mention that there has been a Marsh Crescent in Whitmore Park for 58 years (I grew up on that street). Now we also have a Green Marsh Crescent too. At least the street numbers are different, but nonetheless it is stupid, IMO.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan