HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Regarding MCS Sanitation, here are a couple of photos from their Facebook page showing their new building currently under construction.

This was originally supposed to have been built in the new expansion to the Caledonia Industrial Park on the south side of the TCH. This is now being built on Benjamin Street in the Dieppe Industrial Park, backing on the eastbound lanes of Highway 15.

On Benjamin. So is this supposed to be the building going in behind the Valley Glass Recycling Ltd, or is this the one behind the Metaltech.

Also what is supposed to be built on the other side if anyone knows?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Does anyone have any links to web site for Dieppe's Horizon Place?

I'm surprised they haven't released any rental, lease, condo presale information yet.
Looks like I found my answer... http://www.sira.nb.ca/en/

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 3:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Horizon Place - current status:

The building is (finally) nearly completely topped off. I imagine there will be a race to get the building as weatherproofed as possible before winter sets in.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Horizon Place - current status:

The building is (finally) nearly completely topped off. I imagine there will be a race to get the building as weatherproofed as possible before winter sets in.
Making my way back home tonight, and there was still quite a bit of Noise coming from the site. I think they might be putting in extra hours as Winter approaches.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2017, 6:06 PM

Also heard that Ralley Motors has purchased them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_5 View Post
Atlantic Motoplex is undergoing a significant expansion.
It looks like they are doubling in size.
Here is a photo of their location on Champlain st.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 12:50 PM

Acadie Nouvelle is reporting that the town of Dieppe is planning on building artificial sports fields behind CCNB and Mathieu Martin. The project is worth $4.5 million and appears to involve 3 fields that will be used for soccer, football and rugby.
I that Soccer NB has mandated that all AAA level teams must play on artificial fields by 2019 so this is something that needed to be done if they wanted to continue to participate at that level. It will also allow MM football to play their home games in Dieppe rather than at Rocky Stone. This project was delayed as money that was set aside for this project was used to build the skating oval behind town hall.

Article found here

Old Posted Oct 22, 2017, 10:31 PM

I was able to find this spot which is within the rules of DOT. Sears parking lot after Sunday closing.

Sorry for the grainy pic. I had to do some cropping to get something decent.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 3:36 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Nice aerial perspective. Thanks!

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 2:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Lots happening on Dieppe Blvd south these days.

1) - the roundabout at the Dieppe Blvd/Melanson Rd intersection is now complete
2) - paving is occurring on the Dieppe Blvd extension leading past the fire station to the new school. Curbing is complete and sod is being installed.
3) - the school itself is rapidly being constructed.
4) - there is a new road heading eastward from the Dieppe Blvd extension between the fire station and the school. This is curbed and will soon be paved
5) - there is a new five storey brick apartment building under construction on Dieppe Blvd just south of the Fox Creek Golf Cub. The render on the sign looks very nice.

It wasn't convenient for me to stop and take any pictures today. Maybe I'll wander over and try on the weekend.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 7:03 PM

Quote:

2) - paving is occurring on the Dieppe Blvd extension leading past the fire station to the new school. Curbing is complete and sod is being installed.
4) - there is a new road heading eastward from the Dieppe Blvd extension between the fire station and the school. This is curbed and will soon be paved
5) - there is a new five storey brick apartment building under construction on Dieppe Blvd just south of the Fox Creek Golf Cub. The render on the sign looks very nice.

It wasn't convenient for me to stop and take any pictures today. Maybe I'll wander over and try on the weekend.
It seems to be a very busy area with all the construction in the area, can't forget all who live in the area, and those who just want to see progress. Is the area still accessible like when they built The Killam/Collishaw Roundabout? We drive out that way once to twice a week but never make it right to the construction zone.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
It seems to be a very busy area with all the construction in the area, can't forget all who live in the area, and those who just want to see progress. Is the area still accessible like when they built The Killam/Collishaw Roundabout? We drive out that way once to twice a week but never make it right to the construction zone.
I live smack dab in the middle and I can tell you the detours etc. this season have easily been the worst in the almost 15 years I've lived in Dieppe. There were some days where it was easier to take the TCH out to the Scoudouc exit and come in through the old airport way because traffic was so bad. Some days traffic was backed up from Chartersville to Bass Pro. Also backed up from Dieppe Boulevard past the Kent on the other side of Route 15. a 20 minute drive home was routinely over an hour.

I'm not sure who the construction crew is responsible for the Fox Creek work but it's a miracle that no one has been seriously injured or killed there this summer. Most inept work crew I have ever seen. Constantly placing both themselves and motorists in dangerous scenarios all summer. I had to call multiple times because the workers would leave for the day and leave the road at one lane on a blind hill. Flagmen/women always sending traffic through at the same time meeting head on with no where to go, workers on phones walking right out into traffic without not even a glance. It's been a mess. And they still aren't done - it's not hard to see why.

Anyways, end rant. I have tons of stories about those clowns but at the end of the day the work was badly needed and will be a much needed improvement when it's all complete. With this construction season and the marsh being completed last year I can't see too many real big road projects needing major attention in the immediate future.

The marsh, Gauvin, Thomas, Dieppe Blvd, Fox Creek, Amirault, Champlain have all been upgraded significantly in the last 3 yrs. That's a significant chunk of infrastructure.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 7:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This project was officially announced months ago, but I don't think there has ever been a comprehensive post on the subject:

Dieppe Intergenerational Community Complex

- Essentially a replacement for the old Centennial Arena, but with two ice surfaces and a whole lot more!

The vision of the intergenerational community complex is to provide the community with a meeting place focused on health, wellness and physical activity. Our purpose for this project is to enrich community living in our region and be able to accommodate large-scale sports, cultural and commercial activities. This unique project gathers people of all ages to fulfill one main objective: to be active in their own community!

The complex will feature an indoor walking track, a community kitchen, an intergenerational greenhouse, community rooms which can accommodate up to 150 people for various events and activities such a dance classes, a primary ice surface with 1,104 seats, and a secondary ice surface with 324 seats. These components will provide a variety of activities for all age groups, as well as fulfilling several objectives contained in the City of Dieppe and the Province of New Brunswick's Wellness Strategy.

Although we will count on active participation from our community, this $29 million-dollar project cannot solely be put on the shoulders of our residents. Therefore, a diversified and balanced funding strategy has been developed.

Fundraising Campaign $ 4.5M
City of Dieppe $ 5.5M
Government of New Brunswick $ 9.5M
Government of Canada $ 9.5M

The intergenerational community complex will be built on the land adjacent to the Centennial arena. The municipality already owns this nine-hectare piece of land and the topography of the land lends itself well to the construction of the complex. Fortunately, the land is large enough to accommodate other infrastructure projects that may come to fruition down the road.

Construction of the Intergenerational Community Complex is expected to begin in the spring of 2018 and the official opening is scheduled for the fall of 2019.

EDIT - NBNYer posted the renders above about six months ago. I just forgot about them. The additional information however fleshes out the project a bit......

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 26, 2017 at 12:52 AM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 1:00 PM

Is there anywhere that says what will happen to the land the Centennial is on after the new complex opens? Will it become parking? green space? Will there be room to put some sports fields back in? The tennis courts are staying as far as I know.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 2:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
Is there anywhere that says what will happen to the land the Centennial is on after the new complex opens? Will it become parking? green space? Will there be room to put some sports fields back in? The tennis courts are staying as far as I know.
No. The old arena will certainly be torn down and the land rehabilitated, but I am not aware of any specific plans for the site.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 3:02 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:

I took a couple of pictures of the new apartment building under construction on the west side of Dieppe Blvd, just south of the Fox Creek Golf Course today:

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 8:35 PM

Quote:
I took a couple of pictures of the new apartment building under construction on the west side of Dieppe Blvd, just south of the Fox Creek Golf Course today:

Imagine now if they built that right in their downtown, that would fit perfectly with the new construction that’s been built in the past year.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 9:48 PM

Tim Hortons/Wendy's on Paul Street looking at new renovations The signs are off, and scalfolding seems to be up on all sides. Hope they are not planing on doing the same as the Tim's/Wendy's in Shediac, and turn both sides into Tim's

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Tim Hortons/Wendy's on Paul Street looking at new renovations The signs are off, and scalfolding seems to be up on all sides. Hope they are not planing on doing the same as the Tim's/Wendy's in Shediac, and turn both sides into Tim's
They renovated the one in Summerside, and it has both, so there is hope.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
They renovated the one in Summerside, and it has both, so there is hope.
That's right. I should have remembered that. It seems they pulled a McDonald's.

The seats, Fireplace, and TV's do resemble McDonald's Renovations I mean.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 7:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Yet more expansion plans for a metro car dealership.

BMW/Mini Moncton have recently bought the land to the east of the dealership (next to the railway crossing over rte 15) to expand their outdoor display lot. The next step will be a $1.6M expansion to the building itself, that will allow creation of a larger showroom and an addition to the auto service and repair space.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces