HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallerIsBetter View Post
If you look at the March 22 link by GreatTallNorth2 to two pdfs, you see a more detailed timeline that states Phase 2 starts October of 2018 (and overlaps Phase 1) and ends Jan 1, 2021.

If the initial foundation is done as part of Phase 1, then this start date for Phase 2 might mean when it starts to go up from ground level, or maybe even from the level of the top of Phase 1?

Maybe a year to top out (late 2019)??
Those pdf's do not work for me for some reason, that said your thinking makes the most sense to me. I am sure another big part of starting phase 2 will be them seeing how quickly Tricar's tower sells out. I would guarantee if that Tower sells out quick they will certainly want to build quicker.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 12:23 AM

Speaking of which what percentage have they sold? Haven't see anything and they are usually up front with marketing with info like 40, 60, 80% sold.

What percentage are they at?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Speaking of which what percentage have they sold? Haven't see anything and they are usually up front with marketing with info like 40, 60, 80% sold.

What percentage are they at?
Isn't this a rental? I thought they said from the start it was, which would make even more sense as to why we haven't seen marketing for the building outside of the media coverage, and why its in stages set to start after each finishes.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 2:27 AM

Tricar's Azure tower is a condo -

http://www.tricar.com/condos/azure-condominiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoalie View Post
Isn't this a rental? I thought they said from the start it was, which would make even more sense as to why we haven't seen marketing for the building outside of the media coverage, and why its in stages set to start after each finishes.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 6:02 AM

Quote:
Tricar's Azure tower is a condo -

http://www.tricar.com/condos/azure-condominiums
yes, but what does that have to do with this project??

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 6:52 PM

Quote:
yes, but what does that have to do with this project??
Because we were speculating that based on the Tricar Azure condo sales it could/would speed up the start time of this project. I would imagine if Tricar came out and said they were sold out (before the building was finished) that would be a pretty significant indicator that the market is in need of more space which this tower could provide .

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
Because we were speculating that based on the Tricar Azure condo sales it could/would speed up the start time of this project. I would imagine if Tricar came out and said they were sold out (before the building was finished) that would be a pretty significant indicator that the market is in need of more space which this tower could provide .
My initial comment was about whether it was condo's or a rental. Tricar's building selling out wouldn't effect a rental as much as if its a condo. No where in what i had read was it referenced as condo's, which no one is pointing out something different. If it were going to be condo's something by now would have been posted about registering or presales if they plan to start construction this year.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 8:59 PM

Quote:
My initial comment was about whether it was condo's or a rental. Tricar's building selling out wouldn't effect a rental as much as if its a condo. No where in what i had read was it referenced as condo's, which no one is pointing out something different. If it were going to be condo's something by now would have been posted about registering or presales if they plan to start construction this year.
I think there was some confusion about which tower you were referring to initially.

To be honest I do not think it has ever been stated what the Rygar proposal is, I quickly checked the documents and could not find reference to rental or condo. I assume they are condo's but that is based on nothing.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 10:47 AM

Rygar is putting pressure on City for funding the excavation of their project.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/04/17/cl...ers-rygar-says

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Rygar is putting pressure on City for funding the excavation of their project.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/04/17/cl...ers-rygar-says
The city needs to find a way to have better dialogue between city officials and developers. They shouldn't be going back and forth like this in the media. Its ridiculous. This happens with almost every project. Then the Lfpress stirs the pot even more and gives mixed messages out. It also shouldn't take as long as it does for city officials to make up there mind when information is in front of them.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 2:53 PM

This is politics at its worst. Study after study, taxpayer on the hook. It is what it is. If someone is at fault, make them pay for it. Make a business plan with all the best options, quickly vote on it and move on. Learn from past mistakes, update policy so mistakes are not repeated in the future. Move on...

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserLDN View Post
The city needs to find a way to have better dialogue between city officials and developers. They shouldn't be going back and forth like this in the media. Its ridiculous. This happens with almost every project. Then the Lfpress stirs the pot even more and gives mixed messages out. It also shouldn't take as long as it does for city officials to make up there mind when information is in front of them.
I agree, to me this seems like a simple scenario. There is a fund available to cover these types of situations between the city/land/etc. I am not sure what the problem is really and more importantly as you say why is this being discussed in the media?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 7:18 PM

LFP has nothing better to do. They have to create a problem to talk about it, otherwise they go bankrupt.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
I think there was some confusion about which tower you were referring to initially.

To be honest I do not think it has ever been stated what the Rygar proposal is, I quickly checked the documents and could not find reference to rental or condo. I assume they are condo's but that is based on nothing.
Finally referenced as apartment towers in the latest LFP article. While the LFP may not be the best source to go on, it's the only one I've saw stating one way or the other. And the fact no presales have been suggested or advertised anywhere by the company, I'd assume they are apartments.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 1:34 AM

City Council approved the funding for brownfield cleanup of soils for the excavation last nite.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 4:18 PM
Londoner

That is great News!!! This project will change the skyline of London Ontario!!!!!!

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoto View Post
That is great News!!! This project will change the skyline of London Ontario!!!!!!
Absolutely massive news, now lets hope "Rygar" delivers with their promises.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 6:05 PM

http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/e-decisions...ec-23-2016.pdf

In case anyone was wondering what happened with the OMB decision, here is a link to it.

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 12:47 PM

Makes me think about the total cost in terms of money and time spent on this OMB appeal. How much of this was carried by us tax payers vs the developer and the claimant?

Old Posted May 14, 2017, 11:01 PM

So it is now mid May and the Hakim building still has power. The two law offices still have tenants. Rygar got the funding for the brownfield cleanup. Months ago the company said they would start work in May. I guess that means the tenants should be moving out in the next few weeks. Or will they?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates