HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 10:29 PM
BANNED

I never saw a link to the article about the NHL Players being polled on which team has the most knowledgable fans but if its indeed true how can people like Feepa say that Vancouver fans don't know anything. I mean how can you possibly dispute a poll of the NHL Players themselves.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 2:04 AM
Go Chiefs!

Despite the crap defense in front of him, Carey Price is still chasing history...

He became yesterday the 5th goalie in NHL history to play 2000+ minutes in 5 seasons at the age of 24 or younger. The first to do it since Roy did with Montreal in 1990.

And he's on pace for 71 games this year!!!

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 2:38 AM

I love the jealousy towards the Canucks. Vancouver fans should take it as a compliment. Jealousy is just a multiplier of the teams greatness, shows that the Canucks arent just great, but their god like great.

Its good CBC will have lots of games to show come spring, thanks to the competence and greatness of the new and improved Canuck organization. Not to mention this years team is even better then last years team, and its built to be great for years to come...The new Detroit.

Jealousy is a clear indicator that you are all Canucks deep down, you all know it

Feepa, why dont you come out of the closet and admit your in love with Vancouver, your not 5 years old anymore...no point trying to hide it.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 3:10 AM
Change is good

What is there to be jealous of? No seriously is that a joke? 41 years of nothing? A team that mocks how the sport is supposed to be played? Oh wait maybe it's the diving swedish duo? Maybe it's the biting mouth of burrows or the cheap shots kesler that one would be jealous of?

Rhn eberle hall something to be jealous of.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 3:12 AM

3 - 0 leads are so overrated.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 4:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
What is there to be jealous of? No seriously is that a joke? 41 years of nothing? A team that mocks how the sport is supposed to be played? Oh wait maybe it's the diving swedish duo? Maybe it's the biting mouth of burrows or the cheap shots kesler that one would be jealous of?

en·vi·ous [en-vee-uhs]
adjective
full of, feeling, or expressing envy: envious of a person's success; an envious attack.
v
Synonyms
1. resentful, jealous, covetous.
v
Synonyms are different words with almost identical or similar meanings. Words that are synonyms are said to be synonymous, and the state of being a synonym is called synonymy. The word comes from Ancient Greek syn (σύν) ("with") and onoma (ὄνομα) ("name"). The words car and automobile are synonyms. Similarly, if we talk about a long time or an extended time, long and extended become synonyms. In the figurative sense, two words are often said to be synonymous if they have the same connotation:
v
jeal·ous
   [jel-uhs] Show IPA
adjective
feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often followed by of ): He was jealous of his rich brother.
feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often followed by of ): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.
characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment: a jealous rage; jealous intrigues.
inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims: a jealous Feepa.

solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something: The American people are jealous of their freedom.

the line between jealousy and love is pretty blurred.
you =

We are all Canucks.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 4:21 AM
be nice to the crackheads

I love reading feepa's mini meltdowns. Last year was hilarious too. Keep posting, feepa. We're all behind you.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 6:25 AM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
Especially if your team is called the Calgary Flames...

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 8:47 AM
Hello World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeDgE View Post
The feeling is mutual.

Although I have nothing against Habs fans or any others that are not of the Canuck variety.

Except NetMapel..
GAF's Zedge, is that you ? :O

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 2:00 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
And it's not like we were playing bad.

Oh well, congrats to Alfredsson for his 400th career goal.

It looks like we have a promising young goaltender, though. Irving played very well.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMapel View Post
GAF's Zedge, is that you ? :O
Indeed.

LOL

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
And it's not like we were playing bad.

Oh well, congrats to Alfredsson for his 400th career goal.

It looks like we have a promising young goaltender, though. Irving played very well.
I really like Irving, he plays like a much older more mature goaltender.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 7:29 PM

delete

Last edited by chrisallard5454; Dec 31, 2011 at 8:24 PM. Reason: Wrong Thread

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 8:12 PM

Quote:

obviously all the canucks fans in other buildings who cheer louder then the home team means nothing.... I am amazed at seeing this more and more... these out of town fans know nothing about hockey, how could they, they are cheering on the canucks...

probably more and more fans around the league appreciate the style of hockey the canucks play and why not.... fast, skillful with end to end, hard hitting etc did anyone catch the San Jose game the other night. 2 teams hammering it out. goes into over time what more do want.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 10:40 PM
Change is good

you may want to revisit the last few pages of this thread. Something I posted from that game stirred up a bit of emotions in a few canuck fans calling on the antics of thorton when I reminded how classy there team has acted in the last few seasons.

I was then told I was jealous of this behavior?

HAPPY NEW YEARS SSP CANADA HOCKEY FANS!

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sandbag View Post
obviously all the canucks fans in other buildings who cheer louder then the home team means nothing.... I am amazed at seeing this more and more... these out of town fans know nothing about hockey, how could they, they are cheering on the canucks...

probably more and more fans around the league appreciate the style of hockey the canucks play and why not.... fast, skillful with end to end, hard hitting etc did anyone catch the San Jose game the other night. 2 teams hammering it out. goes into over time what more do want.
And what seemed like half the arena cheering on the Canucks

And I have gone to games in San Jose, infact I played in a hockey tournament there in the 90's and there are lots of fans there, one of the best hockey markets in the states.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
you may want to revisit the last few pages of this thread. Something I posted from that game stirred up a bit of emotions in a few canuck fans calling on the antics of thorton when I reminded how classy there team has acted in the last few seasons.

I was then told I was jealous of this behavior?

HAPPY NEW YEARS SSP CANADA HOCKEY FANS!
No you were told you were jealous of the Canucks. But its ok, like I said, the line between jealousy and love is blurred...the sooner you realize you love the Canucks the happier you will be with your self. I dont blame you, the brand and quality of hockey they play is as exciting as it gets.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay View Post
It's well known that Canucks fans are the least knowledgeable of all Canadian hockey fans, simply because there are a lot less people in Vancouver that have actually played hockey compared to the rest of Canada since they don't have natural ice. They're more like Sharks or Kings fans.

That said, I haven't seen the hit. Anyone got a video?
Yes but I can count probably atleast 30 icerinks(probably well over a 100 in metro Vancouver I would guess) within a 20min drive of my house that are open right now, and as far I remember 10 of those are open all year. Oh and like I said San Jose has pretty good fans, I dont know now but in the 90`s they had only 4 ice rinks in San Jose for the public but I assume that number has grown. Then there was one also not far in Santa Rosa which was built by the creator of the Snoopy cartoons as he lived there and was a big hockey fan.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 11:32 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

How about we knock it off with this whole tangent. It's only leading to circular debate.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:

No doubt the Oilers have some good young talent to be excited about, and I would be excited to have them on the Canucks as we would have an awesome 3rd line, but what Tambellini has failed to do is provide a good supporting cast for this awesome young core of players. Tambellini is going to get another high draft pick - it looks like - again this year. So yet again take the no brainer pick, maybe a a great young defenceman. That would be another important building block. But I myself (one of the least knowledgeable fans in the league) could sit there and collect high draft picks year after year. It's likely that the Oilers will miss the playoffs for the 6th year in a row which IMO is unacceptable.

You may not like the Canucks organization, but the supporting cast Mike Gillis has assembled is second to none. The Oilers would be a far better team if they had the likes of Hansen, Raymond, Burrows, Higgens, Bieksa, Edler and even Lapierre. All of these guys were acquired as mid to late round draft picks or were acquired through trade. Burrows wasn't even drafted for crying out loud! Tambellini, if he's a good GM, should be able to do the same.

I hate to say it, but Tambellini has failed as GM in Edmonton, and the fans of the Oilers should be directing their frustration and anger towards him, not the Canucks and their fans.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada