HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 5:46 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2017 in Geneva

I first went to Geneva in 2005 and was met with grey and wet weather. Add the crazy costs of eating, and I went home with a bit of bad taste. My next trip to Switzerland focused on areas further east, but the weather did not co-operate once again. Luckily, my 2017 trip was far better with clear blue skies. More informed this time, I was able to find cheaper food options and much more affordable accommodations across the border in France.

To start your trip on a happy note, Geneva's airport offers free transport tickets to the city. Pick up yours at the arrivals hall.

Then head downstairs for the short train ride into the city centre - less than 10 minutes!

Basilique Notre Dame is just next to the train station.

Inspired by Gaudi's works, these residential buildings are given a colourful and playful name - the Smurfs.

To the south, short historic buildings line the straightly-lined streets. They eventually narrow and wind their way uphill to the historic centre.

The Cathedrale of Saint Pierre dates from the 12th century and sits on top of the hill where the historic centre stands. For a nominal fee, you can climb 157 steps up the tower for a lovely view of the city and the lake.

More on my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/geneva01.htm

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 12:57 PM
Illustrator, editor

Nice pics from Geneva!

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 1:31 PM
Hong Kong

A stroll along the waterfront at sunset is also great. Many office workers were already enjoying drinks all around here.

Monument Brunswick's details caught my attention. The Duke of Brunswick gave his immense fortune to the city upon his death in 1873 and asked for a beautiful monument in his name.

More on my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/geneva01.htm

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Wow, this building is really interesting! Do you happen to know anything about it?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 4:06 AM
Hong Kong

A great place for an almost aerial view is in France, but it is very easy to reach. Take bus #8 from the city to the last stop and walk across the border for about 10 minutes to the Saleve cable car.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 10:48 PM

I didn't know there was such an impressive rocky ridge so close to the city!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos