HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkyWay View Post
It's not really a good thing if Midtown becomes "built-out." This would signal a major stall in our economy and progress as a city. Dynamic cities should never seek to be "built-out" - that would mean stagnation; constant change and redevelopment should be the goal.
There's not such thing as "built-out". The market demands would just propel underutilized, lower density properties to be redeveloped into a higher and better use depending on the current market conditions.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
There's not such thing as "built-out". The market demands would just propel underutilized, lower density properties to be redeveloped into a higher and better use depending on the current market conditions.
Agreed. There is so much space that can be developed from Downtown to Midtown, and from Midtown to Buckhead. It would take years to be relatively built out...even Midtown on its own.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 5:19 PM

State sold pullman yard to Atomic entertainment. Government working at it's finest /s:

"During the meeting, Gov. Nathan Deal asked board members if they wanted to open up a second round of bidding from the five companies that were under consideration. The board instead opted to sell the property to Atomic Entertainment, even as other bidders insisted they could make a better offer."

http://www.decaturish.com/2017/04/st...nment-company/

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
State sold pullman yard to Atomic entertainment. Government working at it's finest /s:

"During the meeting, Gov. Nathan Deal asked board members if they wanted to open up a second round of bidding from the five companies that were under consideration. The board instead opted to sell the property to Atomic Entertainment, even as other bidders insisted they could make a better offer."

http://www.decaturish.com/2017/04/st...nment-company/
Pay to play, baby.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 7:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBmYv8O0kNw

Colony square recently covered. "Groundbreaking should start in the fall with the project being completed 18 months later" Should be done sometime early 2019

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One ATLien View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBmYv8O0kNw

Colony square recently covered. "Groundbreaking should start in the fall with the project being completed 18 months later" Should be done sometime early 2019
Interesting! Three days ago Mark Toro of North American Properties tweeted about "tiny" living units and whether they would work at Colony Square.

I don't have a link to the tweet, but this is the article he mentioned.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Interesting! Three days ago Mark Toro of North American Properties tweeted about "tiny" living units and whether they would work at Colony Square.

I don't have a link to the tweet, but this is the article he mentioned.
Would make colony square even more interesting if they end up building them.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 9:31 PM

New Realm Brewery/American Beerworks Update

Quote:
A local brewery is looking to get some industrial revenue bonds along with its suds.
New Realm Brewing Co. is seeking approval from Atlanta's economic development arm for $10M in industrial development revenue bonds for a brewery and restaurant/beer garden in the Old Fourth Ward to help finance the construction and equipment for the brewery.
The project, named American Beerworks, will see New Realm transform 820 Ralph McGill Blvd. into a 17,300 SF brewery with 8,700 SF of restaurant, bar and event space as well as a 4K SF rooftop patio, according to documents filed with Invest Atlanta.
The $15M project is expected to create 60 new jobs earning an average of $26,500/year, and could have a total economic impact of more than $21M, according to Invest Atlanta.
The organization is scheduled to vote on the bond resolution Thursday.
New Realm is the brainchild of Mitch Steele, the former brewmaster for California-based Stone Brewing Co. The facility will be located next to the popular restaurant Two Urban Licks.
https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...500_atlanta-re

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 11:40 PM

Crane is up for the Standard in Midtown
https://imgur.com/gallery/4PJtZ

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 11:22 AM
BANNED

Georgia World Congress Center Hotel

I think this is the final version - I like it. It looks to be +/- 40 stories!!!

Combining feedback from campus partners, meeting planners, conventioneers and hotel consultants, the GWCCA is moving forward with plans to build a new headquarter hotel on the northwest corner of the campus. The hotel will be developed in a joint public/private venture and will be located where the Georgia Dome currently sits, adjacent to Building C of the Georgia World Congress Center. Drew Company, a firm based in Boston, is the property’s selected developer.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 12:20 PM
BANNED

High Street Perimeter

Hands down the best looking (proposed) mixed-use development in Atlanta. Construction should be starting next month. Picture below shows Phase I.

At full build out

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
High Street Perimeter

Hands down the best looking (proposed) mixed-use development in Atlanta. Construction should be starting next month. Picture below shows Phase I.
I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Have to throw my vote for "hands down the best looking (proposed) mixed-use development in Atlanta" to the Turner Field redevelopment:

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 12:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by clexmond View Post
I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Have to throw my vote for "hands down the best looking (proposed) mixed-use development in Atlanta" to the Turner Field redevelopment:

The High Street pictures are real architectural renderings. It is my understanding the Turner Field rendering is just a visionary pic. With that said, I think the Turner Field architectural design looks like a series of civic buildings for government or educational use - aka...boring/sterile.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 1:03 PM

High Street looks amazing! I'm sure it will be popular with State Farm and Mercedes employees who could walk to work.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:42 PM

Quote:
The High Street pictures are real architectural renderings. It is my understanding the Turner Field rendering is just a visionary pic. With that said, I think the Turner Field architectural design looks like a series of civic buildings for government or educational use - aka...boring/sterile.
You're correct. High Street is a real design for a real developer. Turner Field is entirely the planners' speculation.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:58 PM

Wow! That looks like something you'd see in China!

Quote:
At full build out

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Not bad....but where's the street grid connectivity on the other two sides? That would be a grand slam in my book.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 5:09 PM

Quote:
With that said, I think the Turner Field architectural design looks like a series of civic buildings for government or educational use - aka...boring/sterile.
Not what I would call it.

http://atlantaintownpaper.com/2017/0...-redevelopment

But yeah, Turner Field plans are part of a longer term more organic development. It is less likely to end up exactly as portrayed than your typical Fuqua type project. But still looks great and has a lot more long term potential than many of the drive-to-urbanism projects being built.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 5:11 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Georgia World Congress Center Hotel

I think this is the final version - I like it. It looks to be +/- 40 stories!!!

Combining feedback from campus partners, meeting planners, conventioneers and hotel consultants, the GWCCA is moving forward with plans to build a new headquarter hotel on the northwest corner of the campus. The hotel will be developed in a joint public/private venture and will be located where the Georgia Dome currently sits, adjacent to Building C of the Georgia World Congress Center. Drew Company, a firm based in Boston, is the property’s selected developer.

Niiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

When are they expected to break ground?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Or any decent-sized city anywhere in the world except the US.

High Street does look great and I wish that more developers in the city would this much thought and care into their designs. Or if the developers will at least not use the same two architects with the same basic design for the majority of the buildings.

What is the source of the GWCC hotel renderings?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations