HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 6:37 PM

54% complete!!!

Source: 980 CJME

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Biggest crane yet to arrive within the next few days. I believe this is the one that'll install the lateral trusses of the spectator roof.
I think your aforementioned crane has arrived; I'll bet it will be fully erected by early next week.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 9:19 PM

Saw this on Twitter, is this a result of not having the windscreens so the scoreboard was bigger?

CFL Stats And Info ‏@CFLStats 13m13 minutes ago
Fun fact: New mosaic stadium will have the second largest video board in North America. Behind only the Dallas cowboys #riders #cfl.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones2451 View Post
Saw this on Twitter, is this a result of not having the windscreens so the scoreboard was bigger?

Fun fact: New mosaic stadium will have the second largest video board in North America. Behind only the Dallas cowboys #riders #cfl.
I think that was a joke after someone mixed up widescreen and windscreen. The main reason this will be so big is that the prices of these things falls dramatically every year. Although the low $ is probably now an issue.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:

The Dallas Cowboys video board has dropped down the list in the last few years.

Everbank Field (Jacksonville Jaguars) has a screen almost twice the size of Dallas'. As well, Texas Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, and Churchill Downs all have larger screens than AT&T... Hmmm.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 12:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:

The south video board will be twice the size of the current one (which is huge) in the NE corner of the old stadium.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 3:00 AM

I don't know too much about those big screens 'n that; however, if they are 'modular', I'd bet that there's no limit as to how large they can get.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 5:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
I think your aforementioned crane has arrived; I'll bet it will be fully erected by early next week.
https://twitter.com/yqrstadium/statu...47155528630272

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 5:21 PM

Awesome!

Hopefully a lot of you guys will be going on the stadium tour tomorrow as well.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Awesome!

Hopefully a lot of you guys will be going on the stadium tour tomorrow as well.
I heard they are changing it and will have guided boat tours through the inside of the stadium.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 1:53 PM
BANNED

Sept 4, 2015

@YQRstadium

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 5:58 PM
BANNED

A walk into Regina's new Mosaic Stadium from yours truly. Video doesn't do it justice.

http://youtu.be/hsOwXn1FcoE

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 8:21 PM

'Had the tour, it will be an amazing facility!!!

I guess large concerts will face north, and more moderate-sized concerts will face south. The stadium can be modified for various other-types of events.

There are miniature drainage 'sewers' along the rows of seats.

There needs to be a further 8' excavation of the field surface; however, it will rebuilt up again for the final playing surface.

There will eventually be a secure pathway that will be constructed along the rail tracks between downtown and the stadium.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 8:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Sept 4, 2015

@YQRstadium
Thanks for sharing! Stadium is going to be great addition for Sask.!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
A walk into Regina's new Mosaic Stadium from yours truly. Video doesn't do it justice.

http://youtu.be/hsOwXn1FcoE
Coming along nicely, but needs more PCL signage.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 11:08 PM

I have to say, the drab green tin siding actually looks much better in person, or on overcast days? I was pleasantly surprised. The siding also reminds me of Mosaic 1.0. Was this the reason for using this siding or just coincidence?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 3:02 AM

It really was great to go to the tour and see it. Less ramps in the new stadium. On the Elphinstone side, there is a great wall that seems to be mostly glass. We were told it's the Rider store on the main floor, Sask Sport above that and Rider business operations at the top. I like the green tin. The tyndal stone is going to be really nice on there as well. Progress is going well and I hear it's on budget as well. That could change obviously but was still positive to know they are over half and still where they should be with the money. Everyone seemed really upbeat and smiling there today!

Confederation Park is supposed to be a pre-game place to go once this is finished. Does anyone know if the plan is to restore the fountain there? Great historical piece.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Fan View Post
I have to say, the drab green tin siding actually looks much better in person, or on overcast days? I was pleasantly surprised. The siding also reminds me of Mosaic 1.0. Was this the reason for using this siding or just coincidence?
Right from the get-go, the plan was to include a bit of retro/Mosaic 1.0-type features/elements in order to pay respect and preserve some of the history of the old stadium.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
It really was great to go to the tour and see it. Less ramps in the new stadium. On the Elphinstone side, there is a great wall that seems to be mostly glass. We were told it's the Rider store on the main floor, Sask Sport above that and Rider business operations at the top. I like the green tin. The tyndal stone is going to be really nice on there as well. Progress is going well and I hear it's on budget as well. That could change obviously but was still positive to know they are over half and still where they should be with the money. Everyone seemed really upbeat and smiling there today!

Confederation Park is supposed to be a pre-game place to go once this is finished. Does anyone know if the plan is to restore the fountain there? Great historical piece.
Yeah, the fountain in the park has seen better days alright! There is a budget of $1.5 million that will be used to enhance the park. I would surmise (and hope) that a huge chunk of that will go towards the fountain.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post

The Rider Store, Sask Sport and Roughrider business ops are in the structure that faces the Armoury, not Elphinstone. That was also the space where the public were able to view the contstruction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan