HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Vancouver Photos

Old Posted Oct 14, 2007, 4:54 AM
Site 8 Lives

University of British Columbia | Photo Thread

Inspired by SFUVancouver's photo thread devoted to the beautiful Burnaby Mountain campus, here's a bit of the campus scene from the University of British Columbia. I took these pictures on a foggy day this past winter.

Koerner Library:

UBC Clock Tower:

First Nations Longhouse:

Xwi7xwa Library:

David Lam Building (Sauder School of Business):

UBC Asian Centre:

Last edited by Rusty Gull; Oct 14, 2007 at 5:22 AM.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2007, 5:43 AM

Good work, especially that beautiful shot of the Long House. I didn't even know that existed or the Sto:lo Library for that matter.

UBC is one of the few places in Vancouver where the incorporation of elements of Asian and first nations culture feels genuine. Do you know anything about the proposed expansion of the Museum of Anthropology? I haven't been there in years. In fact I hadn't been back onto the UBC campus in years until I went for a walk about with my girlfriend this summer. She's interested in applying to the school of Landscape Architecture and I'm going to apply to SCARP so we thought we'd go out and find the buildings. I went to high school out in UBC and I just can't believe how much has changed in that part of the campus in the years since I've been gone.

I'm glad I served as a bit of an inspiration. Now I definately have to dig out the other photos I took of SFU and post them.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2007, 6:18 AM

^^The museum of anthropology expansion is more than proposed its been underconstruction for a little while now, there's a crane up and everything.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Vancouver Photos