HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 4:18 AM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post
Shouldn't this one have started construction by now? It was supposed to start in the summer. I don't see any activity on site.

We are still waiting to see what the "horse" says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CondoGuru View Post
I only post information I receive from the "horse's mouth" and have been dead-on with every word of it. Sorry.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 6:22 PM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Out of what, the horse's mouth or the horse's @ss?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 9:07 PM

Quote:
The "horse's mouth" is no longer with Opus East...I have heard nothing new about this one, which is strange. I've heard of plenty of cancelled projects shopping other developers to flip the land and plans, except this one. However, I have heard that Mahoney is planning to move forward with 1441 Chestnut and it will NOT be a garage! Thank G-d!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 9:42 PM

Quote:
The "horse's mouth" is no longer with Opus East...I have heard nothing new about this one, which is strange. I've heard of plenty of cancelled projects shopping other developers to flip the land and plans, except this one. However, I have heard that Mahoney is planning to move forward with 1441 Chestnut and it will NOT be a garage! Thank G-d!
Is 1441 Chestnut a 58 story proposal? Or am I mixing it up with something different?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan35 View Post
Is 1441 Chestnut a 58 story proposal? Or am I mixing it up with something different?
That was the original proposal which I believe is what sparked the intense bickering and litigation between AG and Mahoney. They are in the planning phases of configuring a new proposal. I know as much as you do about what that will be.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
That was the original proposal which I believe is what sparked the intense bickering and litigation between AG and Mahoney. They are in the planning phases of configuring a new proposal. I know as much as you do about what that will be.
Probably much more scaled down huh?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 11:19 PM

I really couldn't say one way or the other at this point. I'm just relieved that it won't be that stupid 10-storey garage he tried to push through.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 2:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
the horse says...."neeeeiiiigghhhhhh"!
(not saying that they are not going ahead with this, just quoting my 2-year-old daughter's pullstring toy.)

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 4:35 AM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Thanks skyscraper. You made me laugh so hard I almost lost my dinner......in both directions!

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 5:22 PM

Quote:
I have no insider knowledge either, but according to the press, but what was proposed when the fight started was the 1441 Chestnut plan for just 50 stories and 615'. When the fight was finally settled, or some time thereafter, 1441 Chestnut was redesigned for 58 stories at 670', which would have included either 279 condos or 208 condos + 150-160 hotel rooms.

The recent article (http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/...wscolumn5.html) stating that Mahoney intends to move forward with 1441 Chestnut in 2008 says that initial site work began in Oct 2007 and that they're putting final touches on the design, which would now likely include 174 condos and 174 hotel rooms. So that's 34 fewer condos than before, but 14 to 24 more hotel rooms. The hotel rooms are likely smaller than the condos, but if the design is still similar, my GUESS is that, if built, this tower will probably still be at least 53 stories if not 58.

As for 1919 Market: if this project is still proposed at 14 stories, shame on "Dopus" for underutilizing a premier location with far greater potential.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 5:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks skyscraper. You made me laugh so hard I almost lost my dinner......in both directions!
TMI

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 5:40 PM

Is it most everyone's hope that 1919 Market DOESN'T break ground? Most people are saying this is a great location for a really tall high-rise and that 14 stories would be a shame here.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
the horse says...."neeeeiiiigghhhhhh"!
(not saying that they are not going ahead with this, just quoting my 2-year-old daughter's pullstring toy.)
someone's feathers have been ruffled

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan35 View Post
Is it most everyone's hope that 1919 Market DOESN'T break ground? Most people are saying this is a great location for a really tall high-rise and that 14 stories would be a shame here.
I think most people agree that it would be a dramatic underuse of the parcel to build the 14 level apartment complex with 40+ storey buildings surrounding it.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late1 View Post
I have no insider knowledge either, but according to the press, but what was proposed when the fight started was the 1441 Chestnut plan for just 50 stories and 615'. When the fight was finally settled, or some time thereafter, 1441 Chestnut was redesigned for 58 stories at 670', which would have included either 279 condos or 208 condos + 150-160 hotel rooms.

The recent article (http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/...wscolumn5.html) stating that Mahoney intends to move forward with 1441 Chestnut in 2008 says that initial site work began in Oct 2007 and that they're putting final touches on the design, which would now likely include 174 condos and 174 hotel rooms. So that's 34 fewer condos than before, but 14 to 24 more hotel rooms. The hotel rooms are likely smaller than the condos, but if the design is still similar, my GUESS is that, if built, this tower will probably still be at least 53 stories if not 58.

As for 1919 Market: if this project is still proposed at 14 stories, shame on "Dopus" for underutilizing a premier location with far greater potential.

I just spoke with an engineer friend of mine who was working on the original 1441 Chestnut project that got canned. He confirmed that they've resumed their "exploratory" phase, not to be confused with a committment to "move forward." I asked about the height and he said it's currently at 60 floors, which according to previous plans is even taller than before. A friend and former Mahoney Realty employee dispelled the previous rumor of a Mandarin Oriental Hotel going in there...was never part of the deal, ever. So I'd be curious to find out who they get once and if the new plans get approved. A hotel tenant would lock the financing pretty easily on something this large. We'll see.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2007, 11:08 PM

Mahoney needs to find some serious equity partners to move this forward. He doesn't have the resources to put up 100% of the equity towards any of the proposals here assuming he'd finance 80%, including the 10 story parking garage. Good luck to him if the suburban office market gets hit by a potential economic downturn...

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 5:24 PM

So what you want this thread closed or what

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
So what you want this thread closed or what
I say kill it. It's nothing but rumors at this point. If an announcement is made we can bring this back to life at that point.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 8:20 PM
Hello

I think you have to kill this thread. The horse didn't know what he was talking about. He was a bad informant.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 8:37 PM

The "horse" to which you are referring knew a little bit more about the project than you since he worked on it for Opus East. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and kill the thread, I really don't care one way or the other...I think it's a terd of a building anyway. But before you kill it, you might want to wait two or three weeks when Opus will be issuing a press release regarding the project. But what do I know? Apparently nothing...lol

Last edited by CondoGuru; Dec 4, 2007 at 8:51 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive