HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 9:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
It's 1,263 feet including splices.
Gotchya

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 9:20 PM

When the last height jumps happen this buildings is REALLY going to come into its own then, it will truly be a supertall then! The final roof height will be just below where the tips of the roof cranes reach now, I think

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 9:32 PM

How come when you go to NYs diagram page, it says that Hudson Yards ER 2 is supposed to be taller than 1wtc? Is it just an error?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Boston View Post
How come when you go to NYs diagram page, it says that Hudson Yards ER 2 is supposed to be taller than 1wtc? Is it just an error?
It's an error.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 10:02 PM

Ok,we're currently at the 93rd floor on One World Trade Center,glass is half way up but still no signs of a NatGeo or maybe even a Discovery special about this building.Is there a reason for that and once the roof tops off,will it make national news at best?This is the most amazing building I've ever seen(in par with old WTC)yet nothing announced on TV about it.CBS,as far as remember did a 60 minute special about the construction of the old WTC.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 10:19 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post
Ok,we're currently at the 93rd floor on One World Trade Center,glass is half way up but still no signs of a NatGeo or maybe even a Discovery special about this building.Is there a reason for that and once the roof tops off,will it make national news at best?This is the most amazing building I've ever seen(in par with old WTC)yet nothing announced on TV about it.CBS,as far as remember did a 60 minute special about the construction of the old WTC.
For one, we don't know if NatGeo or Discovery is currently filming an episode about this big beast. I already mentioned I hoped they had a "Megastructures" episode about it.

Also, yes. There will be news articles galore about it once it tops off (and when it opens).

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 10:20 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Well the famous OLD 80's documentary about the old complex was released in the 1980's, a full decade after the completion. Don't be surprised if documentaries about the new WTC start coming out in the 2020's, or even after the FULL complex is complete. Although I'm sure a documentary will be released about 1 WTC earlier. Steven Speilberg just did the Rising Rebuilding WTC show, which was really good. But I'd love a documentary once everything is said and done.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 10:29 PM
Bionic Boogie

DSC_0127 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post
The documentaries will definately come out when the tower is finishes, or shortly before, I feel pretty sure of that. Because of the historical significance of the site, what happened there, and the rebuilding, the topping out and spire hoisting will get plenty of news coverage, long before the building even opens. Give it a couple or few more months, and there will be tons of news and documentaries about 1wtc, I'd wager.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 11:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSkylines View Post
For one, we don't know if NatGeo or Discovery is currently filming an episode about this big beast. I already mentioned I hoped they had a "Megastructures" episode about it.

Also, yes. There will be news articles galore about it once it tops off (and when it opens).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkeTcuJwjl4

Last edited by NewYorkSkyline117; Mar 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkeTcuJwjl4

They already have made a documentary about that...research before you make more wasted posts
He was asking if there was anyone CURRENTLY filming a documentary.

Why are some people so harsh on this message board? We're just talking about skyscrapers here people, not social/political issues.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosV View Post

I love the angle and detail these pictures show on top Carlos. Can't live without them. Thanks.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 1:55 AM
🇺🇸🏫🏢🏣🏦

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosV View Post

Wait, was the cocoon raised a floor?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 2:23 AM

Yes the cocoon was raised from 92 to 93 both Sunday and monday.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 3:09 AM

Why must we be bombarded with so many Twin Tower photos ...?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 3:28 AM

Hey everybody, I'm new here! I've been following this thread for months now and I finally decided to register. Anyway, sorry if this has been answered already but does anybody know why the tower has not been lit recently? It's been almost completely dark these past nights and I was curious as to why that is. Thanks!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 3:45 AM
BANNED

Steel's going again, what about the rest?

When are the fireproofing and facade teams going to get started again?? I feel like the black netting has mushroomed as steel progresses, but that the rest of the building teams have been in this perpetual purgatory of inaction. I'm making these observations solely on photos, so maybe there's more going on behind the scenes that isn't changing the outward appearance of the tower, but it's starting to get annoying...

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 3:49 AM
WTCEnthusiast/User

I noticed that the tower was lit red the last two nights after switching back to normal after honoring cardinal Dolan. Any reason why?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 3:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don098 View Post
When are the fireproofing and facade teams going to get started again?? I feel like the black netting has mushroomed as steel progresses, but that the rest of the building teams have been in this perpetual purgatory of inaction. I'm making these observations solely on photos, so maybe there's more going on behind the scenes that isn't changing the outward appearance of the tower, but it's starting to get annoying...
They aren't going to start again until the tower reaches high enough for the black netting to be removed. It is going to take a while before we see any progress.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanses View Post
Why must we be bombarded with so many Twin Tower photos ...?
Explanation of what mechanical floors are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysockBOB View Post
Hey everybody, I'm new here! I've been following this thread for months now and I finally decided to register. Anyway, sorry if this has been answered already but does anybody know why the tower has not been lit recently? It's been almost completely dark these past nights and I was curious as to why that is. Thanks!
I am certain they are removing the red wrappings for the lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CClaudio21 View Post
I noticed that the tower was lit red the last two nights after switching back to normal after honoring cardinal Dolan. Any reason why?
Maybe they extended the honoring period, or they aren't done removing the red lights.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive