HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 1:54 PM

Permits

Who is 2100? Tidewater is 19, Lemle Kelleher is 2200 and they have 2 floors...so 2300 too? and Superior is 2400....Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
601 POYDRAS ST
SUITE 2100
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130
Tenant build-out of offices as per plans
Job Value($):
$2,760,000.00

Sweeeet this is the old Bohn Building ...exciting "comeback" on Broad though I know its gov't financing somehow or another i think
Quote:

2700 S BROAD ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70125
Exterior repairs and renovations as per plans. No use and Occupancy under this permit.
Job Value($):
$1,600,000.00

2700 S BROAD ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70125
Interior renovations of 42622 sq ft existing building and construct 1244 sq ft 3rd floor for retail and office use as per plans. No exterior work.
Job Value($):
$2,500,000.00

Anyone know what bank this is?
Quote:
4901 GENERAL DE GAULLE DR
NEW ORLEANS LA 70131
Construct a 4738 sq ft 1-story bank with drive-through lanes as per plans and Ord# 22,242 mcs
Job Value($):
$1,000,000.00

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 2:15 PM

Unity of Greater New Orleans opens 60-unit building for homeless

- Courtesy TP

I thought these were market rate apartments solely based on the cool design...I think this is overall a good idea to be able to concentrate the homeless so that they can receive help on a regular basis, at their residence, and hopefully reenter the workforce and eventually successfully live on their own. Best of luck to it.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2...orleans_o.html

Quote:
......... the first tenant in a brand-new, 60-unit building at Tulane Avenue and Galvez Street, christened The Rosa F. Keller Building after the social activist. It's owned by UNITY of Greater New Orleans, which will provide on-site caseworkers to half of its tenants, including Suer.

The remaining tenants will be working-poor renters who earn less than half of the area's median income, about $21,700 for a one-person household.

The $17 million Keller building is a departure from UNITY's usual strategy. For several years, UNITY has provided social services to a few thousand disabled, formerly homeless people who live in private apartments rented with federal subsidies. But the Keller's bricks and mortar are owned by UNITY.

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
Who is 2100? Tidewater is 19, Lemle Kelleher is 2200 and they have 2 floors...so 2300 too? and Superior is 2400....Hmm
I cut and pasted the address and the first thing that came up was the LK website along with a bunch of legal service websites. Maybe they're 21 and 22?

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 4:38 PM
-

The Unity building is very well designed and I love the amount of street level retail they put there. Hopefully the hospitals follow suit with engaging the street with retail.

The bank permit is for First NBC.

Also I noticed Smashburger sign has gone up for building next to Reginellis and Bulldog on Magazine! Old Probst Interiors Building.

http://smashburger.com/

Permits:
3018 HOLIDAY DR
NEW ORLEANS LA 70131

Project Description:
NEW CONSTRUCTION OF A RETAIL STORE PER PLANS AND CPC APPROVAL - PETCO - FEES AND VALUATION UNDER 12COM-00531.

3022 HOLIDAY DR
NEW ORLEANS LA 70131
NEW CONSTRUCTION OF A RETAIL STORE PER PLANS AND CPC APPROVAL - BEALLS - FEES AND VALUATION UNDER 12COM-00531.

3030 HOLIDAY DR
NEW ORLEANS LA 70131
NEW CONSTRUCTION OF A RETAIL STORE PER PLANS. FES AND VALUATION UNDER 12COM-00531. - SHOE CARNIVAL - BLDG 4.

617 CANAL ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130
Construct stair, demising wall, and install new storefront as per plans. Ground floor use only (additional plans required for upper floors). No access or use of upper floors under this permit. HDLCP-11-1583

615 CANAL ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130
Construct stair, demising wall, and install new storefront as per plans. Ground floor use only (additional plans required for upper floors). No access or use of upper floors under this permit. HDLCP-11-1583

Last edited by tennis1400; May 30, 2012 at 5:02 PM.

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 4:47 PM

Quote:
[B]
Also I noticed Smashburger sign has gone up for building next to Reginellis and Bulldog on Magazine!

I didn't realize how incredibly FREAKING cheap smashburger is....amaaazing. A beer for $3 is a little much but a bucket (usually 5) for $9.99 isn't bad! And the food is all under $7!

That's the old Probst Interios building?

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 4:50 PM

Quote:
[B]
Also I noticed Smashburger sign has gone up for building next to Reginellis and Bulldog on Magazine!

I didn't realize how incredibly FREAKING cheap smashburger is....amaaazing. A beer for $3 is a little much but a bucket (usually 5) for $9.99 isn't bad! And the food is all under $7!

That's the old Probst Interiors building?

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 7:44 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
617 CANAL ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130

615 CANAL ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130
What a freaking waste.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 3:59 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
What a freaking waste.
The unusual thing is that it says no use under this permit. Thats not usual. So maybe there are other plans for the upper floors.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 4:22 AM
TL;DR

Maybe, but the first floor has to include some kind of access to the upper floors.

As I've noted before, fire codes make it very difficult to re-use the upper floors once they've been abandoned... you need two sets of stairs, and fire escapes don't count since the grandfathering ends once the spaces are abandoned.

I did notice an upper floor on Carondelet near Common that has been turned into a live-work type space, associated with Parse Gallery on the ground floor.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 11:22 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Maybe, but the first floor has to include some kind of access to the upper floors.

As I've noted before, fire codes make it very difficult to re-use the upper floors once they've been abandoned... you need two sets of stairs, and fire escapes don't count since the grandfathering ends once the spaces are abandoned.

I did notice an upper floor on Carondelet near Common that has been turned into a live-work type space, associated with Parse Gallery on the ground floor.
It does say construct stair! SO who knows but maybe that could work.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 3:21 PM

A little off-topic, but you have to think Benson is pretty happy with his investment right now.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 3:33 PM

The Fresh Market

June 12th, 8am-7pm
The Fresh Market Career Open House
Are you interested in a new and exciting career path?

Please join us for our Career Open House Event on Tuesday, June 12th from 8am-7pm at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside- 2 Poydras Street, New Orleans LA, 70130

Prior to the Open House, all attendees are required to apply online at the freshmarket.com/career. Search jobs using keyword #144 or go to The Fresh Market Careers http://tiny.cc/kk55o

http://www.thefreshmarket.com/stores...px?StoreId=130

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 7:39 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
A little off-topic, but you have to think Benson is pretty happy with his investment right now.
Indeed. Im actually getting tickets again this year.

Also according to Louis Armstrong International Airport they now have electric charging stations in the long term parking garage.

http://ezparker.com/evcs/ev.html

New Bids:
Aquarium Caribbean Exhibit Improvements New Orleans, LA 6-21-2012
2:00 PM Stephanie Kerr
Construction of 2 aquarium tanks, life support systems and other improvements to install the tanks.

New Gym & Exterior Stabilization – McMain New Orleans, LA $6,000,000 6-14-2012
2:00 PM Scott Mousel
Stabilization of exterior including new roof, flashings, windows, louvers, repairs to exterior finishes. A new 2 story addition is to be constructed. 2 new parking lots with landscaping & fencing are to be built. Demo of the existing health clinic. New gym to be built on precast concrete piles, post tension foundation and elevated deck, CMU walls, interior finishes.

MSY New Orleans Saints New Orleans, LA 6-6-2012
2:00 PM Stephanie Guidry
New Saints retail space inside the New Orleans International Airport.

Last edited by tennis1400; May 31, 2012 at 7:50 PM.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 7:56 PM

It's good to see McMain is finally starting renovations! It's a shame how dilapidated that building's become, especially for how unique it is.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 5:31 AM

Iberville Redevelopment

Tonight was the meeting to hear questions about the Iberville Redevelopment. More specific plans will be released in a day or two on this website: http://cnineworleans.org

The only change I've noticed from this website Hano links you to (http://ibervilletreme.org/ittpmap/map.html) is that the RV parking lot (which I've always thought was a waste of prime land) will be developed into mixed income as well. I'm also glad to see some sort of rudimentary time-table being laid out as well, with things getting into motion fairly soon.

You have until June 15 to make your public comments about the development.

Mine will include:

1. Not having the old-style red brick building fronting Basin Street, as in the plan now. I think it's a bad first impression, as well as too far set back/bad urban planning. Basin Street is a major street. Development along it should be denser/walkable.

2. Question about whether there will be on-street parking for visitors. In the renderings there doesn't seem to be any, but those could just be over-simplistic renderings. Bottom line, I want the option to park there if I'm going to be in the FQ. Since the street grid is being restored, I feel better about leaving my car there.

3. My desire to see more historic Storyville architectural elements brought into the plan. Pictures of the multistory buildings exist, some of the new buildings should look like those.

4. Dissatisfaction about expanding the footprint of the mixed income housing into the Winn-Dixie and the RV Park blocks. It think it's waaaay too big of a mixed-housing area, and the middle will be cut off from the rest of the city. It needs to be dispersed around some more, but not right there.

Am I leaving anything out?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 5:43 AM
NOLA Razorback

Iberville redevelopment

Glad to see some height in the plans for the new buildings on Canal by the Texaco building

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 1:44 PM
-

Thoughts on this building we are doing in Lakeview on the corner of Harrison and Catina?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 1:47 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Am I leaving anything out?
I like all these points. Whats the overall neighborhood name they are going for?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 1:57 PM

Quote:

Thoughts on this building we are doing in Lakeview on the corner of Harrison and Catina?
Looks like a nice addition to that area. What is it going to be? Looks almost like a small coffee shop or deli?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 1:58 PM

Quote:
I like it. One tweek I would make to increase it's value is to put an exterior door on the second floor of the side building, so that people can use the roof of the 1 story part! (roof garden, outdoor seating, patio, etc.) It's free space, why not use it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations