HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 8, 2007, 1:50 AM
Everywhere all at once

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh GLASS.

that really was my reaction.

I'm excited for this project, but I don't have a clear view of the finished product. would someone be kind enough to post some refresher renderings?

Old Posted May 8, 2007, 3:21 AM
BANNED

but is it cheap funhouse glass?

we will see. I lean fh from what I have seen so far.

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 6:38 AM

WOW
This project is really taking off like a bombshell
Cant wait for the finish product and the News IN HDTV from WBBM

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 1:08 PM

Top Out

Almost time for a topping out party for the office tower. I count 14 floors of steel so far - 3 more to go!

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honte View Post
^ No, the foundation plans clearly leave room for the CTA connector to be constructed without obstruction. The projects are very coordinated.
That is what I thought. After the Fullerton/Belmont incident I have regained a lot of trust in CTA's coordinatoin of large projects.

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 8:38 PM
TL;DR

The glass on CBS/Morningstar Tower, from today (5/10):

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 9:42 PM
Registered

Looks "funhousier" than Trump's glass to me...

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takascar View Post
Almost time for a topping out party for the office tower. I count 14 floors of steel so far - 3 more to go!
^I was next to the tower today and I was crossing the street next to a management-type looking guy with a hardhat discussing the construction with some other people in hardhats, and he pointed to the top of the tower and said "we only have 4 more stories to go".

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 11:31 PM
tilted & shifted

Taken today:

Workin hard

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 1:49 PM
D-Block 5 Star General

Well Im glad something is finally happening with Block 37, I have felt it was one of the most prime undeveloped parcels of land anywhere in a central business district in America! It has went years with so many proposals and plans, but nothing. I seemed like it had a curse or something.

Old Posted May 13, 2007, 4:29 PM
Chicagotom SSC

2nd Crane rises at B37

Here we go
Get ready for the 2nd tower to start going up. Anyone have the height of this one?

Old Posted May 13, 2007, 6:21 PM
Chicago, il.- Malibu, Ca

Great pictures "MP-Tom"
If anyone is interested here is a link to the camera that is over looking this project.

http://38.112.40.106:8081/CgiStart?p...ove&Language=0

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 6:48 PM

Question -

Has anyone seen what the north tower will look like. Given that they are indeed erecting a tower crane, I am curious. Plus, why no marketing for condo's?? What am I missing.

BTW, given the location of the crane, the north tower will front State Street

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
Question -

Has anyone seen what the north tower will look like. Given that they are indeed erecting a tower crane, I am curious. Plus, why no marketing for condo's?? What am I missing.

BTW, given the location of the crane, the north tower will front State Street
As I understand it (I may be wrong), they haven't decided yet what the residential tower will look like. The Northeast corner (State and Randolph)
is not the residential tower, its part of the retail - Retail fronts on State all the way from Washington to Randolph.

The residential tower, I think, is going to be at Dearborn and Randolph.

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 8:36 PM
Chicagotom SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by takascar View Post
As I understand it (I may be wrong), they haven't decided yet what the residential tower will look like. The Northeast corner (State and Randolph)
is not the residential tower, its part of the retail - Retail fronts on State all the way from Washington to Randolph.

The residential tower, I think, is going to be at Dearborn and Randolph.
I am constantly amazed that there is so little information on this project. You can't put a steel beam on top of a building with out members of the Chicago threads taking a picture, pulling the permit and having attended the community meeting. But when it comes to B37 even the most seasoned forumers don't seem to have a "full picture" I have seen renderings that would indicate that the N.E tower is the tallest of the 3 - over 30 stories but who knows what real. Very confusing.

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 10:08 PM
Chicago 2016

is cbs going to be here when completed?

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 11:09 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by museumparktom View Post
I am constantly amazed that there is so little information on this project. You can't put a steel beam on top of a building with out members of the Chicago threads taking a picture, pulling the permit and having attended the community meeting. But when it comes to B37 even the most seasoned forumers don't seem to have a "full picture" I have seen renderings that would indicate that the N.E tower is the tallest of the 3 - over 30 stories but who knows what real. Very confusing.

The recent surprise sale of residential development rights to Freed instead of Golub has led to further confusion. Golub was very clear about what (and when) they intended to do with the residential section (see the renderings on SCB's website - this was 1 condo tower (State and Randolph) and 1 rental tower (Dearborn and Randolph). However, it was implied in the media reports that Mills never secured city approvals to change from the 1 condo tower + 1 hotel tower plan to the apartment + condo tower. Also, it was very clear that Golub intended to immediately build both residential towers beginning in summer 2008 upon completion of the retail podium. So, here we are. Freed has not been at all forthcoming on their plans for the residential (and hotel?) components. I wish they would speak up, and also commit to something right away (frankly 'phasing' of this project is no longer necessary - condos at this location would sell like hotcakes, the rental and hotel markets are humming right along, etc.) What I fear is that they are going to just focus on the retail for now and worry about the residential later. What they really should do is to bring Golub back into the game and form a JV with them on the residential side - Freed doesn't seem to have a tremendous amount of experience in high-rise development...

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 11:32 PM

I still am amazed that a hotel isn't currently part of this, given the prime State Street/"Theatre District"/Central-Loop-Office-District location, not to mention direct train service to BOTH airports from within the building complex.

Old Posted May 15, 2007, 12:22 AM
you know where I'll be

2nd Tower Crane

Also, I don't know that this necessarily has anything to do with one of the other towers...I suppose it's possible it could also be intended to construct them later next year after the podium is complete

Old Posted May 15, 2007, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsWorld View Post
is cbs going to be here when completed?
Yes their new home
they gonna have a Awsome all digital High Definition News Studio Digs

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive