HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 4, 2011, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
Chef> Great photo spread. I had hoped to make it to the Planner conference in Minneapolis, but missed out. The photo spread is impressive because the level of 'mid rise' type development is very interesting. The style is typical for what I would call "prairie" architecture which is very similar throughout Manitoba/Sask/Alberta and to some extent BC. I always considered Minny to be part of the US prairies personally.

Coming from a smaller city on the east coast of Canada (Halifax) which has been known for nimby backlashes against buildings 5 stories and up; these photos provide some excellent examples of what would be workable in Halifax (and not). Gives some good ideas to consider...
And, whether "we" like it or not, these continue to be the prominent form of urban renewal in the Twin Cities -- 4-6 stories, that is. They are starting to grow on me and CAN fit in a residential neighborhood that is normally zoned for 3 floors, max. Some of these pics are great examples of how they can fit in very nicely, and sometimes, very very poorly!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos