HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 8:13 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosV View Post
I don't think so....

DSC_5367 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
Great shots Carlos....have a feeling you will be busy with the Carlos Cam this week ( Perimeter Columns ) Can't wait...
Giants Rock

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 8:23 PM

Since new members have been asking about how the new World Trade Center would look like at night again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
New World Trade Center at night. Credits to WTC.com.

Note: Changes have been made to One World Trade Center's base so it looks different, and the X beams have been removed from Three World Trade Center.
Quote:
There is a documentary that uses the renderings called "Rising:Rebuilding of Ground Zero".

Here is a rendering from the company. Credits to Dbox.

Quote:
Something from WTC.com to complete what I posted a page ago.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 8:25 PM

Credit : steveve

I love that picture This is NYC, the city of lights back on track.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 8:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
LMCC

*The following information was last updated on February 3, 2012.

I'd say it'll top out by May (earliest) or June

Im sorry I don't agree with that chart..it has said facade above floor 66 since November. The glass is definitely higher than that.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 8:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
I have heard that the NYC skyline can be seen from some of the higher mountains in the Newburgh-beacon area.
I have actually seen a picture a guy took from there..it's very impressive, more than 55 miles..

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 8:31 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
Im sorry I don't agree with that chart..it has said facade above floor 66 since November. The glass is definitely higher than that.
I counted it, and it's up to floor 50 in actuality floor 70 (because of the 20 floors below the office portion. So it's not TOO far off, but floor 70.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 9:10 PM
🇺🇸🏫🏢🏣🏦

Nice pics, Roadcruiser1.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 9:42 PM

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but what is up what these boards on the buildings facade as shown in the picture below?

Oh, and btw - Go Giants!!

Last edited by Noll; Feb 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noll View Post
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but what is up what these boards on the buildings facade as shown in the picture below?

They were left like that for them to install glass on the base or something like that.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 9:59 PM

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 10:04 PM

When the topping out occurs, it will be a pretty big news story, and really focus attention on the building like never before, more so than even the 10th anniversary of the attacks did..We will probably see several specials and news cameras at the building, and maybe even at the top itself when the ribbon is cut or whatever ceremony they have up their in the sky.The building will also look taller when the bottom cladding is put on, it will look more streamlined then. I think many naysayers are beginning to appreciate this building now that its potential is being realized.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 10:39 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
I think many naysayers are beginning to appreciate this building now that its potential is being realized.
Go 1WTC! ... and Giants.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2012, 10:56 PM

They worked today welding column splices on 88 and moment connections on 89 & 90. Weather permitting there should be three trucks of steel delivered tomorrow.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan88 View Post
The beam will be horizontal - It was originally conceived to blink the letter N in Morse code but the mirror and mechanism were very complicated and probably would not have survived the environment and first few lightning strikes. So it will be a horizontal beam like a light house beacon and will be provided by strong lighting. Here is their URL http://www.strong-world.com/Products/Lighting.aspx

alan
This is so confusing. This entire time I thought it was a vertical beacon of light like in this render:

There are more renderings that show a light shooting vertically. Vertical would be better.., makes the tower look much taller.

Hopefully, the horizontal beacon is very powerful and moves around like the beacon on the Eiffel Tower if we're getting a horizontal light show.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTO View Post
This is so confusing. This entire time I thought it was a vertical beacon of light like in this render:

There are more renderings that show a light shooting vertically. Vertical would be better.., makes the tower look much taller.

Hopefully, the horizontal beacon is very powerful and moves around like the beacon on the Eiffel Tower if we're getting a horizontal light show.
Both would be very nice, but would probably use up a lot of energy. Imagine a vertical beam of light shooting into the sky like an extended spire, probably able to be seen for at least 50 miles on a clear night, along with a rotating horizontal beam like a giant light house. That would be awesome!!! In the end though if I had to choose it would be the vertical beam; the idea of an "extended spire" that can be seen in the sky for miles around is very cool to me. Unfortunately its the horizontal beam, which is cool too.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 12:25 AM

The smooth, solid, unbroken glass facade really belies the height of this building in photos. I was in Lower Manhattan several hours ago and I went to check out this building. It is HUGE. All the photos I've seen cannot adequately convey the size of this building. In the original Twin Towers, the vertical beams in the facade gave you a good idea in the photos of how big they were. But the new WTC won't have that. So to truly experience the incredible size of these buildings you have to come to LM and experience them yourself, up close and personal. I was almost overwhelmed by how unexpectedly big it was compared to what I'd seen in photos

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 1:27 AM

I just read that welding has been taking place on 88,89 and 90 and they have finished the deck on 90 today.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 2:03 AM

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=hJmFJHVFE-0
All credit goes to altitude9 on YouTube

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
I have actually seen a picture a guy took from there..it's very impressive, more than 55 miles..
To be honest, you can see Tower 1 WTC from mount Ninham's Fire tower located in carmel Ny about 65 miles away on a clear day.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 3:43 AM

GIANTS WIN!!! I would hope (if not expect) that 1 WTC will be fully clad in deep blue lights (with maybe an accent of red) by tomorrow evening!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive