HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

45 Lansing in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^Most of the problematic buildings on Fremont and 45 Lansing are coming down soon, but, once again, I still haven't seen a demolition permit for the building on the corner of Fremont and Harrison (I think it's 399 Fremont--the current 375 Fremont is NOT on the corner). What I did see was the plywood pried loose so that people could enter the building and squat.

And when I walked up there, there was a crazy derelict "directing" traffic on the corner.
I checked this morning and you are correct. I see 2 demolition signs for 375 and 385 Fremont, but not one for 399 yet. Of all the buildings to demolish, 399 would be the one I'd target first. I wouldn't mind it so much if they just built the Californian at 385 and 399 and converted 375 to upscale lofts, sort of like at 300 Beale, but it doesn't appear that this is the case. I wonder if 399 is about to get a demolition sign as well, or if the Californian will now be built on 375-385, along with that other empty lot adjacent to 375. It would be ironic if the Californian were built and 399 Fremont were still standing and an ugly, problematic eyesore.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 12:18 AM

Demo permit for 399 Fremont

Thanks BTnSF for the clarification of addresses. I've mentioned a couple times here that I walked by the buildings there on Saturday 5/25/07 the day after the demo notices were posted. There was a demo notice posted on the Harrison Street side of 399 Fremont when I walked by that day (I've been referring to it here as 375 Fremont but realize it was posted on 399.) The permit must have been pulled down by someone quickly thereafter. Either way its coming down soon and it will be so great to see those building demolished once and for all.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankendall View Post
Thanks BTnSF for the clarification of addresses. I've mentioned a couple times here that I walked by the buildings there on Saturday 5/25/07 the day after the demo notices were posted. There was a demo notice posted on the Harrison Street side of 399 Fremont when I walked by that day (I've been referring to it here as 375 Fremont but realize it was posted on 399.) The permit must have been pulled down by someone quickly thereafter. Either way its coming down soon and it will be so great to see those building demolished once and for all.
That's reassuring....I must admit that I didn't notice this until 4 or so days after the notice was placed.

About the other empty plot of land, wouldn't that be cleared for 325 fremont? I remember seeing old renderings of this building in the proposal stages and I think it was to be about 25 floors and nice looking. However, I don't think anyone has talked about this building over the last 2-3 years, so I'm wondering if that has changed.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 12:29 AM

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite...lww2t006a00001
This is a rendering I found for 325 Fremont, but its pretty old, so who knows?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite...lww2t006a00001
This is a rendering I found for 325 Fremont, but its pretty old, so who knows?
In addition to 325 Fremont, it looks like the developer of the adjacent 333 Fremont is trying to unload their entitlements too.

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Looplink...ers/colliersmn

I doubt we'll see either one of these project completed anytime soon.

As for 45 Lansing, it will be exciting to see this building rise alongside 375 Fremont, and the second phases of One Rincon Hill and the Infinity.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 3:29 PM

Will they be able to fit 333 and 325 Fremont next to each other? It seems like a fairly small space for 2 large buildings.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 3:52 PM

According to Socketsite, the demolition work at 45 Lansing began yesterday.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 8:02 PM

I walked by during lunch break to confirm. The demolition crew is moving extremely fast and I'd estimate that they've already demolished about 75% of the structure! At that rate, they should be done by today, COB.

There is a lot of debris to clean up, but I'd expect that to be done by the end of the week.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 8:55 PM
Green Berniecrat

Thats great news, thanks for making sure! I cant wait to see some updated renderings (or at least renderings of larger size) .

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 8:57 PM
Green Berniecrat

Delete -- Double Post

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post
Thats great news, thanks for making sure! I cant wait to see some updated renderings (or at least renderings of larger size) .
i agree. i checked the websites of turnberry, swedroe architects, hks, and ehdd architects, and none of them had renderings of the project. i wonder if we email one of them if they'll release more renderings to the general public.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Will they be able to fit 333 and 325 Fremont next to each other? It seems like a fairly small space for 2 large buildings.
Sure. 333 isn't that large--its a midrise--and 325 wouldn't be as large as the buildings at the top of the hill either--20 stories the link says which makes sense--it should be roughly the size of the shorter tower at the Metropolitan.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 10:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive View Post
In addition to 325 Fremont, it looks like the developer of the adjacent 333 Fremont is trying to unload their entitlements too.

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Looplink...ers/colliersmn

I doubt we'll see either one of these project completed anytime soon.

As for 45 Lansing, it will be exciting to see this building rise alongside 375 Fremont, and the second phases of One Rincon Hill and the Infinity.
In accordance with what's happening in Mission Bay (see the BizTimes article about AvalonBay taking over a third site there I posted on that thread), perhaps AvalonBay, which owns the nearby Avalon Towers, or some other rental developer will be interested in moving forward with these projects. I wouldn't be disturbed if more rental housing (vs. condos) were put in the mix on Rincon Hill.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 8:27 PM
Green Berniecrat

Socketsite.com confirms "Site Prep" has begun:

-- "Paul Hwang of Skybox Realty captures the demolition of 45 Lansing. Cater-corner to One Rincon Hill, 45 Lansing is slated to become 305 uberluxury condominiums (“the most upscale development the new neighborhood has seen, with “exotic” marble baths, Italian Snaidero cabinetry, Gaggenau cooking appliances, Jacuzzi hydrotherapy tubs with built-in TVs, individual security systems, and 12-foot penthouse ceilings”) in a 40-story tower."

Last edited by Reminiscence; Jun 21, 2007 at 2:28 AM.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 9:40 PM

Quote:
In accordance with what's happening in Mission Bay (see the BizTimes article about AvalonBay taking over a third site there I posted on that thread), perhaps AvalonBay, which owns the nearby Avalon Towers, or some other rental developer will be interested in moving forward with these projects. I wouldn't be disturbed if more rental housing (vs. condos) were put in the mix on Rincon Hill.
That would be a brilliant idea. Not only would it get the area developed more rapidly, but they could always convert it over to condos in the future, if market dynamics change.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 9:42 PM

Quote:

-- "Paul Hwang of Skybox Realty captures the demolition of 45 Lansing. Cater-corner to One Rincon Hill, 45 Lansing is slated to become 305 uberluxury condominiums (“the most upscale development the new neighborhood has seen, with “exotic” marble baths, Italian Snaidero cabinetry, Gaggenau cooking appliances, Jacuzzi hydrotherapy tubs with built-in TVs, individual security systems, and 12-foot penthouse ceilings”) in a 40-story tower."
Thanks, I saw this too, but I'm too lazy to open a Flickr account and save the picture. Too bad you can't just upload pictures from your desktop.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 11:05 PM
BANNED

Walked by this afternoon. There's a street-use permit posted reserving the street in front of the site for "construction" for the next 2 months (through 8/7). It sure doesn't look like it's going to take 2 months to finish the demolition--I watched them and my guess is if they weren't trying to salvage the brick, they'd have the old building down now. Anyway, the need for street use for 2 months suggests to me that they are going to proceed with work beyond demolition--maybe even excavation. The company doing the present work and to whom the permit was issued is Cannon Constructors and I checked their site but nothing helpful there.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 2:27 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Walked by this afternoon. There's a street-use permit posted reserving the street in front of the site for "construction" for the next 2 months (through 8/7). It sure doesn't look like it's going to take 2 months to finish the demolition--I watched them and my guess is if they weren't trying to salvage the brick, they'd have the old building down now. Anyway, the need for street use for 2 months suggests to me that they are going to proceed with work beyond demolition--maybe even excavation. The company doing the present work and to whom the permit was issued is Cannon Constructors and I checked their site but nothing helpful there.
Thanks for the observations BT, information on this project sure is hard to come by these days. Hopefully once they've really got into it, they'll give it its own webpage. Your guess would be my best guess as well, they will probably continue with excavation and be ready for foundation laying within 3 months, at least thats what I hope.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 2:31 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:

Refering back to my post, I seem to be a little confused by the information given. It states it will be a "40-story tower" and shall have "12-foot penthouse ceilings." My questions is if all the levels will have 12 feet of clearance. If so, would that mean that the tower's total height would be roughly 480 feet?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 3:03 AM
BANNED

^^^It may not be 40 stories any more. Turnberry has reduced the number of units rather significantly (from the about 305 units to 227) by making them "larger". Perhaps that also involved raising the ceiling heights and therefore the floor heights. I'd be surprised if the overall height of the building changed much but it could have fewer, taller floors.

Rereading what you posted above, it appears "Paul Hwang of Skybox Realty" missed that reduction in the number of units, but the most recent articles in the BizTimes mention it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive